Clutch pedal woes by 842m4SE
Started on: 10-09-2020 09:46 PM
Replies: 6 (199 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 10-10-2020 01:18 AM
842m4SE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2020 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 842m4SESend a Private Message to 842m4SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been under the pedals in my fiero for a good hour and a half and I cannot seem to find the 13 mm bolts. I believe i have found the 2 15 mm bolts by the spring connection between the brake and clutch pedals, and one on top, but I cant find the 13 mm bolts! Could I get some visual aid? I have been going by the textual guide, but I don't know what the pivot bolt is or where the 13mms are on the u bracket. Any help?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
842m4SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2020 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 842m4SESend a Private Message to 842m4SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the one I was working on was around there, but it has been a few hours so I don't remember exactly. Had a tough time the first ratchet like it was coming out, but it didn't seem to be doing much.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2020 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On one of them we just barely see the tip in the photo:

The big bolt is a through-bolt that goes through the clutch and brake pedals. When you remove it, both pedals will fall out (after the respective pushrods are disconnected).

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 10-09-2020).]

842m4SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2020 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 842m4SESend a Private Message to 842m4SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

On one of them we just barely see the tip in the photo:

The big bolt is a through-bolt that goes through the clutch and brake pedals. When you remove it, both pedals will fall out (after the respective pushrods are disconnected).

Pushrod as in like the clutch master cylinder rod when it is connected? Thank you for the information by the way, that definitely helps to visualize things.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2020 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that's what I mean.
branger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brangerSend a Private Message to brangerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing I learned about changing my clutch pedal.... take 10 min and take the seat out first, way more comfortable to do the work without the seat!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 842m4SE:

...but I cant find the 13 mm bolts!

I couldn't understand why you were stating that when they both seemed to be in your picture. (...and have since been pointed out.)

I knew I had posted about this years ago, and I found the thread Here.

Originally posted by Patrick:

Your picture below shows the 15mm nut that needs to be removed. Once it's off, push the pivot bolt back a couple of inches so that it no longer goes through the clutch pedal. One of the 13mm bolts is also in your picture. The other one isn't too far away. It's just on the other side of the pivot bolt.

Throw away the spring you see here as well as the plastic collar below it. They are not needed (per instructions from GM).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock