2.5 headers by iwantarotaryfiero
Started on: 01-28-2009 11:42 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 01-29-2009 06:31 PM
iwantarotaryfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iwantarotaryfieroSend a Private Message to iwantarotaryfieroDirect Link to This Post
ii found a full 2.5 header on ebay for 90 buck american. i have a 1986 pontiac fiero 2m4. do you think this header would properly work with this car? Performance wise? http://cgi.ebay.ca/FIERO-2-...C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
Nope, won't work with your car, sorry.
I bet you're going to ask "why?"
...and I'd be glad to tell you.

Exhibit A: A stock 84-86 Duke exhaust manifold gasket. *The 3 bolt hole side is "up"*

Exhibit B: Your auction piece.

See the difference?

There were some superduty heads set up to run that backwards header flange; but no duke sold on the street ran that flange. Either that, or you could point your exhaust straight up through the decklid.

Sorry
Kurt

[This message has been edited by KurtAKX (edited 01-29-2009).]

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post01-29-2009 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
Occassionally 2.5 headers come up on the mall but not often ,, you have to watch for them..or put in a request"" want to buy""some one may have one ,,some one must have a set of hooker headers they want to sell....The last one was on the mall for at least a week(surprised me ,but that was almost a year ago..
do not expect it to be in good shape !!
You could redrill and adapt this to your head .I do not see why this would not work ,,maybe there is something Im not seeing..maybe the outer holes are not equidistance ??
My 88 duke had a tube free flowing header type manifold I think this was a stock part,, this could be adapted the the earlier model if adept with welder and BMF

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 01-29-2009).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm... looks like they welded the center flange on upside down. I guess once they realized their mistake, they decided to sell on eBay rather than fix it.

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner
My SD4 Indy www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/096075.html

iwantarotaryfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iwantarotaryfieroSend a Private Message to iwantarotaryfieroDirect Link to This Post
ya but if you look at the gasket, the bolt pattern is the same
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iwantarotaryfiero:

ya but if you look at the gasket, the bolt pattern is the same

Yeah, you're right. In that case, those are NOT fiero headers, they are for a Jeep and supposed to go up through the hood.

DEC makes other Jeep headers for the same purpose. http://www.decheaders.com/s...ex&cPath=64_65_43_46

iwantarotaryfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iwantarotaryfieroSend a Private Message to iwantarotaryfieroDirect Link to This Post
all you have to do is redrill the holes in the center flange
pswayne

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneDirect Link to This Post
You'd have to drill the side ones, too. The side flanges are supposed to have the top holes toward the center, and the bottom holes toward the outside.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iwantarotaryfiero:

all you have to do is redrill the holes in the center flange

Exactly!! Line up a new gasket to the header flanges and mark the holes. Then simply punch a dimple in the center of each and drill them. Problem solved. Then fabricate a custom exhaust-done!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock