Started on: 08-17-2003 10:55 AM
Replies: 470
Last post by: bryson on 03-15-2005 11:34 PM
Paul Prince

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bryson:

Anyway, I NEED to get some more fuel because I can't wait to turn up the boost. If it feels like this at only 4psi, I can't imagine 24
--Bryson

Are you using peak and hold injectors or high resistance. Sounds like the problem could be cured with some smaller injectors, for idle, and use the GPO for a 5th injector. I had 38 lb per hour injectors in my 3.2 turbo with a tech2 and phased sequential. Idle was a little rich, but not bad. You may also want to open the IAC up some more at idle. Another thought would be to keep the 850cc injectors and run maybe 30psi of fuel pressure at idle, then jack it up to 60 at 35 pounds of boost .......Paul

IP: Logged
Mighty Mouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mighty MouseSend a Private Message to Mighty MouseDirect Link to This Post

Hindsight being 20/20, I would have gone full sequential right away. Now I have to buy a cam trigger wheel and make a new mount if I want to be able to have as much power as I'm looking for. I hope this muffler I'm getting tomorrow will quiet it down some, because I don't feel like rigging up one of those switch things and using up even more space for exhaust. Anyway, I NEED to get some more fuel because I can't wait to turn up the boost. If it feels like this at only 4psi, I can't imagine 24
--Bryson

Full sequential will only help your idle, I doubt you'll see any hp gain from it. It just adds more complexity to the system and another sensor to worry about failing. You'll be better off with a set up like Paul mentioned. Stay phase seq. with smaller injectors and add a 5th injector up stream for the extra fuel needed at higher boost. That fuel will also help cool the intake charge as it evaporates.

Good Luck and keep us updated,
Troy

extremeintrepid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for extremeintrepidClick Here to visit extremeintrepid's HomePageSend a Private Message to extremeintrepidDirect Link to This Post
I am still waiting to see the video with or without sound

------------------
Something Witty.

aaron88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaron88Send a Private Message to aaron88Direct Link to This Post
A frined of mine is runnig an Lotus with about the same power that you are wanting to make. Both of you are running 4 injectors. He's using 85 lb injectors now and with a few mods thinks he may want to go to larger injecors. But they are hard to find. This might give you an idea of how large you need to go with only 4 cyliners. Next you can expect to spend a lot of time modifying the fuel tables.

Aaron

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2004 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
My other option was to put another set of injectors in the intake manifold, but after talking to a friend of mine who works in the fuel injector engineering department at Bosch I decided that for proper atomization and stuff to use four injectors. My injectors are already wired for full sequential (I'm running them in TBI mode right now), so I would only have to add the cam sensor and wheel. I know that full sequential wouldn't help my top end any, because the injectors can only physically be open for a certain amount of time per revolution (or per two revolutions, as in full sequential). My injectors are low-impedance (peak and hold) injectors, which can be run at a lower pulsewidth. I got the 850s down to 1.16ms before they started cutting out on me. Anyway, I think that full sequential is the way that would work best for me. I got my muffler in, and the car sounds so good! It has almost the exact same sound, only less volume. It turns plenty of heads, but I havent heard any car alarms recently I've been trying to find a camera that can take video and put it on a computer, but I haven't had any luck yet. I'll keep trying! If anyone has a throttle body from a 3.4 DOHC they would like to sell, I would be interested, as long as the IAC motor is guaranteed in good working order
--Bryson
Last_Dodo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2004 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Last_DodoSend a Private Message to Last_DodoDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bryson, Rejuvinated

Good to hear you got her home. It's always nice to sleep at home.

I wanted to express my thanks publicly for the help you and your dad supplied when the new 88 died on me. A person couldn't ask for better and nicer people, and if anyone is reading this, these guys deserve as many positive ratings as you can give for all they're doing.

Wish I could have seen her move when I was there, but I'll be back that way again.

Keep up the good work, and lemme know when you wanna sell my wheels back to me Those were the only things I really had a hard time giving up.

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2004 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
850cc injectors?!?!?!?! Jeez. Forget 400HP. We're talking 500HP+++ if you really are planning on 24psi of boost.

I've only got 320cc for my Ecotec. Methinks I'd be outrun

------------------
Airman Michael C Casaceli
Patrol Squadron Ten, United States Navy
1988 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L, soon to be 2.2L Ecotec Turbo (THE PROJECT HAS STARTED!!!)
1988 Oldsmobile Firenza 2.0L non-turbo (R.I.P.my beloved J-body. KIA by a Ford)
1994 Chevy S-10 4.3, it's finally here, and it is gorgeous!

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2004 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
John -- Thanks! I'm glad you could stop by!
I went to full sequential today! WOO HOOO! I'm putting the 850cc injectors in tomorrow, so hopefully I can get this thing runnign around 15psi. I'll try to get some pictures as well, but I keep fprgetting
--Bryson
ImmortalFirefly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2004 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImmortalFireflyClick Here to visit ImmortalFirefly's HomePageSend a Private Message to ImmortalFireflyDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, dude. Please please please keep us posted on what's up ok?

Austin

Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2004 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatDirect Link to This Post
24lbs ofboost? Goodness thats insane!! If the exhaust is to loud for you, do what I did. I have an LT1 with a cat and no muffler. Its real quiet. The trick is resonated tips. They look tits, and sound WONDERFUL. Heres a link to my site with a picture of the set-up. http://hometown.aol.com/ptfiero/index.html

Good luck man, nothings more bad-ass than beating a mustang Cobra Your pretty young arnt you? About the same age as me I think. I hope to see your car one day at a meet. White fastbacks are the best!!

------------------
1986 GT, LT1/4T60E
http://hometown.aol.com/ptfiero/index.html
On the forum
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/045554.html
more in depth look
http://dtcc.cz28.com/LT1build/index.htm

rejuvinated

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2004 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rejuvinatedClick Here to visit rejuvinated's HomePageSend a Private Message to rejuvinatedDirect Link to This Post
Just a brief update...

Bryson is out of town this weekend (leaving me the car!), but before he left he did get switched the fuel injection over to full sequential and was able to get the car to a nice idle. He wasn't able to really tune it though and told me not to take it over 4000 rpms. I'm sure I won't...I don't think I will...anyway, as he believes it will be way rich (better than lean). He'll be back Sunday and tune some more. With regard to the muffler. It did come in and helps the sound level nicely.

If you'd like, Bryson can expand on all of this more when he returns.

Bill

PFF
System Bot
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr. Pat:

They look tits, and sound WONDERFUL.

Come again?

SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
Translated: They look GREAT, and sound GREAT

James Z

Come again?

ImmortalFirefly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImmortalFireflyClick Here to visit ImmortalFirefly's HomePageSend a Private Message to ImmortalFireflyDirect Link to This Post
*loudly clears throat* Ack..hem!

Austin

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Well I put my friend's 14psi wastegate on my car... I am having a blast. I still need the side scoops to get some air over these intercoolers, but it feels REALLY crazy strong around 4k. These cams (or something about the engine) feel like an on/off switch. Maybe I have a leak somewhere, because the boost doesn't build as quickly as I expected, but it still feels pretty quick. Hopefully I can get on the dyno sometime soon to do a little tuning. I'm getting a little knock showing, but it doesn't feel like it's detonating, or even like it's got some spark knock. I think I may have put the sensor in too tight; I've heard sometimes that makes it too sensitive. Anyway, I've still got to do some tuning, so hopefully I can get some numbers soon, and possibly a video
--Bryson
WikedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WikedV6Send a Private Message to WikedV6Direct Link to This Post

. I think I may have put the sensor in too tight; I've heard sometimes that makes it too sensitive. Anyway, I've still got to do some tuning, so hopefully I can get some numbers soon, and possibly a video
--Bryson

You may also want to check and see if your turbo down pipe or any peice of exhaust/intake plumbing hitting any where on the cradle/ frame , this wiill also cause faulse knock.

HTH
Prasad

------------------
"Turbo Cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them, and if you throw a little alchohol in the mix they'll rock your world"
1986 GT (waiting for Buick GN setup trasplant)
1984SE 5 Speed W/SBC V8
1987 Buick GN(10.70@124MPH)
1987 Trans Am SBC 355cid Twin Turbo(no track times yet)
1992 GMC Typhoon(13.20@ 99mph)
Other cars; JaguarXJ6 & Mercedes AMG 500SEC

ImmortalFirefly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImmortalFireflyClick Here to visit ImmortalFirefly's HomePageSend a Private Message to ImmortalFireflyDirect Link to This Post
*whistles for reply*
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
wow... I am loving my car at 12psi. I played around with a Viper yesterday and didn't get destroyed. I was VERY VERY impressed with how my car held up. I don't know how much power I've got right now, but I can't imagine owning a car that just has 400+ hp on tap! I found a place that I could dyno for cheap, but their dyno will only spin up to 60mph, and the only other place I have connections at has some broken solenoid on the dyno right now. I could go to Power Zone, but it's about $125 for an hour. If anyone around Charleston, SC would like to come run, I'm sure we can get a few hours and split time and money pretty evenly -- it wouldn't have to be a Fiero, I'm sure my friend with the RX7 will be there if he gets his turbo back in time. Hopefully I can get a few things done next week (ie: a video!!!!). I've got an English final paper to write, so I'll try to update later, and I'll try to be better about posting.
--Bryson
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2004 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Well...I dented a few pipes and I'm not picking up any more knock from the sensor (thanks Prasad!). I'm still having problems datalogging, but hopefully it will work on the dyno. Other updates...I'm trying to get an idea if anyone would be interested in buying my intercoolers and connecting pipe setup. Those are the only things that would fit any Fiero. I wish I knew how much power this thing has...it's faster than a twin turbo AWD stealth and a S2000...I played around a bit with a Viper and didn't get destroyed, but I am hoping for over 250 at the wheels at the 12psi I'm running now. If I get less, I won't be dissapointed, I'll just tweak it a little. I'm still having problems with my IAC motor. I'm thinking about letting it extend fully then unplugging it and leaving it that way.
By the way -- I'm looking for a LO Quad4 exhaust manifold -- if anyone has one let me know, and maybe we can work a deal. Thanks!
--Bryson
boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2004 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2004 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I emailed and PMed two people. Hopefully I can make a SS header to show you guys.
--Bryson
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
PM me I would be wanting the intercoolers, I have ALL KINDS of quad 4 parts.

------------------
'84 Fiero Sport Quad 4 coming soon
'87 Blue GT 3.4L Swap in progress!!!!!!!!
http://www.lasvegasfieroclub.com/
Rate me if I'm usefull

WikedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WikedV6Send a Private Message to WikedV6Direct Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bryson:

Well...I dented a few pipes and I'm not picking up any more knock from the sensor (thanks Prasad!).

You are welcome buddy, I was glad to help.

Now fine tune that baby, I am so pumped with your results so far and I know you are not even in the ball park yet as far as fine tuning and boost settings. Are you on pump gas right now?, If so you know that you will have tons of fun on C-16 or alky & pump gas. You make me want to drop everything and get my little project going.

Keep us posted

Prasad

------------------
"Turbo Cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them, and if you throw a little alchohol in the mix they'll rock your world"
1986 GT (waiting for Buick GN setup trasplant)
1984SE 5 Speed W/SBC V8
1987 Buick GN(10.70@124MPH)
1987 Trans Am SBC 355cid Twin Turbo(no track times yet)
1992 GMC Typhoon(13.20@ 99mph)
Other cars; JaguarXJ6 & Mercedes AMG 500SEC

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's all i have to say...
wow
Maetrix66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Maetrix66Click Here to visit Maetrix66's HomePageSend a Private Message to Maetrix66Direct Link to This Post

I don't know what you heard about me......but you can't get a viper past me......
no s2000, no Ferrari.......brysons a mutha#^^*!ing PIMP!

That is a sweet ass ride, I was considering going with a quad 4, You shouldn't stop untill it crests 400 HP.
Then you should take it to the street and hand the import boys thier a$$e$!

Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatDirect Link to This Post
Thats bad-ass man. If your ever in teh ATL area look me up, I have a white GT with about 300hp. It wont pull up top like yours though. I cant even even begine to think how it pulles from 5 grand to whatever your redline is
boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
Redline? We dont need no stinkin redline!
EthanSem

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EthanSemSend a Private Message to EthanSemDirect Link to This Post
Got that right!!!!!!
Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterDirect Link to This Post
Holy cow! This thread has over 10000 views!!!

------------------
VOTE FOR THE FIERO!

Black '87 GT Auto - Daily Driver & Autocrosser
Eibach springs, Koni shocks, Kosei K1s, Kumho Ecsta V700s, poly bushings, rear swaybar, MSD ignition, shift-kit, custom intake scoop

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2004 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I'm posting this in the mall as well, but I think I'm going to sell my intercoolers! If anyone is interested, send me a PM. They are both from a Ford Turbo Coupe. They are bar and plate intercoolers, which provide the best efficiency. I can include the mid pipe as well, which is currently painted gunmetal. The endtank was flipped on one, but the same mounting points remain. Also, a larger pipe was welded onto the second intercooler to go to the throttle body. The welding is amazing -- it alone cost me over $100 to modify both intercoolers. Let me know if anyone is interested! I may be able to work a partial trade for a LO exhaust manifold for a Quad as well. Thanks!
--Bryson
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
it's late now but I will call you in the tommorrow
PFF
System Bot
Manic Mechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Manic MechanicSend a Private Message to Manic MechanicDirect Link to This Post
Why the lack of intercoolers? Are you going a different route or running without?
fishman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fishmanSend a Private Message to fishmanDirect Link to This Post
I think this is a low output exhaust let me know if you want it? here is a pick of it.

------------------
87 GT Quad 4

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I'm not getting rid of my intercoolers entirely, but I'm switching to a water to air unit because of space constraints. I'm going to put an oil cooler where the first intercooler used to be. Also, I think that manifold is from a Twin Cam, but I'm not sure. It doesn't look like the HO cast manifold, and the LO ones are tubular. Thanks!
--Bryson

By the way! -- DYNO DAY JUNE 5!!!

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2004 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I've still got some pretty crazy boost leaks (I can hear them in the car), but I got some video up to give you guys an idea of the volume of this car. My favorite is the one where I am coming at you and I nail it. You can hear me burp the throttle to drop it into 2nd then get on it. It seems to be getting a little slower every time I drive it, so I'm guessing that one of my leaks is getting worse and worse. Hopefully the vids will be posted soon; big thanks to fieroturbo if he has room on his site. Enjoy!
--Bryson
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2004 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Yep, plenty of room
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
The emails bounced back, but I think the last one might have made it for some reason. I sent them all to fieroturbo@fieroturbo.com . Is that correct? Thanks again!
--Bryson

[This message has been edited by bryson (edited 05-11-2004).]

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
I didn't get them. How large are the videos? If they're more than like 3MB or so, the e-mail server rejects them, so try zipping them.
Neal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2004 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageSend a Private Message to NealDirect Link to This Post
Bryson, have you made a boost leak tester (ala DSM guys)?
that and a spray bottle of soapy water will do WONDERS for tracking down boost leaks.

and maybe just maybe the car is getting slower cuz youre getting used to it (i know that happened with me and my DSM)

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2004 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I was going to test my boost tubes and all, but I just ordered a different intercooler to try to simplify my piping because I'm not that great of a welder. I am probably getting used to it, but it takes longer than it should to build boost.
I'll try com,pressing the files and sending them to you! Thanks for your help,
--Bryson
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock