Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Pontiac G6 GTP 6T70 Auto Transmission - "Broken" - $200 (Central New York)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pontiac G6 GTP 6T70 Auto Transmission - "Broken" - $200 (Central New York) by NonGoggleGuy
Started on: 08-13-2020 04:01 PM
Replies: 1 (121 views)
Last post by: NonGoggleGuy on 08-20-2020 01:26 PM
NonGoggleGuy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2020 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NonGoggleGuySend a Private Message to NonGoggleGuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a used 6T70 6-speed automatic transmission pulled from a running 2007 Pontiac G6 GTP with the 3.6L DOHC VVT (RPO code LY7) engine. The transmission has 107,000 miles on it. It was removed because it started showing signs of the ever-so-common 3-5-R waveplate issues. Evidently, it is a somewhat easy an inexpensive repair for someone willing to put in the work. I, myself, decided to get a used transmission and just replace the "whole box."

This transmission comes with the torque converter and the never removed valve body. I believe this transmission has the 36-tooth reluctor wheel (being 2007+); but I don't know for sure. Depending on your vehicle's ECM firmware, this setup may require a $100.00 dealer reflash in order to properly work with your vehicle. Upon my installation, the transmission shifted fine, but the speedometer was way off. A dealer reflash from a local dealership fixed that problem. And the car is still being driven daily.

I have no idea what this is worth (being that it is sort of broken), but the 3-5-R waveplate repair kit is under $100.00. I imagine the entire refurbishment job can be done for under $200.00 after you add in all the seals and fluid, etc., so this could be a reliable transmission for around $500.00.

That being said, this is being sold as is. I will accept cash only; NO TRADES OR CHECKS. I will also accept a reasonable best offer. Thanks.

craigslist ad: https://utica.craigslist.or...auto/7159734688.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NonGoggleGuy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2020 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NonGoggleGuySend a Private Message to NonGoggleGuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock