wipers stays on slow intermitent even though switch is off by deezil
Started on: 03-22-2010 09:12 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: outlawfiero17 on 03-24-2010 10:46 PM
deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post
My wipes are staying on slow intermittent even though the switch is on the off position?

Bad column switch you think?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 291
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
You can check the switch by unplugging the harness at the motor and checking for key-on voltage on pin 3 (gray wire). If voltage is on the pin when the wiper switch is off, the switch is bad.

If the switch is good the problem may be caused by a partially shorted diode (CR1) or other problem on the pulse board. Best way to test is by substituting a known good board.
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Guys!
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 291
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Good Luck with your fix!
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
Mine did that when I hosed out the front of the car to clean it. I got that little circuit board wet. After it dried, the wipers were normal again.
Formula Owner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula OwnerSend a Private Message to Formula OwnerDirect Link to This Post
I'll bet the problem is in your controller board. There are a couple of high current diodes on it which much work to allow current to operate the wiper motor, and they must stop reverse current, or else your wiper will intermittently make a swipe. When I found the offending diodes on my controller board, I replaced them, then found that they would do this intermittent swipe. I had to try some of the others in the package until I found a pair that would work properly. They come 4 to a pack, and you'll need 2. They are (or were) available at Radio Shack.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
The shaft inside the switch can also rotate too far and get stuck in a diferent position so when you think you have it turned all they way, it is on the outside but not internally. I had that problem for a while and I seem to remember having to force it one direction to get it back. I can't remember if I did that with the switch taken apart. I know I did have it apart while I was trying to figure out the problem. Too long ago so don't ask for details. Don't say I advised you to try it either. Just saying what I did.

Jonathan
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
also dont just assume that just cause the motor turns its good. i changed everything (switch and went threw 8 boards) all giving me the same result. turns out my motor had a dead spot and didnt know when or where to stop. so that is still a possibility.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock