Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  What's a good scan tool to work with a Fiero 4.9?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

What's a good scan tool to work with a Fiero 4.9? by Mastermind
Started on: 09-03-2003 09:57 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: rockcrawl on 09-06-2003 09:43 AM
Mastermind

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post09-03-2003 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindDirect Link to This Post

Will the Actron CP9135 OBD Autoscanner work? It's for cars 94 and newer does the 4.9 with computer fall under it? And will the connector on the Fiero allow it to connect?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2003 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindDirect Link to This Post

Okay, so which scan tool are you using since no one responded to the question on the Actron scanner.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2003 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
I have an Auto Xray unit that does not seem to work (currently, I am talking with the manufacturer about it).

As for the one you meantioned, something is not right there: scanners for GM vehicles fall into these categories: OBD1 - 82 to 95 and OBD2 - 96 and on. If the scanner does 94 and on, then it should do 82 to present (unless there is something written into the software that prevents pre-94 cars to be scanned, which would be stupid as it is bascially the same setup as the 94/95s). I am not sure if the cables are different between the OBD1 and 2s.

Tim

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2003 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindDirect Link to This Post

Update:

I bought the Actron got it home only to discover the connector are different so it won't work.

What are you other guys for scan tools?

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2003 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
The GM OBDI AutoXray scan tool uses the stock Fiero style ALDL connector.
rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2003 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlDirect Link to This Post
I use a Snap-On MT-2500.

I have an Auto Xray unit that does not seem to work

Make sure you have a wire from ECM A8 or A9 to ALDL M. Scan as a Deville, fourth digit C.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock