Started on: 01-09-2000 10:22 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: fiero56 on 01-10-2000 09:23 AM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2000 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone here had any experience with Kleen Wheels (or whatever else they may be calling the little discs that fit between your hubs and wheels)? Sure would be nice to keep the brake dust off of my wheels, but I have some concerns about how badly they affect brake cooling.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fiero56

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2000 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
I don't have any personal experience with them, but I have heard they do affect brake cooling significantly. I've heard rumors of warped rotors and early and very noticable brake fade. These are just rumors(a friend of a friend...), but what you are doing (asking about them first) is a good idea.
Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2000 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EdClick Here to visit Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to EdDirect Link to This Post
I sold off my "kleen wheels" because I also heard about the overheating problem.

They didn't even work that well when they were on the car.

dogtired

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2000 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dogtiredSend a Private Message to dogtiredDirect Link to This Post
I really don't think it is a good idea to use those either???
What products do you-all use to clean your wheels????
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2000 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
I use a wheel cleaner by Eagle One. I use a brush designed for the cleaning of convertible tops, about 16" long handle, 4" square brish. Works great for cleaning up wheels. Plus it keeps my arms away from the wheel cleaner.
I have tried many wheel cleaners, haven't found one yet, that does a satisfactory job without using a brush.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock