Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Clutch release arm interchangeability (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Clutch release arm interchangeability by Steven Snyder
Started on: 04-19-2005 12:57 AM
Replies: 43
Last post by: ricreatr on 05-01-2005 02:32 PM
ricreatr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrDirect Link to This Post
i am using the fwd arm with fiero components everywhere else. i did get too much travel and more importantly the pedal was stiffer.
i ended up modifying my pedal by changing the pin that the banjo attatches to. i cant say it is a good idea though because of the extra load that is now in the hydralic system and transfered to the pedal. i also switched to a double ball bearing in the pivot. the ball bearings came from a hobby store. the system is working well for me though.
IP: Logged
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Unfortunately, the problem didn't get solved. Steven and Pokeyfiero spent an hour on it and concluded that the brand new slave is bad.

I tell you what, that Civic Si hauls pretty good. We couldn't really dog on the Honda on a Fiero run considering he was up with the fast group the whole time.

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ricreatr:

i am using the fwd arm with fiero components everywhere else. i did get too much travel and more importantly the pedal was stiffer.
i ended up modifying my pedal by changing the pin that the banjo attatches to. i cant say it is a good idea though because of the extra load that is now in the hydralic system and transfered to the pedal. i also switched to a double ball bearing in the pivot. the ball bearings came from a hobby store. the system is working well for me though.

Nice to know this setup is working out for someone else. When you say you got too much travel, do you mean the pressure plate fingers were getting pushed so far that they ran into the clutch disc, or it just travelled (safely) beyond the point of total disengagement?

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

Unfortunately, the problem didn't get solved. Steven and Pokeyfiero spent an hour on it and concluded that the brand new slave is bad.

I tell you what, that Civic Si hauls pretty good. We couldn't really dog on the Honda on a Fiero run considering he was up with the fast group the whole time.

Yep! I even could've pushed it even harder if my girlfriend would let me slide it around a bit. She got pretty nervous if the tires did anything but roll straight so I tried to avoid it.
It's was also nice to see pokey not blow up an engine! Though with all that oil it was losing we'll see if he makes it home..

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 05-01-2005).]

ricreatr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2005 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrDirect Link to This Post
it would disengage very early in the travel, and safely, it was just difficult to push. the pedal bent and had to have reinforcements welded to it. i know the master and slave are taking more abuse too. my 88 has all 84 components from the pedals to the slave. there is switches to cav trany. its a bit of a mess, but it has worked quite well for some time now.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock