???off-road fiero??? by zeusrekning
Started on: 06-12-2000 10:42 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: SN1PERVII on 06-14-2000 01:38 AM
zeusrekning

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2000 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zeusrekningSend a Private Message to zeusrekningDirect Link to This Post
http://www.cybercars.com/mnfr/fierohq/jalapeno.html
what the he!! is this . It's some kind off strange dream
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2000 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

At Carlisle: Pisa interior wrap around dash

You either love it or hate it. It looks like a fun ride.

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2000 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
You know, I just said to someone today (Pointing to a Chevy Astro), "Whaddayathink, spin the pinion gear in the transfer case, then spin the whole system around and put it in the Fiero?" It's something that I gave thought to, but didn't develop much.

OTOH, we could just wait for the Aztek to go AWD with a transverse 3.4, and play with THAT transfer case....

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2000 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I kind of like it...but I'm into 4X4's too.
Homicidal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2000 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HomicidalSend a Private Message to HomicidalDirect Link to This Post
No, THIS is an offroad Fiero!

Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2000 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Homicidal,
That ain't no Fiero buddy. It's a fiero body fit on a Blazer chasis. Both of those monsters are pretty cool, IMHO.
ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2000 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
I hate to admit this, but I think the Jalapeno is pretty cool. It kind of reminds me of a Baja Bug, more in spirit than in looks. And with that flat belly pan, short front and rear overhangs, and engine over the drive wheels, it ought to be surprisingly good offroad.

I think an 84 with the 4.10 gearbox would be the best starting point for a Jalapeno. That low first gear ought to be great for climbing just about anything.

lennyb4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2000 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post
Im really not a truck fan (except the hummer...love em) BUT i like it alot. Pretty cool if you ask me.

[This message has been edited by lennyb4 (edited 06-13-2000).]

pollock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2000 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pollockSend a Private Message to pollockDirect Link to This Post
Hell, yes, i'd drive that sucker!! The yellow one just needs a headache rack with some KC highlighters
TheFiero64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2000 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheFiero64Click Here to visit TheFiero64's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheFiero64Direct Link to This Post
I like bob parker's 4x4 Fiero
SN1PERVII

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2000 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SN1PERVIISend a Private Message to SN1PERVIIDirect Link to This Post
that is more than cool!

MY ONLY CONCERN IS LAck of wheel travel over the rough stuff.

My Izuzu pickup aint to hot on crossing fields and stuff and I belive that it would (should?) have more travel than a fiero.

But I been wrong before to.

the way that i see it it would fit into the same nitch as a rav4 as far as offroad ability is concened.(only in the suspension department not power delivery)

any thoughts?

PFF
System Bot
BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2000 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, but anyone with even an iota of offroad experience should be able to see that this "Jalapeno" is functionally pointless.

PISA seems to be real good at making Fieros appear to be something that they are not. This certainly doesn't seem to be any exception.

The only use I could envision something like this thing offroad would be in a fairly open desert type environment, where the vehicles are driven at relatively high speeds for offroading. Even then, there are some glaring drawbacks...

1. The Fiero suspension itself is too fragile to withstand much offroad abuse. High speed bumps or small obstacles would trash it in short order.

2. That thing has virtually no wheel articulation. It either has to be extremely limited with bump stops or you can kiss the fenders goodbye.

3. How well do you think the coolant and A/C lines running underneath the car would fare against all sorts of debris getting kicked up against them, let alone them occassionally being scraped across an obstacle?

The lack of a driven front end makes it very impractical for most other forms of offroading. And despite what someone previously said about the 4.10 first gear, that is the lowest possible final gear ratio and is nowhere near low enough to be useful offroad.

In short, that thing looks kind of cool but that's all it does. All show and no go in my opinion. In short, if you really want to go offroad, leave the Feiro on the road and get something like this... it'll be less expensive, more durable, and probably more fun, too

[This message has been edited by BN Boomer (edited 06-13-2000).]

SN1PERVII

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2000 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SN1PERVIISend a Private Message to SN1PERVIIDirect Link to This Post
BN Boomer that was pretty much what i was thinking.

it is like this body kit i saw at www.kitcar.com for a VW It looked cool but you still had a stock vw chassis underneath with a stock engine. looks fast but it aint. (as far as I know). same diferace with the pepper here. looks ruged but from what I gather is made from entirly stock components exept the spindles.

still I belive it would make a better poser car that a civic with a buzz can.

Thats my story and Im sticking to it.

SN1PERVII

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2000 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SN1PERVIISend a Private Message to SN1PERVIIDirect Link to This Post

SN1PERVII

51 posts
Member since Sep 1999
http://www.kitcar.com/sterling/sterling-composite.jpg

a must see http://www.kitcar.com/sterling/sterling4-broadside.jpg

and I thought a fiero was hard to get in and out of.

oh by the way thats th vw kit i was talkin bout.

[This message has been edited by SN1PERVII (edited 06-14-2000).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock