Started on: 06-17-2002 06:29 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: GTDude on 06-17-2002 10:39 AM
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2002 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
It's an 85 2m4 with intermittent wipers. The wipers turn on an off normally if on only a short time. After about 10 minutes of use they stay on. They will change from low to high speed okay, but won't go back to intermittent or off. If I shut the key off for a while and then back on the wipers will go straight to the rest position and stay off. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dave

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2002 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I will bet that the circuit card fort he wipers is either not seated well, or shorted out. Try removing the wiper motor cover, (held in place with one screw) and reseat the circuit card. If it still has the same problem, get a new card from a salvage yard.

I had the same exact problem, and it turned out to be moisture that made its way under the motor cover causing a bad connection for thecard.

Good luck

GTDude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2002 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
Topcat is correct. It has to be the circuit board. If you can find one at a junk yard alot of other cars should be the same around the same year. There is also a relay that is connected by a wire.....get that too.

Phil

------------------
GTDude
25 years GM experience

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock