Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Is there an easier (cheaper) way to gain more HP? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Is there an easier (cheaper) way to gain more HP? by fropuff
Started on: 04-29-2001 08:30 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: Dave Gunsul on 05-04-2001 10:34 PM
Shaun41178

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2001 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shaun41178Send a Private Message to Shaun41178Direct Link to This Post
Good call Travis. Well I wouldn't say it was completely my idea for the shortened intake runners as you had some involvement there too. Thanks for the props though.

Yea It might look dumb to you but hey it picked up .2 in the 1/8 mile so don't dog too much. Everyone is asking how to get cheap performance and how to go faster, then Travis shows you how to do it and then you say it is "dumb" and "stupid" and "impractical"

Give me a break people. How many others of you are wiling to spend the time to pick up 50 hp at the wheels on yor Fiero? Most just talk about it. So then Travis/Me show you with actual results at the track or the dyno and then you poke fun at it. He is making as much at the wheels as a 3.4 is and Travis has a 2.8.

If I pick up .2 in the 1/8 then I don't care how "stupid" it might look under the hood, cause the only thing that will look stupid is the STang or camaro owner as I leave him/her in the dust.

Travis, you repulled those shaved intake manifolds to have them ported more? Reason I ask is cause if I still make it up there around the first week or so of June, while putting my heads on I would like to throw on them shortened intake manifolds as well to get just a few more HP. Since my old ones would be on your car we could use the ones off of your car and we can put them on mine. Sound ok? Also sell your cat-back exhaust yet?

Oh yea Travis, Got the dyno printout of the stock vs shaved manifolds? If so when you get the chance if you could email it to me. Or just post it here. Thanks man

------------------
Shaun 85 GT with nitrous
0-60 in 5.6 seconds
Preferred Performance

IP: Logged
grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
Everyone here should know I am never one to hold back my thoughts, obviously you have created something that DOES actually work, you proved it... Congrats.... You have to agree it does look STUPID and many would think "Why the hell would ANYONE do that!" hence my first thought, but you proved it works, and the oxygen issue is solved by the hole you mentioned.....

Kudos

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
Uuumm....okay...well...Fropuff I would just
like to ask you: what are you going to use the car for? If you're going to use the car for strip only then go for the bottle but if you're going to use it mainly on the street then the bottle becomes useless!
Now I know many of you bottle believers are
ready to flame me but come on the turbo or a
built up engine will be fast anytime you call on it and if done right, you can have reliability too.

------------------
Dave Gunsul
N.I.F.E. member
86 GT modified
85 SE daily driver

fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'd like a car that is quick all the time, which gets rid of the nitrous idea. I really would like it, but not now. Guess what I want now? That's right; a 3.4L pushrod. I might get the mods that I was planning for the 2.8L and put em on the 3.4L. Even if a complete swap costs $4000, it's only $1500 more than the mods that Travis has. They are good ones though! Thanks.

PS: If I were to actually get to the 3.4L swap, do I just need the block? Thanks a lot.

------------------
Fuzz busters rock!

88formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2001 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88formulaClick Here to visit 88formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88formulaDirect Link to This Post
You just need the block and crankshaft with the pistons. The heads are the same but the valve springs are not.

------------------

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2001 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Dave Gunsul (edited 05-04-2001).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock