400hp? Quad4 Turbo Build by bryson
Started on: 08-17-2003 10:55 AM
Replies: 470
Last post by: bryson on 03-15-2005 11:34 PM
bryson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2004 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I know my header is much more efficient than a log header, but how much of a difference do you think it will make for my tubular header compared to an equal length one? I like the idea of not having to change anything else -- that's one reason I made this header as close in size to my old one as possible. Thanks!
--Bryson
IP: Logged
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2004 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
header pictures! All this work and the turbo hits the cam tower! I made it the EXACT same height as the last header, but I guess this flange was at a slightly different angle. I still have to figure out what to do about that, but here are the pics: I'm really happy with it!

--Bryson
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2004 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post

bryson

737 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Off to college tonight -- I had to put the old header back on after I welded up the hole, but the car is running well and I'll try to work on the SS header at Clemson; hopefully they will have some sort of bandsaw so that I can cut the flange off of the header and weld it on at a different angle. I'll try to keep writing, but I'll be busy. Have a good one!
--Bryson
DanielKJenkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2004 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanielKJenkinsSend a Private Message to DanielKJenkinsDirect Link to This Post
Good luck at school.

Your work is awesome.

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk www.XoticRydz.tk

SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bryson, you ever see a green fiero GT running around clemson? Thats my brother Gangrenefiero. He lives in Aiken SC but also goes to Clemson. He is in the progress of installing aSC3800 in his car. Got it running the other day. You two should hook up. Next time I am down there visiting we all should get together!

------------------

USED to be NOS3800
1988 Purple Fiero GTw/SC3800 conversion
Best ET with 3.0 pulley and 1.9 rockers: 12.74@105mph
Best 60 Foot: 1.735
Stayed tuned: Now has XP HOT cam and Short Stack Intercooler!

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Not yet -- give me his number if you've got it; I'm always bored and am going through shock of not being at the shop everyday. A few people are supposedly going to a dragstrip tomorrow night about an hour away. I don't know if I'll go or not, but it's an option. Thanks!
--Bryson
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
gangrenefiero@hotmail.com Here's his email address. Not sure if he would want me giving out his cell. But definitely get in touch with him, seems you could help him out with some details on his car.
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2004 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
soooo... wanna get rid of that old header sometime?

------------------

1988 Quad 4 Coupe 5 speed click for more pics
1986 GT 5 speed
AOL: LastMinuteBastrd AIM: SavedbyJebus

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2004 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Right now it's on my car, but once I get the angle fixed on the new header and put it on my car, I might consider trying to work something out. Right now it's nice to have a spare, but I would feel comfortable working a deal with you since you're from PFF and all -- PM me and we'll keep in touch.
SOULCRUSHER -- I tried to email your brother, but it was returned to me. Give him my email address so we can meet up. Thanks!
--Bryson
87SEbeast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87SEbeastSend a Private Message to 87SEbeastDirect Link to This Post
I absolutely love the build. *drool*
PFF
System Bot
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
you should come to our Drag strip up here... we had a R32 skyline GT-S 2.5 w/a RB25DETT conversion at the strip last week... and i bet the 800hp supra would give you a run for you money!!! come on!you konw you wanna test that new manifold and be the fiero that appeard one night and never returnd

[This message has been edited by TaurusThug (edited 08-23-2004).]

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
That would be really cool to watch. There was a supercharged Viper at the track I went to. It was pretty insane, I watched him run a 10.6! There was also a turbocharged bike that ran in the 9s. The track is called Atlanta Dragway; it's in a town called Commerce, about an hour away from me. Where is the dragstrip near you? I would like to come check it out if it's not too far.
--Bryson
87SEbeast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87SEbeastSend a Private Message to 87SEbeastDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TaurusThug:

you should come to our Drag strip up here... we had a R32 skyline GT-S 2.5 w/a RB25DETT conversion at the strip last week... and i bet the 800hp supra would give you a run for you money!!! come on!you konw you wanna test that new manifold and be the fiero that appeard one night and never returnd

R32's came with the RB20DETT right? isn't the good skyline motor the RB 26DETT?

mmmmmm....2.6Liter inline six, dohc, twin turbo, (and if you splurge and get the GT-R trim)....AWD

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
My parts came in today from home that I need to finish putting on my SS header! This header has been so frustrating -- all because I didn't measure right. I didn't think it would matter if the turbo was slightly to the left or right, but I forgot about the bolts holding the cam towers on. I had to have the flange for the turbo cut off and welded at a different angle but the compressor housing still barely hit the cam tower. I have a flange from my first header project that I am using as a spacer, so hopefully I can get the car running today! I'm waiting on my roommate to come back so we can go to the gym and eat and stuff, but I'll post tonight and let everyone know how it goes!! I wish I had a picture of the header from the inside, looking down at the merge collector -- it's pretty awesome. I might also order a rubber or silicone elbow so that I can work on the turbo inlet while I'm here.
--Bryson
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
ever 1/4 mile this?
ever g-tech it?
WOW..
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I'm hoping to get it to a 1/4 mi track sometime soon -- If I go home this weekend I won't be able to do it until next week, but I'll post as soon as I do it, even if the times are no good. Thanks!
--Bryson
AndrewZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2004 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndrewZSend a Private Message to AndrewZDirect Link to This Post
Sweet....
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
the Non-Turbo Skyline came with a RB20DE... this guy swapped out the REB20 for a RB25DETT... we normally go to Greer Dragway or WareShoals dragway... you need to run my friends 91 MR2 turbo. i think you take him in the top end but hell get you off the line. theres also a guy here that drives his "mustangs" on the street that will race ANYONE! his "weakest" one is ONLY 900hp and his "drag car" is about 1300hp, ahh the wonders of Twin Turbocharging!
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post

It's an octopus! lol.

Great work man, it's all grade A, that's for sure.

James

[This message has been edited by JamesCurtis (edited 09-08-2004).]

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Hey! Look what I got the other day =)

It looks so cool in the engine bay! We put one on my friend's T70 RX7 and it reduced underhood temps a lot! It is stiched with fiberglass and has stainless steel mesh inside and the outside is some other heat insulating stuff (I can find out if anyone is interested). I'm trying to decide if it would be worth my time to get these made and try to sell them. I'll have pictures of it installed later today. Thanks for looking!
--Bryson
PFF
System Bot
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Got the pictures

I know I still need to clean up the engine bay some, but I'm woring on getting the car to run correctly right now -- I had a problem: turns out you can't use a Victor Reinz head gasket if you O-ringed the block closer than .060 away from the cylinders. Hopefully I will have it in time for the Oct 2 upstate meet -- my dad is doing me a HUGE favor and taking everything back off again to retorque the head studs while I'm at college. Thanks for looking!
--Bryson

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post
Still looking good man. Hope you can get it running right soon, you deserve it after working on it for so long.

Nate

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
B!tchin' work man, looks excellent, and I'm sure it'll go like stink. Cool project!

Bryce
88 GT

Flyguyeddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2004 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyguyeddySend a Private Message to FlyguyeddyDirect Link to This Post
is it just me or does that engine look tilted to the rear?

EDIT: i cant spell today, and look how short that message is! jeesh......

[This message has been edited by Flyguyeddy (edited 09-28-2004).]

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2004 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I think the engine is tilted to the rear a little bit, but it is level left to right. When I bolted the transmission to the cradle, the engine sat like that and I didn't want to try to straighten it out and risk putting a lot of stress on the cradle. Since an engine torques along it's axis like that anyway, I don't see how it could affect anything as long as the angle isn't too extreme. It's been running well and really plants the back end when you nail the gas. It holds traction suprisingly well, even when downshifting and getting on it.
--Bryson
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2004 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
Actually, the torque is exerted on the axle axis, as the engine and trans are a unit.

As far as traction goes, welcome to mid engine vehicle dynamics.

------------------
Turn the key and feel the engine shake the whole car with its lope; Plant the gas pedal and feel in your chest neither a shriek nor a wail but a bellowing roar; Lift and be pushed into the harness by compression braking that only comes from the biggest cylinders while listening to music of pops and gurgles. Know that you are driving and American V8. There are finer engines made, but none of them are this cool.

Luck, Fate and Destiny are words used by those who lack the courage to define their own future

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
FREE BUMP FOR BRYSON!!!

Plus, an awesome quad 4... 2.5L
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/055598.html
Mantapart sells it... 100% complete and built.

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post

fieroturbo

1085 posts
Member since Jan 2003
Wow.... 21,000+ views... there aren't even that many members on PFF!!!

This is an official...

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Haha thanks, I almost spit my water out when I saw that -- Keep us informed on your project; I'll send you a PM about a few cool things we're doing at school, but right now I have to go take a calculus test...
--Bryson
timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

Wow dude, this is beautiful. Did you ever get a ¼ time?

Keep up the great work!

PFF
System Bot
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2004 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Rod bolt snapped -- we're sending the pieces to ARP for them to determine if it was a part failure or not. I'll probably start another build thread, this time with better documented pictures, or maybe I'll post here. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know!
--Bryson
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2004 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post

bryson

737 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Key Of David

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2004 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Key Of DavidSend a Private Message to Key Of DavidDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that....that really SUCKS. Good luck on your next build.

------------------

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2004 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bryson:

Rod bolt snapped -- we're sending the pieces to ARP for them to determine if it was a part failure or not. I'll probably start another build thread, this time with better documented pictures, or maybe I'll post here. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know!
--Bryson

That really does suck...Did it damage anything else when it broke?

Edit: Okay, for some reason the pictures didn't load the first time, so let me rephrase my question...What else did it damage?
------------------

My Web page | The Turbo Super Duty Build.

[This message has been edited by FastIndyFiero (edited 10-28-2004).]

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2004 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I will pull the piston and top of the rod out of the block this weekend if I have time. -- I'll keep you guys posted. Also, should I start another build thread or just add to this one? I think this one is getting a little long, but it might be more useful to people if they can look back in the thread. Which do you guys think I should do? Thanks,
--Bryson
skidpro1

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2004 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skidpro1Send a Private Message to skidpro1Direct Link to This Post
Keep it going Please!!
gt88norm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2004 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt88normSend a Private Message to gt88normDirect Link to This Post
If you decide to start anew, @ least reference this thread so those that choose can find it easily from archive, That would allow more space on Cliffs faster hard drive for the current threads!

Norm

alienfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2004 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alienfieroSend a Private Message to alienfieroDirect Link to This Post
What a bummer, to say the least with all the work you put into it. How much boost were you running? Looks like you'll need stronger bolts on the next one.
Key Of David

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2004 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Key Of DavidSend a Private Message to Key Of DavidDirect Link to This Post
Either that or less boost? What is better than ARP?

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock