Started on: 06-28-2015 02:50 PM
Replies: 13 (325 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 06-29-2015 12:42 AM
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may end up with a bayonet in your face.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't understand what the guard said--but the intent was clear enough.

(I suppose he could have given the guy a quick horizontal butt stroke and thrust, then claimed 'I feared for me bloody life I did..')

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 06-28-2015).]

Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sounded like he said, "GET BACK FROM THE QUEEN'S GUARD!"

It seems to be a sport for some tourists to try to get a reaction from the palace guards. I think those tourists are just jerks.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

That's what I heard.

People are stupid. Tourists are jerks.

84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

It seems to be a sport for some tourists to try to get a reaction from the palace guards. I think those tourists are just jerks.

Sounded to me like,

"can't fk with the queens guard !"

But I ain't any good with foreign languages, I needed an interpreter in TN.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-28-2015).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
... then claimed 'I feared for me bloody life I did..')

Nice accent. Well played sir mate, .

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 06-28-2015).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was fake....just an act. Nothing to see here folks...

Edit: There was one I ran across where a black guy was harrassing one of the guards, and the guard punched him out cold. Then a cop came by, and the guard looked like he wanted to high-five the cop. The cop said something along the lines of "got your video or something, then the guard walked away.

The others you guys posted I have no doubt are real.

[This message has been edited by Jason88Notchie (edited 06-29-2015).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I respect their tenacity.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know the rules for the Queen's Guards but, I have to assume that actually touching one gives them the right to "defend" themselves. Hope that's true.
I'd hate to see that soldier get into trouble for reacting to such an idiot/tourist.

Kind of like the "bars" I used to frequent, you could look but, don't touch.

You know, salad bars and such.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Guard

Sentries receive instruction on how to eliminate nuisance or any suggestion of threat from members of the public. There is a protocol they follow which begins with "stamping" (coming to attention sharply). He will also shout: "Stand back from the guard" or words to that effect. If this does not eliminate the nuisance or threat he will repeat the stamp and shout again. If the nuisance or threat still does not cease the sentry will assume the position of "port arms" whereby he points his rifle at the source of the interference with his duties. If these warnings are not heeded the sentry then has the choice of detaining the person(s) himself or pressing the button in his sentry box to summon assistance.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sentries receive instruction on how to eliminate nuisance or any suggestion of threat from members of the public. There is a protocol they follow which begins with "stamping" (coming to attention sharply). He will also shout: "Stand back from the guard" or words to that effect. If this does not eliminate the nuisance or threat he will repeat the stamp and shout again. If the nuisance or threat still does not cease the sentry will assume the position of "port arms" whereby he points his rifle at the source of the interference with his duties. If these warnings are not heeded the sentry then has the choice of detaining the person(s) himself or pressing the button in his sentry box to summon assistance.

I believe that is incorrect, and if the video shows the sentry's proper reaction, it perhaps should read "will assume position of "on guard".

"Port Arms" is the rifle being held at forearm length from body, with rifle diagonally across the sentry's torso--bayonet would be at the sentry's 10 o'clock poistion above and to the left of his left shoulder. (one is at 'port arms' @ count two in this image)

The UK version of 'port arms' is very similar:

The "on guard" position:

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 06-28-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then there's this...

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's at port arms when he orders the viewers to maintain respect.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69767 posts
Member since Apr 2001
@ ~ 08 seconds--a fair warning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-dBwdeJSGo

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 06-29-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors