T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

87 Fiero GT Sail Panels by DerekD
Started on: 04-16-2001 02:22 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Cameron on 04-16-2001 05:18 PM
DerekD
No longer registered
Report this Post04-16-2001 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DerekDSend a Private Message to DerekDDirect Link to This Post
Just curious if anyone might have some detailed information about removing the sail panels on an 87 GT.

------------------
Drive It Like You Stole IT !

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1FST2M6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2001 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
there is a string installed at the factory. IF you can find the fishing line looking string just pull it and out comes the window intact and not mess to clean up.. i had to take the inside fiberglas piece out and smack the window with a hammer.. it's plastic so it wasn't really messy just a pain... i replaced them with units from the Fierowarehouse
www.fiero.nl/uploads/1fsthydrant.jpg

------------------
www.engineered.net www.epdyno.com www.enthuzacar.com

oh yeah .. welcome to the forum!!!

[This message has been edited by 1FST2M6 (edited 04-16-2001).]

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2001 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
If you get them out using the "fishing line", good for you. I tried it but the line just snapped. I wound up busting them all up and removing them in pieces. Clean up was tough, too. But others on the list have had better luck using the product called "Goof Off" (or something similar) to remove the glue.

The good news is that installation is a snap.

Good Luck,
Roy

DerekD
No longer registered
Report this Post04-16-2001 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DerekDSend a Private Message to DerekDDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the information, but now i have another question for you, I took peek at im guessing your fiero there with the blacked out sail panels. Would that be tint or something u had custom made ?

------------------

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2001 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Doug at Fierowarehouse makes timted versions. The tint is actually in the plastic. Tinting with film would be problematic, but not totally impossible I suppose. But if memory serves me, the tinted versions are the same price.
DerekD
No longer registered
Report this Post04-16-2001 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DerekDSend a Private Message to DerekDDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for information Stimpy. Any chance you have a URL for the Fiero Warehouse.

------------------

Cameron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2001 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CameronClick Here to visit Cameron's HomePageSend a Private Message to CameronDirect Link to This Post
I have heard that a cable like the ones used for brakes on a bicycle. using the fishing line method...you can not only move it and it won't break but you can also saw with it alittle bit, aslong as you do it carefully as not to cut the plastic. good luck!

------------------
Cameron
http://Fiero.NetMARC.com

85Josh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2001 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85JoshSend a Private Message to 85JoshDirect Link to This Post
Here's the Fiero Warehouse site: http://www.geocities.com/fierowarehouse/

------------------
85 2M4(Lil' Bit)

1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2001 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
my tinted ones weren't any more than the others he offers.. and the tape they come with is good to WELL over 100mph and they fit just KILLER! and you can still see through them with no problem
Cameron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2001 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CameronClick Here to visit Cameron's HomePageSend a Private Message to CameronDirect Link to This Post
on the removal piece again ... I just removed my passenger sail panel because it was cracked and it was really starting to annoy me so I put a new one in ... I removed it with cut lanyard. You know the flat ropes that you use to hang stuff around your neck or for your keys ... I cut off one end of it to make a long flat string and it worked great ... and it odviously didn't break the lanyard ... and no (more) breaks on the sail panel.

------------------
Cameron
http://Fiero.NetMARC.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock