Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  More than 200hp from a 4.9 with an Allante intake?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

More than 200hp from a 4.9 with an Allante intake? by v8fiero400
Started on: 02-16-2007 08:30 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: jscott1 on 02-17-2007 09:10 PM
v8fiero400

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v8fiero400Click Here to visit v8fiero400's HomePageSend a Private Message to v8fiero400Direct Link to This Post
I won an Allante intake setup on ebay....

Just wondering what kind of increase (or decrease ) I can expect from a stock 4.9 with an Allante intake

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by v8fiero400:

I won an Allante intake setup on ebay....

Just wondering what kind of increase (or decrease ) I can expect from a stock 4.9 with an Allante intake

The Allante intake looks cool but is is designed for a 4.5L engine. As to how well it will do feeding a 4.9L ; these is a guy by the name of Rick Stewart building all all out 4.9L on this forum and I believe that he is using the Allante Intake. Perhaps he can tell you.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds -Best
Engine Controls, ECM goodies, Chip
re-programming & odd electronics stuff

v8fiero400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v8fiero400Click Here to visit v8fiero400's HomePageSend a Private Message to v8fiero400Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

The Allante intake looks cool but is is designed for a 4.5L engine. As to how well it will do feeding a 4.9L ; these is a guy by the name of Rick Stewart building all all out 4.9L on this forum and I believe that he is using the Allante Intake. Perhaps he can tell you.

Well......... the Allante 4.5 is rated at 200hp..... which is the same as the 4.9 but it is smaller. The Allante 4.5 uses the same camshaft and heads as a 4.9...... but manages to put out the same horsepower as the larger 4.9

It is my belief that the Allante is able to put out 200hp because it has a better intake
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
My understanding is that the Allante intake was good for about 20HP on a 4.9. I may be mistaken and if I am I'm sure someone will correct me. But I have heard this from several people on this forum.
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Yea, supposidly, it's worth around 20 horses. James, [FieroMaster88] Dyno'd his, with no tune, running super rich throughout the pull and got 190 hp, and 282 tq.... to the wheels. With a tune, should be much better, as we both have the same mods, ported heads, delta cam, Allante intake, custom exhaust etc.

I was supposed to get my car tuned tonight...but someone never called me back to do it. Punk.

I can't tell you for sure what it does, as I've never seen a stock one dyno'd. But I have driven both mine, and a mostly stock 4.9 in a Fiero, and seemed like mine would blow the pants off a stock one.

Someday, after I get mine tuned, I'll run it on the dyno, and we'll see what happens. Mine is running extremly rich right now as well. But even so, it's crazy fun to drive.

Eric

------------------

Used is such a harsh term. . . I perfer "Previously obsessed over"
88 base coupe: "She thinks my tractor's sexy..... it really turns 'er on"
"I drive Sideways"

Said by Crazy Dave "You can take Steve out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of Steve."

(\__/)
(='.'=) <<<< Cute Bunny.
(")_(")
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

I was supposed to get my car tuned tonight...but someone never called me back to do it. Punk.

You got the cable for OBD1 to a laptop ????
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
I have yet to see before and after dyno runs to prove any gain with the manifold. Till I see that, it is all speculation on how much gain there really is. You can't really compare 2 different cars either (different driver, different weights, different milage, conditions of the motors, etc). And no, "it feel's way faster" is not a correct way to measure

The ECM would also have to be tuned correctly to take full advantage of any increased air flow.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:
The ECM would also have to be tuned correctly to take full advantage of any increased air flow.

I've also wondered how much ECM tuning is required to support the Allante intake, as compared to stock.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe................................................

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

I have yet to see before and after dyno runs to prove any gain with the manifold.

True that is the only scientific way to prove anything.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock