400hp? Quad4 Turbo Build by bryson
Started on: 08-17-2003 10:55 AM
Replies: 470
Last post by: bryson on 03-15-2005 11:34 PM
Last_Dodo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2004 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Last_DodoSend a Private Message to Last_DodoDirect Link to This Post
Lookin Good. I wish I hadn't have had to move before that thing was alive.

Can you do me a favor and have your dad PM me his cell number when he gets the chance. I'd like to BS with him and keep up with how you are doing.

Take care and enjoy the warm weather I left you.

Jon

------------------
Last_Dodo@hotmail.com

YES, my other car really is a Jet

IP: Logged
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2004 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Sorry no updates...I have had so much school recently I haven't been able to get much work done. I finished all the positives and grounds and part of the exhaust with the bung welded in and everything (I've GOT to get a picture of it!) I welded up the wastegate and I think I'm going to be able to get the clutch to work pretty easily. I still need to make the solid engine mounts and put the brakes on and make the last boost tube. I'm gonna work like crazy tomorrow becuse I have a break from school, so hopefully I can stay focused. I will try my hardest to get some pictures!
--Bryson
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2004 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I got some pictures today! I had to make a solid engine mount and I got the hub/spindle thing changed out on the driver side of the car. I could not believe how tough those two bolts that hold the shock on were to get out! I still need to do the passenger side, but I think it will go smoother. I found a set of plug wires that will work, but they are too long so I am going back tomorrow to get a shorter set. I think I'm going to fire it up tomorrow if I can get this TEC3 programmed. Here is a picture of my exhaust from the top and of the solid mount I had to make:

--Bryson
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Hey Bryson can you get some pics of the clearences of things? Like a shot level with the trunk, firewall side, waterpump to trunk, etc.......

And to show everyone here that Quad4s need turbos

------------------
'84 Fiero Sport Quad 4 coming soon
'87 Blue GT
http://www.lasvegasfieroclub.com/

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2004 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
IT RUNS! We started it today and broke in the engine...this thing is LOUD! I really hope it will quiet down some once it isn't inside a garage and once the engine is tuned up a little bit. I'm having a problem with the thermostat housing leaking and with the throttle body stop screw, so I'm taking a lot of things back apart tomorrow to try and fix them. It sounds super mean though; I can't wait to get it on the road!! By the way, if anyone had any side scoops (preferably used, I'm low on funds) they would be willing to sell me I need to run the ducts for the intercoolers. Hopefully I can update tomorrow!
--Bryson

[This message has been edited by bryson (edited 03-06-2004).]

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2004 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bryson, how'sit hangin'?

I could donate some funds in a few months. I have to order a pair myself for the Ecotec Turbo project, which BTW has officically started. Are those twin intercoolers working ok? I decided on just a single one off of a Saab 900 Turbo, and it should fit great, same spots as your deal.

Also, I had a similar thermostat housing issue on my J-body, which had the 2.0L OHC 4banger. I used a new gasket, with gasket maker on it. Not gasket sealer, but the stuff you use to make a makeshift gasket, seals even better with an actual gasket. You'll have a hell of a time getting it off, if you ever need too, but otherwise, it should turn out good.

One other thing, I noticed on the turbine exit of your turbo, you had a flange welded to that 3" beast of a pipe... where did you get the bare flange from? I need one for my T3/T4.

------------------
Airman Michael C Casaceli
Patrol Squadron Ten, United States Navy
1988 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L, soon to be 2.2L Ecotec Turbo (THE PROJECT HAS STARTED!!!)
1988 Oldsmobile Firenza 2.0L non-turbo (R.I.P.my beloved J-body. KIA by a Ford)
1994 Chevy S-10 4.3, it's finally here, and it is gorgeous!

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2004 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
The twin intercoolers seem to be workign fine in that there aren't any leaks or anything. I absolutley LOVE the TEC3! I can monitor every engine sensor and make fuel enrichments according to a TPS/MAP blend, battery voltage compensation, manifold air temperature, TPS/MAP acceleration, starting enrichments, warm-up enrichments, and then overboost fuel cut and deceleration fuel cut to prevent backfiring. In each of there there is a graph I can adjust or an increase in pulsewidth (by a percentage of the base map I set) for about four different lengths of time -- like 5 sec. after startup, 20 sec after startup.
I like the Saab intercooler alot! We were going to use one on my fried's Jetta that we turbocharged but he ended up going with a small front-mount that we painted black. The thermostat problem may be in the gasket, but I'm not sure. I've had it off and on several times last night, which is a pain because of where I mounted my coils. I think I am going to take the housing off completely and sand down the "flange" to make sure it's straight (sandpaper on a piece of glass), then I'm going to buy a new gasket and make a nicer bead with the blue gasket sealant.
As for the flange, It is the flange to make a throttle body elbow for a 1st generation DSM, like a Talon TSi or an Eclipse GSX. It has a 2 1/4" hole in it, which is almost the exact same size as my turbine outlet. A lot of people buy them with these 2 1/2" holes or 3" holes so that they can have a larger downpipe immediatley, but I opted to have someone make me a megaphone to keep the exhaust turbulence as long as possible. That exhaust is actually 3 1/2" because my friend gave me some mandrel bends for free. The bolt holes on the flange are a little wide, but if you use a drill bit and try to slot them a little you can get it on if you tighten all four bolts slowly and together. Good luck on your project!!
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2004 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?

Bump

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Well I got the idle problem fixed! I still need to do a bunch of tuning, but I am very pleased with the car right now! It is SO loud I am sure I'm going to have to run a muffler, even though I don't want to. I'll try to get a little video clip of the car running...I wish everyone could feel it!! It's so incredible the car vibrates (which may get old but I like it now) because of the solid engine mount and it sounds so wicked. If you can't tell, I'm pretty pumped! Tony-- you have to stop by sometime! I want to see your car and show you mine! Anyway, I don't know how much I can get done tomorrow, because I have school all day, but I will definitley update on Tuesday!
--Bryson
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2004 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
make it go VROOM and scare the ricers!!!

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk
www.XoticRydz.tk

stevegibbs

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2004 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevegibbsSend a Private Message to stevegibbsDirect Link to This Post
sweet can't wait to see more pics and even some vids. Nice work.
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
I can't wait to see the dyno #s
So you are just runnig open exhaust? no cat too? I bet that would be loud.....Mabey you should put in a cat/muffler bypass lever so at the lights you can scare the s#@! out of all the Ricers...

So now that you got it running....
What was the best part of the swap?
What was the worst?

------------------
'87 Blue GT

Comealongway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ComealongwaySend a Private Message to ComealongwayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

I can't wait to see the dyno #s
So you are just runnig open exhaust? no cat too? I bet that would be loud.....Mabey you should put in a cat/muffler bypass lever so at the lights you can scare the s#@! out of all the Ricers...

I agree i hear this help turbo applications a lot, this way you can also make the car as muffled as possible so it's legal and then at the flick of a switch you bypass it all and get all the benefits of your turbo application.
This guy is using that E-cutout his car is the **** in my opinion, he has bested alot of cars too, vipers, supras, and a diablo.
http://www.cheesefrog.com/frog/supravsbadbluebeast_01.mpeg
http://www.cheesefrog.com/frog/supravsbadbluebeast_02.mpeg

E cutout link
http://dmhperfproducts.homestead.com/borlaplate.html

------------------
Calgary - August 1, 2004 Fiero Fiesta
@ SouthCenter Mall

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Hey! I'm going to try to get a video tomorrow, is there anyone who can post it for me? I can email it to you or whatever you want, and it will be a short video so it won't be horrible for dial-up users. There wasn't really a hardest part to the swap. The wiring was much easier than I expected; it was just tedious work. I've probably dropped the gas tank and put it back about 5 times, so that was a pain, but the most difficult thing that I had to do was the header. If you were doing just the swap, there's not too much that is very difficult, only a few time consuming things (like the wiring). I have heard of that exhaust dump, but I will have problems fitting everything in such a tight space because the patr that goes down is flex pipe. I'll have to get some pictures of the entire exhaust system so you guys can get an idea of its length. I'll post with some progress tomorrow!
--Bryso
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bryson, I have room on my site, fieroturbo.com. E-mail it to fieroturbo@yahoo.com.

Also, for the exhaust, I've seen fiero exhaust systems that use resonator tips in place of a muffler, just like the Cosworth DOHC Iron Duke. Might be an option for your setup

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L, soon to be 2.2L Ecotec Turbo (THE PROJECT HAS STARTED!!!)

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2004 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
So does it run? Did you blow it up allready? Let us know.

Now more ?s
Did you have to use rodney's shift kit?

WE NEED MORE PICS, MORE PICS, MORE PICS, MORE PICS, MORE PICS, MORE PICS,

------------------
'87 Blue GT

topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2004 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I just came from the shop where he is doing the work... All I can say is . What a clean install... and no it is not blown up. I can hardly wait to see it on the road!

Great job Bryson!

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2004 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't gotten a video and Tony, sorry you couldn't hear it run! I did end up fixing the problem and starting the car. I drove it up and down the road, but my clutch isnt disengaging all the way and its misfiring pretty badly. I pulled all of the plugs except number one because it was too hot for me to pull the plug boot off. They all looked decent I guess: plugs four and two looked a little moist (like they always have) and number three was black (as it has been), but the area where it fires is clean, so I don't know what to do about that. The batteries in the laptop died right as we started running, so I couldn't tell how it was running, but hopefully either tomorrow morning or earlier next week I can get started tuning this thing to the point where I can at least drive it to and from school. By the way Tony, I'm pretty jealous of your car!! We've got to meet up again so I can get some pictures of yours and you can hear mine run. Good night everyone,
--Bryson
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2004 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bryson:

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't gotten a video and Tony, sorry you couldn't hear it run! I did end up fixing the problem and starting the car. I drove it up and down the road, but my clutch isnt disengaging all the way and its misfiring pretty badly. I pulled all of the plugs except number one because it was too hot for me to pull the plug boot off. They all looked decent I guess: plugs four and two looked a little moist (like they always have) and number three was black (as it has been), but the area where it fires is clean, so I don't know what to do about that. The batteries in the laptop died right as we started running, so I couldn't tell how it was running, but hopefully either tomorrow morning or earlier next week I can get started tuning this thing to the point where I can at least drive it to and from school. By the way Tony, I'm pretty jealous of your car!! We've got to meet up again so I can get some pictures of yours and you can hear mine run. Good night everyone,
--Bryson

Nothing to be jealous of. You have one sweet setup under your decklid, I only wish I had that type of talent and time to transform an engine into a horsepower monster. I am hoping to get my headers before the weekend, and tackle that this time next week. Maybe I will drop by the shop next weekend.

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2004 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bryson, don't forget, I have a bunch of room on my site. E-mail the vid whenever you want.

Also, I may be in Jacksonville, FL in about 2-3 months. If you're still having issues by then, I'd be happy to drive up to help you out. I'd also like to see the ride for myself. I may learn a thing or two for my Ecotec project (IT HAS BEGUN!)

------------------

ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post
Wow I just went through this whole thread and I'm impressed. I bad mouth the quad 4 quite a bit but it does have amazing power potential. I can't wait to see a video and some nice dyno numbers for this car. Keep up the good work and this is a free bump for ya.
PFF
System Bot
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I got the car driveable today! I moved it a few hundred feet the other day, but the clutch wasn't fully disengaging. To make the Quad slave work with the Fiero master I had to braze an AN fitting onto the Quad fitting. I messed up there because I had a -4 fitting brazed on, when it needs to be a -3. It wasn't a big deal, because I just used -4 hose instead of -3. I cut the hardline with a pipe cutter and put a tube nut on it that connected to a union (mine was -3 to -4, if you braze the -3 fitting on the slave fitting you can use one that is -3 on both sides). Then I ran a -4 teflon lined hose because the one without teflon was ballooning when I pressed the clutch. I made a few mistakes , but if you read this you should be able to do this pretty cheaply! I used a pressure bleeder to push the air out of the clutch line and I made sure the slave had no air in it before I put the two together. The transmission still scraped a little when I put it in gear, so I welded a section of a bolt into the middle of the clutch rod:

This extended rod enabled the clutch pedal to be pressed down more, but I had to adjust the pedal switch so that the rod could come out farther. You can see them both circled in the picture. I started it up and put in gear: no scrape! You could do this for only the cost of the hose (about 15 bucks), the tube nut (a little over a dollar), and a union (about 3 bucks). It works great now, but I haven't exactly driven the car for days so I can't be sure it will keep working. I got a video but the camera didn't record sound so that defeats the whole purpose I'll try to get one with sound to post. Tuning begins tomorrow or Thursday!
--Bryson
SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
Should get a dickman banjo.. Im not knocking your brazing, but I do not think it will hold up...

The top one was from the old M/C that worked.. I replaced it cuz I wasnt getting full travel with the one that broke in half.. that is a NEW banjo, straight from wagner.. The difference between teh 2 besides ones bent and the other is broken in half is that the newer one is a bonded 2 peice POS, and the other was a one peice cast mofo... Believe it or not, that banjo is under alot of stress.. more than I thought. Rodneys peice is way more robust, and mind you I havent driven my car in over 6 months; I believe it will last as long as the car itself

I cant believe what your doing to this car.. its insane, you better get it on a dyno quick

James Z

------------------

rejuvinated

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rejuvinatedClick Here to visit rejuvinated's HomePageSend a Private Message to rejuvinatedDirect Link to This Post
You're right, that rod is under a lot of stress.

"...so I welded a section of a bolt into the middle of the clutch rod"

"Welded" would hold up much better than brazing on the clutch rod. I believe the brazing refers to the fitting on the slave.

SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
woops, I misread it I thought it said brazed haha

t'was a late nite last nite

sorry bryson!

I still dont know how well it will hold up tho

James Z

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2004 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
That's not a problem I was worried about the amount of stress the rod would be under, so I chamfered the edges of anything I was welding so that the weld would get into the rod, even when I ground it down a little. I used the highest heat the welder could do, which worked fine for my engine mount. My only concern is because the rod is so small, I couldn't run an actual bead around it, but with the groove that I could fill, I could still keep the welder to it for a long time without building up too much weld. I think (hope) that it penetrated well enough; I guess only time will tell! If I have to, I will cough up the money and get the adjustable one from Rodney. I have purchased form him before and I know the quality of his stuff
--Bryson
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Hey anyone with a quad...How much room is there between the firewall and the intake manifold?

------------------
'87 Blue GT

rejuvinated

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rejuvinatedClick Here to visit rejuvinated's HomePageSend a Private Message to rejuvinatedDirect Link to This Post
Don't know exactly where you mean but, genereally speaking, there's plenty of room. In this installation, we have a Fram HP cartridge fuel filter as well as a fuel pressure regulator mounted on the firewall. There is also a boost tube that runs between the engine and firewall. Don't think that room there is too much of an issue.
sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Hey anyone with a quad...How much room is there between the firewall and the intake manifold?

I'd say there's about 3 inches of room. I could have left the C500 connector in it original location on my '84 but elected to move over by the Fuel pump and A/C relays to make it easier to get apart in the future.

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I drove it home! It's still running a little lean, but I think I will be able to get it tuned up a little at a time, just making it a little better each day. I'm so excited to be driving it again!! The blow off valve is loud, or so says my dad. It is facing the back of the car and shooting out of my scoop in the decklid, and even though it's not that loud to me he says he can hear it when he's behind me by a few car lengths and has his windows up
Earlier today I was doing some test runs and when I came back the right front wheel was crazy hot and it smelled like the whole brake/clutch smell you get. Anyway, the top slider on each of the front calipers was stuck, and we also had to work the piston back and forth to get it to function right. We thought we might have to replace the calipers, but we got them to work as they were and saved about 70$. We were at the shop until past midnight getting the thing runnning right, but it was well worth it (for me, maybe not for my dad ) Anyway, I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow but for now I'm going out to wash my baby off. 15 months of dust doesn't look too nice when you are showing people your car. It's pretty awesome because my friend with the RX7 finished his car up tonight as well, so we are meeting up tomorrow before school and going to school together. We go to a small school, so everyone knows how big of a deal this is to us. We haven't told but one of our friends, so I'm looking forwad to everyone's reaction. In case anyone can't tell, I'm about to explode so I've got to go outside and be welcomed by the site of it in my driveway for the first time in over a year. Good night!
--Bryson
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sanderson:

I'd say there's about 3 inches of room. I could have left the C500 connector in it original location on my '84 but elected to move over by the Fuel pump and A/C relays to make it easier to get apart in the future.

Thank you for the reply + 2 u

Originally posted by rejuvinated:

Don't know exactly where you mean but, genereally speaking, there's plenty of room. In this installation, we have a Fram HP cartridge fuel filter as well as a fuel pressure regulator mounted on the firewall. There is also a boost tube that runs between the engine and firewall. Don't think that room there is too much of an issue.

Space is ALWAYS an issue in a Fiero. The more space, the more stuff you can add and modify.

PFF
System Bot
SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
Best of luck bryson!

Definatly need cleaned up pictures!

James Z

topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Wow, congrats on getting it out of the shop. I know you were excited to drive it more than a few yards.

ImmortalFirefly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImmortalFireflyClick Here to visit ImmortalFirefly's HomePageSend a Private Message to ImmortalFireflyDirect Link to This Post
...........and the exciting conclusion to the story that I've been following up on forever is!!??......

Austin

------------------

Practice makes perfect, but since nobody's perfect, why practice?
If life gives you lemons, take them and throw them at people you hate.

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Its running well...tuning is one of those things that you do and there's really no exciting way to write about it It feels really good, but I'm only running 4psi right now. I took it past 5500 for the first time tonight; I went up to around 6k. I have a feeling that 7k is going to be pretty crazy, and I can't wait to turn the boost up. I haven't even started playing with the timing yet, only the fuel. I want to get on a dyno for the timing so I don't have to do constant runs up and down the street (it's loud and it draws attention). Haha on the subject of volume I have a pretty good story: I have been hearing car alarms go off more often lately but I haven't really thought anything of it. I was downtown Charleston today and two went off on my drive to the parking garage from where I was parked on the street. I was on the phone with my dad and I made the comment kind of jokingly that my car might be setting them off. Anyway, I went into the garage and on the bottom floor three alarms went off! I parked, turbo timed, and shut the car off and pretty soon it was quiet again. I had to back up because some guy in a van parked in the small car spot and couldn't get in, and when I started my car up to back out I went about 5 feet backward out of the spot and an alarm started going off! The car isn't TOO TOO loud, but it's deep and it's one of those sounds you can feel. I love it! My friends have named my car the "apocolypse," which is pretty fitting if you can imagine a car garage just vibrating and loud and three car alarms going off in my wake hahahahaha anyway, it was good for a few laughs and for my parents to make fun of me. I have a spiral core muffler coming in the mail, but I don't know how much it will help. I need to get a video, but I can at least get a picture tomorrow of the engine bay with the exhaust wrapped and the boost tubes smooth and painted and stuff. Good night everyone!
--Bryson
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
OMG, the last thing car related that I know of that set off car alarms (and flickered TV's in local bars) was my buddy's Oldsmobile with a 1500 Watt subwoofer system in it.

"The Apocalypse" is a fitting name, Bryson. Go with it.

Now drive by some bars and pubs and see if you can flicker the TV's

------------------

CaddyRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaddyRobClick Here to visit CaddyRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaddyRobDirect Link to This Post
Normaly a real loud car like that would bother me! But since you have the power to back it up, ITS ALL GOOD! Cant wait to hear what you can pull on a Dyno!

Keep it up!

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
I used to set off alarms all the time when I had 2 15"s. And even when my first toyota had a exhaust leak. Thats why you should get the exhaust bypass valve. So you can have driving mode and car alarm mode.
But as we ALL want, Track times and dyno runs, track times and dyno runs, track times and dyno runs!!!!

Is there anything you would have done different? Being hindsight is 20/20

------------------
'87 Blue GT

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I really want to get some dyno runs, even at 4psi, just to kind of practice tuning the ignition timing and maybe a little more of the injector pulsewidths, but I don't know if it's worth the money just to pull off a (probably) under 200hp run. On the street, the car feels pretty good, btu I think a dyno run isn't going to be worth it until I get some more fuel in the engine. I can't get the engine to idle at a decent air/fuel mixture with the 850cc injectors because in phase-sequential the injectors fire twice per every firing of the cylinder. They fire once per revolution, where full sequential will fire once every two revolutions. Basically, a 1.3ms pulse at idle is the same as a 2.6ms when in phase sequential mode. The injectors will max at the same amount of fuel because even though full sequential only fires once per two revolutions, it can stay open for the two revolutions. The phase sequential will just fire twice, once each revolution. Hindsight being 20/20, I would have gone full sequential right away. Now I have to buy a cam trigger wheel and make a new mount if I want to be able to have as much power as I'm looking for. I hope this muffler I'm getting tomorrow will quiet it down some, because I don't feel like rigging up one of those switch things and using up even more space for exhaust. Anyway, I NEED to get some more fuel because I can't wait to turn up the boost. If it feels like this at only 4psi, I can't imagine 24
--Bryson
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
anyway to post a sound clip? ive been waiting for a weeks for a sound clip

matthew

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock