'05 pontiac sunfire dash swap by stickpony
Started on: 01-16-2011 12:39 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: meet_my_grandma on 01-19-2011 11:36 PM
stickpony

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyDirect Link to This Post
anybody ever think of doing this?? its a nice simple looking dash, and the dimenisons look about right for a fiero. the layout is basically the same as the fiero dash, just updated with modern contours. i have been toying with the idea, and was wondering what those in the fiero community thought about it:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 291
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
BCM controlled?
kikinz24

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kikinz24Send a Private Message to kikinz24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

BCM controlled?

Yessir . All 02 up cav/sunfires are controlled by the bcm. They are a biatch to work with. I swapped a sunfire cluster into a cav theft light stayed one because of some differences between the bcms. As for fitting in a fiero dash I don't think it will fit well too wide for the dash area.
stickpony

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kikinz24:

Yessir . All 02 up cav/sunfires are controlled by the bcm. They are a biatch to work with. I swapped a sunfire cluster into a cav theft light stayed one because of some differences between the bcms. As for fitting in a fiero dash I don't think it will fit well too wide for the dash area.

its a sunfire, the dash isn't very wide me thinks. i willl have to take measurements.. as far as bcm control goes, i would most likely have to find a gauge cluster that fits and doesn't need the bcm... its a common enough shape...
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
I've already taken measurements in my girlfriend's 03 Sunfire and thought about it. I think it would fit, and look nice in a Fiero. I actually like the Sunfire cluster, too, but it is a common shape so standard gauges should be easy to find. NO idea on HVAC ducting though, just took exterior measurements out of curiosity.
meet_my_grandma

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for meet_my_grandmaSend a Private Message to meet_my_grandmaDirect Link to This Post
ive always wanted to do this! my first car was an 03 sunflower, and Ive always thought itd be cool in there. id do it but im not too confident in wiring stuff.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock