Started on: 05-09-2003 08:07 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: sanderson on 05-11-2003 09:07 AM
sanderson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2003 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
I trial fitted my Quad 4 in the car today. To avoid cost of Getrag cables and adapters, I am trying to build my own adapter plate to be able to use 4 speed cables with the Quad 4 Getrag.

After the trial fit I'm even more convinced that this is workable. There appear to be no problems with cable routeing - they fit fine right over the throttle body. I hooked the cables and the shift action seems to work fine.

I haven't been able to test the select action yet. A friend is building me a spacer that will allow me to sil-braze the select collar and shift lever together as one unit. This is necessary as the select collar needs to be rotated about 90 degrees. The Getrag select collar is held on the shaft by a roll pin in the original configuration and the collar is hardened so drilling it is a problem and after rotating 90 degrees the roll pin can not go all the way through as it would protrude into the slot that the pin on the select lever rides in.

Here is what it looks like in the car

Here is what it looked like out of the car although I did lower the mounting stanchions a little to clear the coolant outlet line

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dewey66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2003 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dewey66Send a Private Message to dewey66Direct Link to This Post
The 4speed cables and the shifter will work with a 5 speed . I have this ,it will work. Stay with it . If i can get a picture of mine i will post it.It is not fancy ,but works real well. DEWEY
sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2003 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
Dewey66,

I'm interested in how you handled rotating the collar the the pin for the select lever rides in or maybe we'll just stop by and see it in person we'll be in Germany in July.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock