Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  White Trash - The Original Underclass (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
White Trash - The Original Underclass by Wichita
Started on: 08-07-2016 06:45 PM
Replies: 59 (992 views)
Last post by: newf on 08-12-2016 07:18 PM
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2016 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many Americans fall under the "white trash" class. The drug infested, ghetto culture, baby mama, undereducated, low-skilled, union loving, government handout welfare recipients, unemployable and largely a non-voting group of people that many others despise as retched rats of our society.

The angry middle-class whites are not only angry at minorities, undocumented immigrants and refugees who constantly cry, receive government handouts and political favoritism from politicians, but they are also angry at the "white trash" class, who are seen as nothing better than those those that are lazy drug addicts that are always try to game the system.

The strange thing is that many of the whites are either proud that they are "white trash" or they are "white trash" but don't even realize it.

https://www.propublica.org/...-original-underclass
Waste people. Rubbish. Clay-eaters. Hillbillies. Two new books that reckon with the long, bleak history of the country’s white poor suggest their plight shouldn’t have caught the rest of the country off guard.

"Nothing happened to them. There wasn’t some awful disaster. There wasn’t a war or a famine or a plague or a foreign occupation. Even the economic changes of the past few decades do very little to explain the dysfunction and negligence — and the incomprehensible malice — of poor white America. So the gypsum business in Garbutt ain’t what it used to be. There is more to life in the 21st century than wallboard and cheap sentimentality about how the Man closed the factories down.

The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. Morally, they are indefensible. Forget all your cheap theatrical Bruce Springsteen crap. Forget your sanctimony about struggling Rust Belt factory towns and your conspiracy theories about the wily Orientals stealing our jobs … The white American underclass is in thrall to a vicious, selfish culture whose main products are misery and used heroin needles"
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2016 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

The strange thing is that many of the whites are either proud that they are "white trash" or they are "white trash" but don't even realize it.

Thing is, a lot of "white trash" are proud people. Not proud of being white trash, but perhaps too proud to accept help or better themselves. There's nothing wrong with simple people living a simple life. That's a whole other group than the ones that have the over-inflated sense of entitlement.

I respect the working poor (of any color) a whole lot more than any welfare kings and queens (again, regardless of skin color).

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 08-07-2016).]

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2016 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Many Americans fall under the "white trash" class. The drug infested, ghetto culture, baby mama, undereducated, low-skilled, union loving, government handout welfare recipients, unemployable and largely a non-voting group of people that many others despise as retched rats of our society.

The angry middle-class whites are not only angry at minorities, undocumented immigrants and refugees who constantly cry, receive government handouts and political favoritism from politicians, but they are also angry at the "white trash" class, who are seen as nothing better than those those that are lazy drug addicts that are always try to game the system.

https://www.propublica.org/...-original-underclass
Waste people. Rubbish. Clay-eaters. Hillbillies. Two new books that reckon with the long, bleak history of the country’s white poor suggest their plight shouldn’t have caught the rest of the country off guard.

"Nothing happened to them. There wasn’t some awful disaster. There wasn’t a war or a famine or a plague or a foreign occupation. Even the economic changes of the past few decades do very little to explain the dysfunction and negligence — and the incomprehensible malice — of poor white America. So the gypsum business in Garbutt ain’t what it used to be. There is more to life in the 21st century than wallboard and cheap sentimentality about how the Man closed the factories down.

The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. Morally, they are indefensible. Forget all your cheap theatrical Bruce Springsteen crap. Forget your sanctimony about struggling Rust Belt factory towns and your conspiracy theories about the wily Orientals stealing our jobs … The white American underclass is in thrall to a vicious, selfish culture whose main products are misery and used heroin needles"

You left out the last line of the quote from Kevin Williamson..

Donald Trump’s speeches make them feel good. So does OxyContin.

The article as a whole though was a great read.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 08-07-2016).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2016 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White Trash Lives Matter.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2016 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:
The article as a whole though was a great read.

I left the last sentence out because of this in the article:

" Williamson, for one, mischaracterizes the typical Trump voter. As exit polls show, the candidate’s base is not the truly bereft white underclass Williamson derides. Those Americans are, by and large, not voting at all, as I’m often reminded when reporting in places like Appalachia, where turnout rates are the lowest in the country. People voting for Trump are mostly a notch higher on the economic ladder "

So how can the Poor White Trash be Trump supporters when they don't vote or don't care of the political process?

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 210
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2016 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Liberal urban media writing nasty articles about Trump supporters ???!!

What a non-surprise.

The lefties have been pushing this meme so hard that even Marco Rubio briefly attempted to use it......to his peril

http://investmentwatchblog....porters-white-trash/

"Democratic insiders and Republican elites have joined forces, it seems, and have orchestrated a new attack on the GOP front runner, on social media.

A leaked memo tells supporters of Clinton, Sanders, and Marco Rubio to attack Trump supporters as “racist” “white trash” “fat” and “trailer trash.”

RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

............................Saul Alinsky, "Rules For Radicals"

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-07-2016).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-07-2016 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

There's nothing wrong with simple people living a simple life. That's a whole other group than the ones that have the over-inflated sense of entitlement.

EXACTLY....my brother and sister (and some people I know ) consider me "white trash"--and I DONT GIVE A DAMN !

Its NOT about the Lotus and BMW and having all the latest electronics, (been there, done that a few times and I learned--that Mini 3 years ago was my LAST foray into pricey cars !) its about what makes YOU happy. For me an older 4x4 pickup and a Fiero is good enough, so is a gravel road. I can live just fine off of a well and septic, and I don't NEED sidewalks and streetlights. I don't GIVE a damn whats playing at the live theater, and my idea of "culture" is a steak, cold beer and tailgate made at home, NOT $100 a plate at some restaraunt. I don't even OWN a suit right now, let alone want an "Armani". A double-wide is enough "house" for a single guy, I don't need the expense of a basement just to have storage for crap I don't need and will use once in 10 years (SO LONG as I have a shed and garage )

The peace and quiet and freedom to do what I want when I want without listening to neighbors complain MORE than outweighs any benefit I could get from all the "glitz" or "bling". YUP, that includes stepping out the back door of the garage and taking a leak without worrying about it.

I'll hear back about that repair contract tomorrow or Tuesday (2 of us in the running right now, and its looking good for me) and if I get it, I'll be topside of 70K/yr again (finally !!!) --and I am not in the LEAST interested in a 70k lifestyle or "keeping up with the Jones".

Ya know, when I set up this apartment in January, I got all my furniture from Goodwill. I knew it was a temporary place for 2 years max, so I sunk a whopping $250 so far into furnishing the whole place (it actually looks pretty good). THAT'S the kind of thing that earns a "white trash" label from my family and some friends--and I dont care. In the slightest.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 08-07-2016).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-08-2016 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Difference is,, you can go over to most white trash and ask do you have,, that I could borrow,, or use?? and they will let you use it..
Go into a 'hood and you'll get the door in your face..

White Trash.. tend to not riot either...
sadly the same can not be said for colored trash..
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Many Americans fall under the "white trash" class.

viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The upper class makes all of the money, pays none of the taxes.
The middle class does all of the work, and pays all of the taxes.
The poor are there, just to scare the sh!t out of the middle class.
~George Carlin~
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-08-2016 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

~George Carlin~

I have yet to see a middle class person hit with a 17 million dollar a year tax bill..
I'm just over the poor line. And I find it funny that people that cry that they paid x dollars in taxs.. don't think the rich pay enough.. when one person pays more in one year than I will in my whole life..
PFF
System Bot
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the last paragraph sums up the article and explains why Trump is popular with a certain demographic:

Things were much better in an earlier time, and no future awaits in places that have been left behind by polished people in gleaming cities. The most painful comparison is not with supposedly ascendant minorities — it’s with the fortunes of one’s own parents or, by now, grandparents. The demoralizing effect of decay enveloping the place you live cannot be underestimated. And the bitterness — the “primal scorn” — that Donald Trump has tapped into among white Americans in struggling areas is aimed not just at those of foreign extraction. It is directed toward fellow countrymen who have become foreigners of a different sort, looking down on the natives, if they bother to look at all.

It seems that one's views are often determined by life circumstances and downward mobility is not desirable for this block of voters.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-08-2016 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

I think the last paragraph sums up the article and explains why Trump is popular with a certain demographic:

Things were much better in an earlier time, and no future awaits in places that have been left behind by polished people in gleaming cities. The most painful comparison is not with supposedly ascendant minorities — it’s with the fortunes of one’s own parents or, by now, grandparents. The demoralizing effect of decay enveloping the place you live cannot be underestimated. And the bitterness — the “primal scorn” — that Donald Trump has tapped into among white Americans in struggling areas is aimed not just at those of foreign extraction. It is directed toward fellow countrymen who have become foreigners of a different sort, looking down on the natives, if they bother to look at all.

It seems that one's views are often determined by life circumstances and downward mobility is not desirable for this block of voters.

No,,, Trump is popular, because he say's what people, all people have been say'n for decades..
Make America great again,,
bring the job's back.... and if needed tarrif the living shitola out of imports that have an unfair advantage, of slave labor, no human rights, and or lax envoi rules/regs..
Most know that the biggest reason jobs left was the EPA and the greenies.. and the freedom to move your operation to a low labor cost country..
You'd think the Greenies would welcome TRUMP.. as it'll force other countries to clean up their industry emission and enviro reg's.. but greenies tend to live by the liberal laws of out of sight out of mind, and the other one of, not in my backyard.. and seem to think all that crap stays over there.. Clearly, they missed how the earths atmosphere and ocean flow works in school.. or that knowledge defaults to the #1 rule of liberal greenies, out of sight out of mind..

Liberal voters hate him,, as bringing job's back will force them to find a job instead of the welfare life.
the dems.in d.c. hate him. as his tarrif the crap out of them, will hurt their greased palms..
rino's hate him..because he'll have no problem telling it as it is in his, addresses to the nation.. and they don't want that..

I mean if he went on an oval office addressing the people, and said I want to tarrif imports from x country and y country and the reasons why..
And the peoples rep's had to face down voting no.. to it.. As more and more fight to find a good job..

They know he'd facebook and tweet a list of rep's that voted no and yes... and those that never bothered to research would have it come to them, without them having to lift a finger..

That scares the crap out of everyone in d.c. from the left, right,center, and all the lobbyist and that whole industry...

Even if he was not able to get much done, because of congress, well being congress..
he'd kill off if not put on life support the industry of big guns paying off/owning our government.. as he'd bring that whole,, old boys club into the publics eye's and it will come to a very big shock to many, and fire them up..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 08-08-2016).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

~George Carlin~

The top 10% of the population pay 71% of the income tax. The bottom 40% of the population pay no income tax.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

~George Carlin~

A quote from a multi-millionaire comedian.

He was mocking his own audience and few of them ever realized it.

http://www.celebritynetwort...ge-carlin-net-worth/

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-08-2016).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trash is trash, black, white, green, purple; it doesn't matter to most people. Trash separates itself racially. This shows that it is really about culture rather than race.

The good thing is that I don't imagine real trash bothers to vote.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Trash" being the operative word. Regardless of other adjectives.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Trash is trash, black, white, green, purple; it doesn't matter to most people. Trash separates itself racially. This shows that it is really about culture rather than race.

"Scooter Trash"

(By the way, is "Trailer Trash" a "culture" too, and what do we label folks with *no* "culture"?)

The left has always been all about "identity politics".
Race, sex, ethnicity, religion, age, etc., etc......you name it.
The left constantly talks of being "inclusive" to all the groups they themselves divide and categorize.
There has never been an ideology more divisive.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

what do we label folks with *no* "culture"?)

Not sure that exists.

Or do you mean people who don't like "abstract art"?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Not sure that exists.

Or do you mean people who don't like "abstract art"?

Abstract art ?

NAH

NOBODY really likes abstract art, but some *pretend* to just to try to make everyone *else* believe that they can't see what the "elite" can see.

To lefties, it frequently just means anyone who doesn't live in the "correct" area of the country or who doesn't read the New York Times, Daily Kos and HufPo or get their "news" and opinions from TV comedians like John Oliver.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

"Scooter Trash"

That's what we "Motorcycle Enthusiasts" call everyone else.

(.....what do we label folks with *no* "culture"?)

Democrats!
PFF
System Bot
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based upon Wichita's opening paragraph, it would appear that, exclusive of ethnicity, we ALL have our respective "n!ggers."

Wow.....imagine that.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 08-08-2016).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-08-2016 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Trash has no race... but they do vote..
early and often .. \\
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-08-2016 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Based upon Wichita's opening paragraph, it would appear that, exclusive of ethnicity, we ALL have our respective "n!ggers."

Wow.....imagine that.

Difference is you think you have the right to use that word, because of your skin color.. WRONG.... But will cry like a little b---------h if a honkey does..
That makes you worse than basic trash.. it make you a racist and trash..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 08-08-2016).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Being proud of being trash would probably be a symptom of a mental illness.
Being proud of overcoming it would make some sense.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43231 posts
Member since May 2007
"The original underclass"
Original, such as back in the day, when most of human society were hunter - gatherers?
Probably the weak, those who could not defend themselves
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have we been usurped as the lowest of the low?
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been rich and I've been poor. Rich is better. ~ Sophie Tucker
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Difference is you think you have the right to use that word, because of your skin color..

My dear child, don't delude yourself thusly. You haven't the slightest notion what I think.

Though I am rather curious. Is it that important to you that you do so?

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 08-09-2016).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-09-2016 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Being proud of being trash would probably be a symptom of a mental illness.
Being proud of overcoming it would make some sense.

I dunno. Depends on who is defining "trash". . IE: If some politically-correct, liberal, prickster hipster considers me "trash" then my work is complete and I'm kinda proud of that.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-09-2016 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My dear child, don't delude yourself thusly. You haven't the slightest notion what I think.

Though I am rather curious. Is it that important to you that you do so?

Don't care what you think..
you are colored and used that word...
yet will cry like a little ***** if any other race uses it..
Only colored folks that use that word, all think they have the right as they are colored, and others don't because they are not..
I've lost many friends because of them using it and thinking it is ok.. But cry when they here anyone else use it..
Only trash uses it.. racist trash
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2016 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would bet most of us don't, you don't really come out and say it.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-09-2016).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2016 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43231 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:
I dunno. Depends on who is defining "trash". . IE: If some politically-correct, liberal, prickster hipster considers me "trash" then my work is complete and I'm kinda proud of that.

That does make sense. So the problem is people may each have their own definition.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-09-2016 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just because you drummed a little diddy, snorted coke off of "white bitches", became muslim, and black, does not make you better than anyone here. Get off that horse.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2016 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Just because you drummed a little diddy, snorted coke off of "white bitches", became muslim, and black, does not make you better than anyone here. Get off that horse.

LOL! That reminds me of something my grandmother once said to me....

"Don't ever think you're better than everyone else....but never forget you're certainly better than some."
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2016 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I left the last sentence out because of this in the article:

" Williamson, for one, mischaracterizes the typical Trump voter. As exit polls show, the candidate’s base is not the truly bereft white underclass Williamson derides. Those Americans are, by and large, not voting at all, as I’m often reminded when reporting in places like Appalachia, where turnout rates are the lowest in the country. People voting for Trump are mostly a notch higher on the economic ladder "

So how can the Poor White Trash be Trump supporters when they don't vote or don't care of the political process?

Fair enough. It's too bad most commenters here haven't seemed to have read the full article. I found parts of it very enlightening.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2016 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Fair enough. It's too bad most commenters here haven't seemed to have read the full article. I found parts of it very enlightening.

Where as you claim to have read it but have no comment?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2016 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure he commented that he found it very enlightening.

(I read only the excerpt Wichita posted)

Whether one is 'trash' or not usually depends only upon from what point of view any one person is looking from.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-09-2016).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2016 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've lived in a few trailers and one was a double-wide. There were always two or three bars within walking distance, too.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-09-2016 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL! That reminds me of something my grandmother once said to me....

"Don't ever think you're better than everyone else....but never forget you're certainly better than some."

You clearly have no issue using that word that many spent their life to stop being used.. so you are better than none..
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock