4x10 Speakers by Bruce
Started on: 01-28-2001 12:51 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: elfiero on 01-30-2001 09:43 AM
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceDirect Link to This Post
Tough question to answer, but which 4x10s sound better: the Kenwood or Pioneer?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
I had Pioneer's in mine. To me they sounded better than the Kenwoods. Right now I am using Polk Audio 4" component speakers. I think they sound better than the 4X10's but you need to have a subwoofer in the car to take care of the low frequencies.
Seanh

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanhSend a Private Message to SeanhDirect Link to This Post
Pioneer all the way. Kenwoods are also great speakers, my second choice. I would reccomend you use 4" components and put an 8" subwoofer in the stock location.
FieroJoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJoeSend a Private Message to FieroJoeDirect Link to This Post
I was very impressed with the sound of my pioneers, both the 4x10's and 4x6's.
KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
My friend Josh has pioneers in his, sound great at all volume (not sure if he has bass blcokers on his) But my Audiobahn's i think sound better, exept when it is real loud they distort a bit, i dont have bass blockers

Kyle

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
definately rockford fosgate
i got me a pair of rockford's from radio shack a while back and they sound awesome. have some good midbass and the highs are lovely too

anyway, from what i heard with the kenwood's and pioneer's, kenwood: better highs, pioneer: better midbass.

------------------
sqoach@yahoo.com

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2001 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
Alrighty, since speaker questions have come up again, i think i should ask some questions too.

First off, what size are the rears in the post 86's? I think that they're 4x6's, but thats' just a guess. Okay, so i'm guessing that the fronts are the ones getting the "bass" Cause from what i hear, both 4x6s and 4x10s are pretty much just for treble. How much cutting needs to be done to put in 6x9s in the front slot? I'm trying not to do anything to majorly modify my car, and i'm hoping that i will be able to just squeeze them in there.

Are there any brands that fit better than others? I have a pair of 6x9s that are lying around from my dad's car that he had in the 80s but havent' been used since then, and i'm wondering if they'll fit well.

------------------
Fuzz busters are for those who can't outrun the cops.

AIM: phool88fiero

Seanh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2001 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanhSend a Private Message to SeanhDirect Link to This Post
Well, bass goes to all the speakers in the stock system, depending on how you have it faded. Yes, they are 4x6's. As far as 6x9's go...I messed with a pair of Pioneer 4-way 6x9's in the begining. They sound awesome, huge improvemt. They are the way to go if you dont want a sub. If you are going to use a sub, get a good set or two of 4" components for the front stage. The pioneers I used require removal of the dash to install them, but no cutting. I pulled the dash (about 2 hrs, my first time) and installed the speakers using a custom made plate and reinstalled the dash. They sounded great, but I changed my system when I wanted to go competition with it. Also, the drivers side was a VERY tight fit, it sat on the metal bar under the dash. I have heard of some people useing some that can be mounted from the top. Be aware though, most if not all, will either require you to cut the speaker hole, OR remove the dash.
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2001 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I also have the Pioneer 2 way 4x10's and 4x6's, I think they sound great. Not the way to go if you want bass without a sub, tho. If I ever get some money I think I'm going to go to the 4" pairs up front.
Seanh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2001 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanhSend a Private Message to SeanhDirect Link to This Post
I meant if you still want some bass, wihtout a sub to use 6x9's. 4" Conponents have NO bass, mostly blocked by their crossovers. Components are for Mid-range/Mid-Bass. Definatly not the way to go unless you plan on useing a sub of some sorts.
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2001 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
errr yeah that's what I meant.. I think

I guess what I was trying to say is that when I upgrade to better speakers I'm gonna go to 4" rounds.. not that I really have an option, since there's not really a very good selection of 4x10's out there. and I'm planning on getting of my @ss and putting in the 10" sub that I have laying around sometime, when I get money for an amp, etc...

And a round speaker will sound alot better than an oval speaker, right? as far as acoustics go? or should I just stop trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about

PFF
System Bot
RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2001 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
Do a search of the forum. I am updating my speakers and have chosen the Kenwoods. From what I can tell the Pioneers are a little better on the low, but the Kenwoods are better on the highs. Since I have a subwoofer for the lows, I have chosen the kenwoods for the better high end. They are both good speakers!!
Seanh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2001 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanhSend a Private Message to SeanhDirect Link to This Post
Yes, round will sound alot better then oval. Of course, kicker kind of changed that with their square subwoofers, which sound exceptional IMO. I got to thinking too, one would look good in the center colsole glove box. I, on the other hand, like Pioneer over Kenwoods. Those Pioneer 4-ways I played with have a woofer, midrange, tweeter, and super tweeter. I'll tell ya, those things even sound better on highs then my Polk Audio 4" mids and tweets up front now. They were however a very tight fit. Theres always the option to go the way I went, put up to 6.5" mids in the kickpanels. The guy I got them from is VERY SLOW! He still doesnt even have the new website up showing them, that was suppose to be done in November! I took the liberty of removeing them from my car, and taking one apart to see how hard it would be to reproduce since he is not available to sell them. They would probally be around $80 for the pair of enclosures. The ones he sold me are covered in gray carpet. I didnt like the look, so I recovered it in gray vinyl, and I think it was a big improvment in looks.
elfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2001 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for elfieroClick Here to visit elfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to elfieroDirect Link to This Post
I just got 4x10&4x6 kickers and I am in
the process of fitting a 61/2" round sub in
the stock enclosure(also a kicker).I'll let
you know how it sounds!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock