A/C Condensation Leaking into Interior by rigdonhome
Started on: 10-24-2001 09:18 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: stsmithgt on 10-26-2001 10:05 AM
rigdonhome

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2001 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rigdonhomeClick Here to visit rigdonhome's HomePageSend a Private Message to rigdonhomeDirect Link to This Post
Help!

I have a unique problem compared to the other A/C box leaks I've seen on the forum.

My leak is always 100% pure, clean water, and it never leaks in the rain or car wash, so I am positive that it is NOT an external leak. Furthermore, the leak only happens when the A/C compressor is running. I understand where the water is coming from... It's condensing inside the box from the cold A/C running.

What I DON'T understand is why it's leaking into the vehicle. Is there a drain somewhere that is clogged? Where is the condensation SUPPOSED to go???

Cheers,
Scott

------------------
Scott Rigdon
1988 Fiero GT, Black, 5-speed
38,000 Original Miles!
Web Site: http://www.RigdonHome.com/
Story of buying my Fiero: http://www.RigdonHome.com/cars/88_Fiero_GT/14_hours_in_a_fiero.htm

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2001 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Should be a drain tube some where, I'll have to look in the daylight to see exactly where it is on my '84. Maybe you got critters of some sort up in there.
Ok, I went out to look, Can't find it, but the Haynes book shows one, but not very clear about the location, or where it is supposed to exit the evap/heater core enclosure. Sorry I'm no more help.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-24-2001).]

rigdonhome

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2001 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rigdonhomeClick Here to visit rigdonhome's HomePageSend a Private Message to rigdonhomeDirect Link to This Post
How did you know about the critters? They aren't really related to my car problem, though...

------------------
Scott Rigdon
1988 Fiero GT, Black, 5-speed
38,000 Original Miles!
Web Site: http://www.RigdonHome.com/
Story of buying my Fiero: http://www.RigdonHome.com/cars/88_Fiero_GT/14_hours_in_a_fiero.htm

87GTZ34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2001 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTZ34Send a Private Message to 87GTZ34Direct Link to This Post
The AC condensation drain comes out of the right front most corner of the housing. You can feel it inside the trunk area but it drains underneath behind the fender liner. Hope this helps.
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2001 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
I've got the same problem but just haven't gotten around to fixing it, yet. If you pull the cover of of the end of the heater core housing in the passenger side foot well, you'll notice a seal. Most likely, either the seal is hard or missing or damaged. Or, the screws on the cover aren't tight enough (Be carful here, you don't want to strip the plastic threads. Or you can do what I do... leave a rag under it .

------------------
Roy :D
Just another stock Blue 87 GT

stsmithgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2001 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stsmithgtClick Here to visit stsmithgt's HomePageSend a Private Message to stsmithgtDirect Link to This Post
Unique problem? Yeah, unique to a Fiero! Hah! DRIP!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock