Hood Scoops by fieroshop
Started on: 08-18-2000 11:33 AM
Replies: 62
Last post by: Seanh on 10-15-2000 08:14 PM
fieroshop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2000 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
I have started on the hood scoops but because of my moving the shop between now and the ens of the month I will most likely not complete them until I get setup at the new place. I need a show of hands of people interested and that most likely will uy the setup. The more people that will buy the setup wiill help in lowering the price. I will do what I can on keeping the price as low as possible.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2000 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
If they end up being pretty reasonable, I'd go for one.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2000 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
:::raising both hands:::

As soon as you let me know what the cost is, I'll let you know when I can afford it. I will be buying one. I'm on a budget, though.

nivlek68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2000 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nivlek68Send a Private Message to nivlek68Direct Link to This Post
same here,as monkeyman(cool)
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2000 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
So basically, we all want the hood but don't want to pay anything for it.... hmmmmm

How much money are we looking at? Ballpark figure.

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2000 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT Bastard:
So basically, we all want the hood but don't want to pay anything for it.... hmmmmm

Sounds good to me

------------------
My 1985 2M4 Sport Coupe

My Website's WS6 Fiero & H.M.P.

84 Indy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2000 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84 IndySend a Private Message to 84 IndyDirect Link to This Post
Count me in. I need to add some scoops and spoilers to my 84 SE.
cifc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2000 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cifcSend a Private Message to cifcDirect Link to This Post
I'd like one.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2000 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
2M6Bastard--Of course I don't want to pay for it, but since I'm not really into theft...

Price makes a huge difference to me. If the hood scoop is $50, I can afford it very soon. On the other hand, if it's $250, it'll be a while.

George--can I assume that you won't be producing hoods, but just the scoop itself, ready to be installed in the "donor" hood?

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2000 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
How about me??

------------------

www.tgowens.com/fiero

fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2000 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
What I am producing is the wedge for the hood. It will have the shape and depth and I will try to see if I can send the screens with them. The idea is to show you via a video how and where to cut your hood and insert the shaped wedge. Then show you how to fiberglass thew unit in place and then fill and prime the hood. What's left is paint after that.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Motorhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2000 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorheadSend a Private Message to MotorheadDirect Link to This Post
I'm in! The screens included would be great. As far as cutting, a template would make it easy. Hood cutting can be scary!
fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2000 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Direct Link to This Post
I'm in for one........

-jeff d

VISCERAL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2000 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VISCERALSend a Private Message to VISCERALDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for one, but do you have a really good picture that I can see?
fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2000 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
This is before I finished the hood and had it painted.

here is areal close up with the screen in place.

------------------

ezsurf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2000 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezsurfSend a Private Message to ezsurfDirect Link to This Post
Fieroshop,
Have you noticed any difference in handling with these scoops?
Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2000 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Im in for one.........(As long as the $$$ right

------------------
My 1985 2M4 Sport Coupe

Spyro86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2000 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spyro86SESend a Private Message to Spyro86SEDirect Link to This Post
count me in for one.as long as the price is right.
fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2000 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
What I have noticed is that when on the rare occasion that I went over 115 miles an hour my headlights no longer go up and also the engine runs cooler.

------------------

ThatRickGuy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2000 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatRickGuyClick Here to visit ThatRickGuy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ThatRickGuyDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested also if the price is cool. it may have to wait until october tho, just need to burn the rest of my cash on the engine right now.
Xtreme Fiero's

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2000 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme Fiero'sClick Here to visit Xtreme Fiero's's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme Fiero'sDirect Link to This Post
I'll buy one!! I agree with 84 INDY
PFF
System Bot
fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2000 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
Monkeyman, I will provide the inserts for the scoop and you can install yourself or I can sell the hood complete. Basically your choice.
HYPTNOTiSE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2000 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HYPTNOTiSEClick Here to visit HYPTNOTiSE's HomePageSend a Private Message to HYPTNOTiSEDirect Link to This Post
I'll buy a set if the price is right, and install myself.

Mike LeCompte

pherder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2000 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pherderSend a Private Message to pherderDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for one to self install ...

Need one for the V8 swap.

Paul

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2000 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Let me know the price of each once you decide.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2000 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
So the million dollar question, have you decided on a price yet George?

------------------
Jeff
'88 GT t-top 3.4
Baltimore, MD

fierodave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2000 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodaveClick Here to visit fierodave's HomePageDirect Link to This Post
George, How about a pic of the under side of the hood, how long would you estimate the install will take with average body shop skills?
would you offer a hood in primer ready for paint? I would be interested in a prepped hood with your scoops! let me know
Thanks Dave

------------------

RedOktober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2000 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RedOktoberClick Here to visit RedOktober's HomePageDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for a couple of sets. Really hate headlight doors flying open on me. I know one day it will just rip themselves out.
Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2000 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fieroshop,

Can you post a few pic's of the hood after you painted it??

Thanks
Carl

------------------
My 1985 2M4 Sport Coupe

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2000 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I'll get some pictures of the car painted with scoops and also of the finish under the hood. But if you look at my signature below you will see the hood painted
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2000 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Helps if you check the "Show Signature" block.
PFF
System Bot
tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2000 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
don't mind George, he is having an identity crisis!!! (actually, I (tgowens) have been posting using George's machine - I forgot to change the user ID and password back to fieroshop -- I will take some photos of the underside and topside of the scoops tonite and George (fieroshop) canb post them.
fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2000 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
there, I got it.....
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2000 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
tgowens--I think I missed something. Are you now a permanent resident of California? (If so, change your profile. ) Or are you just visiting with George (long lost cousin?) and he decided to give you a dream job? I'm sure you posted all of this, but I can't remember.
tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2000 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
Well MM, truth be known I feel like I live in I-40 and always in motion!! -- I am originally from Lexington, lived in Cincinnati for 15 years, and lived in CA for 7 years in the 80's. So.....I moved back to CA and was visiting my mom in Lexington (my profile follows me where ever I go) but am now back in CA and decided to join forces with George here at the Fiero Shop (more work than hired help, you know the story) -- and it looks like lately that 3.4 swaps are becoming more of the workload every day -- anyway, hope that answers your question of where I live.........

------------------

www.tgowens.com/fiero
Gold '87 GT
Blue '87 GT

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2000 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I'm definitely interested in these things. Please keep me posted. Hey, do you guys have a catalog or anything? I'm still new at this and trying to find all that is available. Thanks.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2000 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Terry--It makes more sense now (sort of ). I see that your profile has changed. Too bad I don't live out there. You guys could do my 3.4 next summer.
tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2000 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
thanks MM, or maybe you can get the engine and I can come by there and do the conversion for you and then go on over to KY to visit my kids!! Actualy, I will probably be back that way around the last part of July (as it looks now)
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2000 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Great. Except I have to do all of my work out in the driveway. Can you still do the swap? I still don't know who I'll have do the swap. I had thought about Ed Parks, but he's a little far. Someone mentioned Bob Steiger. He's much closer. Who knows? Too far off to think about that now. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to build a new dash/console in the snow.
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2000 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
Count me in. I'd prefer the preinstalled version, and I have a perfectly good hood for core charge. On the other hand, that depends on the price difference, too....

Wait, my wife won't see this post....

------------------
This should work until my site comes online....

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock