Fiero as a road coarse car?? by scooz14
Started on: 03-30-2007 12:00 AM
Replies: 44
Last post by: Pyrthian on 04-03-2007 08:15 AM
FierOmar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Whuffo:

Unfortunately, the times I've tried to set up events around a track day the attendance was almost zero. The usual track people attend, everyone else didn't seem to care.

Hope to see you at Westfest this year...

I would think it is best to run a track event with a group like Touring Car Racing Association (TCRA). They have a one day deal for $125 that includes track side tech inspection and registration on the day of the event. You will get four 20 minute sessions, sometimes more. See:
http://www.touringcarclub.c...nts/open_track.shtml

Unfortunately, TCRA has only one event scheduled at Buttonwillow... on June 23 and 24. The rest are at Willow Springs in Rosamond, California. See:
http://touringcarclub.com/e...vents_schedule.shtml

------------------
FierOmar

[This message has been edited by FierOmar (edited 04-02-2007).]

IP: Logged
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
alot of it is the fact that poeple got the dreams of track days, but cant actually get the $$$ together to make it happen. 1st, and most important - is you cant drive your car there (or shouldnt) - you need a trailer. next, it has to be in working order. most Fiero's are barely road worthy - let alone TRACK worthy. and, the another very important bit - most guys dont want to lose the illusion of their great handling sports car. for what little track time I have managed to get - it was quite a endevour to get things underway. of course, everytime, it gets easier.
antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

alot of it is the fact that poeple got the dreams of track days, but cant actually get the $$$ together to make it happen. 1st, and most important - is you cant drive your car there (or shouldnt) - you need a trailer. next, it has to be in working order. most Fiero's are barely road worthy - let alone TRACK worthy. and, the another very important bit - most guys dont want to lose the illusion of their great handling sports car. for what little track time I have managed to get - it was quite a endevour to get things underway. of course, everytime, it gets easier.

mmm but arnt delusions of granduer wonderful?
FierOmar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

Yes, sometimes things will break to the point that the car is not driveable, and sometimes cars get wrecked. But both are fairly rare. When there is a group, it shouldn't be too difficult to get a ride home, rent a trailer, and return. Most tracks recognize that many participants drive to the track, and will allow you to leave your car there for some period of time. I decided to invest in AAA's premier towing service. I think I can get one 200 mile tow, and three or four 100 mile tows if I need it.

It really isn't any different than taking your cr on a cruise. Some of these cruises wind through some farily interesting roads. Cars can break or be wrecked just as easy under such circumstances., leaving the driver stranded on the side of the road.

------------------
FierOmar

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierOmar:
It really isn't any different than taking your cr on a cruise. Some of these cruises wind through some farily interesting roads. Cars can break or be wrecked just as easy under such circumstances., leaving the driver stranded on the side of the road.

there is a big difference in how you drive when you know its OK if the car fails/wrecks.
well, maybe not for people who've been doing it awhile...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock