Started on: 10-21-2011 07:16 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Rik on 08-07-2012 06:33 PM
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have a Delco CD-Radio and remote Changer installed? Here's what I have.
http://i140.photobucket.com...spoonpic/RadioCD.jpg

I already installed the radio. The part number is "09380152". Came in a 2003 Grand Prix and the 9 pin clip on the back is fully compatible to operate a CD Changer. Most are not.

Here's the CD Changer / front & rear.
http://i140.photobucket.com...oonpic/CD_player.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com...oonpic/CD_back-1.jpg

10 disc changer / Model number is "16242985" and it was pulled from a 98 Grand Prix.

I picked up this 8 pin Din cable to fit the changer. I will have to cut one end off in order to adapt to the 9 pin radio connector.
http://i140.photobucket.com...poonpic/DinCable.jpg

I need the pin-outs on both the radio and the changer. I looked all over the web and information is hard to find. Every link that promises hope turns out to be outdated, broken or missing. I figured someone on here can get me close.

Thanks

Spoon

ps: I normally use PIP but its down.

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Spoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

This is what you need?

http://oem-auto-accessory.c...sc_cd_changer_1.html

Thanks,
I was on that site but never came across any cables. That cable is for a 12 disc changer which has 2 rows of pins on the back.
My 10 disc changer has a single din connector. I would still have to cut the Changer end off and interface it to the din plug so I would still need the pin-outs for the 10 disc changer.

I'm going to the bone yard tomorrow and look for cables. I may even open up my changer and see if I can figure out the pin assignments.

Thanks for the help.

Spoon
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Ah, right. I even looked over your post again to make sure which changer it was, and somehow still managed to overlook that you said 10 disc. Sorry. I was trying to find the part number for the cable, and came across that site.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
If you just want music capacity, and are not "in love" with the idea of using the changer, that head unit will also run an auxiliary adapter that will control an iPod.
Since I discovered iPod controllers, I very seldom even load a CD into the slot.

I may have the pinout for the 9 pin connector. I'll have to look around. It's buried someplace, It won't be quick.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-21-2011).]

Spoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

If you just want music capacity, and are not "in love" with the idea of using the changer, that head unit will also run an auxiliary adapter that will control an iPod.
Since I discovered iPod controllers, I very seldom even load a CD into the slot.

I may have the pinout for the 9 pin connector. I'll have to look around. It's buried someplace, It won't be quick.

That would be great !!!
I'm old school on some things and music is one so I'm leaning towards the CD Changer.
PM me when you find it just in case I'm not watching the post.

Spoon
Rik

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikDirect Link to This Post

I've picked up the same unit, and would love to hook an iPod into it. Where did you get your controller Raydar?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock