MN MOA Meet a SUCCESS! by Wipe0ut
Started on: 07-13-2002 11:40 PM
Replies: 39
Last post by: Tcat55371 on 07-16-2002 08:20 AM
Wipe0ut

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2002 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
I had a blast there. I counted 19 cars there. Tina came at 8:30 and I took pics of her car. I am getting most of my pictures developed tomorrow, and if you went, chances are your car will be in there. Apologies to any car I missed.

Tcat, I loved your Super Bee. I have at least three pics of that. Rob and Chris I have a bunch of pictures of your cars too.

P.S., who had the car with the tach mounted upside-downish, so it looked like a "normal" tach? It was stuck at 2,000 RPM.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
It was a great night. Nice meeting you Wipeout. Look forward to seeing your pictures.
Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it was fun!

Which car was yours?

RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
I wish I was there but I got stuck working....... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I had requested it off like a month ago, and got it signed by a manager...........GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
The boring / stock 88 Red GT with the T-Shirts on seats.
Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
Ah yes, I remember yours. I am almost positive I have at least one pic of your car.

Sorry to hear that Rob.. maybe next time.

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
It was definatly fun! Best turnout we've had at an MOA meet

------------------

1988 Quad 4 Coupe 5 speed
More pics of the coupe
1986 GT 5 speed, 1984 SC Auto
AOL: LastMinuteBastrd AIM: SavedbyJebus

mrbungle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrbungleSend a Private Message to mrbungleDirect Link to This Post
I saw some your cars at the perkins parking lot, I was cruising up and down university with my friend in his 64 Studebaker. I was going to stop and say hi, but the cops were being dicks. "Get off the road you cant park here", then you go to a lot and parking security comes a long and says "you can be anywhere with your car except the parking lots, go and park on the street". I mean come on guys... do they have nothing else to do? Anyways I was planning on meeting you guys at the MOA, but the body shop didnt start my car untill friday. Im getting it back this week for sure, so maybe next time I will bring it by.
Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wipe0ut:
Tina came at 8:30

Well I would of been there a bit earlier,
BUT...had to wash the darn thing.
Can't show up with a dirty car, now can I

Great turnout too, but where did half of you guys go when we left the MOA parking lot?
We missed ya.

Tina
BTW I could of sworn I saw a red and a maroon Fiero sitting off University on my way back to Perkins from the gasstation.

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I had a great time. The only downside of the entire day was the food at Perkin's. Next time I'll go with the Arby's crowd.

For those that didn't make it to Porky's with Tina, her car was a BIG hit. When she popped the decklid the Fiero people had to move back to make room because everybody wanted to see it. It's nice to see a Fiero get that kind of attention from a non-Fiero crowd.

David.

86seyellow

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2002 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
What a great turn out and great weather!!!!!
Best turnout ever.

I think the High Lite of my nite was seeign Kevin under his car looking for the anitfreeze leaks!!! LOL

We will definaltely be scheduling another event at the mall in August...

good to see the familiar faces and cars, and great to see all the new people..

PFF
System Bot
Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86seyellow:
I think the High Lite of my nite was seeign Kevin under his car looking for the anitfreeze leaks!!! LOL

LOL that sure was funny.
Hopefully I will at least have my car driveable by late August..

Tina your car was beautiful. I have pics of yours too.

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
MOA was a blast, great seeing everyone.

Here's some of the pics I took.

A shot of the group.

Kevin looking for the anti-freeze leak.

Cars and people.

Tina's custom front end.

An early panorama before everyone got there.

Rob, I'll send you the full size panorama as your car is once again in the middle.

Had fun everyone, HoHo

------------------
Me & Mrs. Fierohoho

[This message has been edited by fierohoho (edited 07-14-2002).]

[This message has been edited by fierohoho (edited 07-14-2002).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
As you can tell by the above posts, we had a massive turn out. I had an awesome time, and have the pictures to prove it...

MinnGreenGT's car in his parking lot. Notice the JLExtractor hood vent from Rockcrawl?

AusFiero's Stage 2 side scoops. The door molding is not installed yet, but you get the idea.

The Mustang style Decklid vent is installed, and looks NICE!

Notice the beneath the spoiler view? AWESOME.

And here is the man himself, sadistically smiling at me as he holds his favorite instrument of cooking.

WipeOut, can't wait til you get your car going and can come cruise with us.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
19 cars. 19 Beautiful Fieros. 19 Wonderful rides all together. Like a family reunion.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

And I have a TON of pics of Tina's awesome ride. Went to her house today and had the opportunity for a private photo shoot at the local park. Keep it clean guys, it was her car that was topless, not her.

filthyscarecrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for filthyscarecrowSend a Private Message to filthyscarecrowDirect Link to This Post
we need to do that again sometime soon when i can actually stick around. my friend informed me monday that he was coming up this weekend and i would have stayed longer, but he kept asking when we were leaving. it would be really nice to be able to stick around next time.
i was also hoping someone had gotten a couple pics of my new wheels, as i don't have a camera of any sort right now...
Leper
No longer registered
Report this Post07-14-2002 11:56 PM   Send a Private Message to filthyscarecrowDirect Link to This Post

What's with the people at the top of this pic?

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Raise your hand if your Sure.

BO Check.

Man it feels good to stretch.

Wish I had brought my recliner.

Raise your hand if you want to eat at Perkins, Arby's or mysteriously dissappear before we even get there... (Some of em were unsure.)

fiero_nightmare

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_nightmareSend a Private Message to fiero_nightmareDirect Link to This Post
well, i guess i wont be painting my series I 3800 85 GT black and grey like i was planning,
since there is already one here in MN.
time to start thinking about paint colors again

i wish my fiero was done, but i have to sort through some wires still. and install the GT gauges.
mine will be a little differant than the one above, my ECM is mounted in the trunk for starters,
easier to change the PROM chip if i want. also easier to install a nice speaker in the center console

those are all nice cars btw. i wish mine looked like those. i like the black 85 GT the most

[This message has been edited by fiero_nightmare (edited 07-15-2002).]

Tcat55371

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tcat55371Send a Private Message to Tcat55371Direct Link to This Post
Hey Wipeout, nice meeting ya.. Was great seeing everyone. Sorry I didn't have mine there but at least I got the Bee down there. Worked on mine yesterday and I'm pretty close now. First time getting to see Tina's car in person, sorry if I drooled on it.
And by the way guys, pouring the anti-freeze under Kevins car was a mean prank BUT MAN IT WAS FUNNY!!!!!! Guess I know what to watch out for now.

Great weekend in all, lets do it again...

PFF
System Bot
86seyellow

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
Ugh,

Anyone get pics of that Ugly Yellow and black thing in the lot???

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Kev is holding a permanent grudge against me for that one, only because I poured it LOL...

Blame it on yellow86 and fierohoho for the idea and the "persuasion" if you can call being told repeatedly to do it persuausion

Anyways, it WAS funny, and kinda glad Kev did not have an aneurism there.
Now, if someone had done that to Tina's nice shiny car, all hell woulda broke loose!

Speaking of Tina, I have some photos of her car, one of em is HUGE, but it is set to high quality as well.... I won't post the large version, will shrink it down some.

I realize this thread may use a lot of bandwidth cause of the number of photos, but I do not have a separate server to post the photos on, if anyone does, please lemme know..

This one is also available in a 1024x768 version.

Notice the License Plate?

Yes, that IS a 383 Stroker you see.

See the anodized piece on the right? Guess what that is. *Hint* Now you see me, now you don't.

Absolutely awesome custom guage panels. The interior was almost COMPLETELY rewired to make them work.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Amazing job on the front end, and just a beautiful car.

One final shot. I have more, but am limiting what I post.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Yes Yellow.. This is the only photo I have of it so far, only because I ran outta disk space on my camera...

Notice the wing stands? Nice lift on it. Interior looks great as well.

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Well, it was good to see everyone again-
and to meet the new guys (or at least those
I haven't met in person). We had wonderful
weather, and an unbelievable turnout. Anyway,
here are some of my pics...

TCat's Superbee "rebody" (nice wheels, huh?)

Ron has apparantly gotten some crap for his
use of a heat register for his front vent.
We decided to jump on the teasing bandwagon
and guess that his next project will be a
decklid vent (supplied by Fleet Farm) to help
expel heat from his engine compartment

Now to the "normal" stuff:
This was Chris (Synthesis) taking out some of
his interior to work on

With Adam (Wipeout) checking out Sythesis's
interior as well.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

MinnGreenGT

11545 posts
Member since Jul 2001

This is Shawn's (Sean? Shaun? ...? not a PFF
member) Burgundy GT. He just recently had the
wheels refinished at Precision Wheel Service
(same place mine were done). Looks sweet! BTW
Has anyone talked to him since Saturday?
He was pulled over by a cop while we were leaving the Arby's parking lot- and I've got
too many "questionable" mods on my car,
otherwise I'd have pulled into the lot to see
what was up!

Jimmy's GT is very photogenic... and all the
ladies really liked it (for the color, the
guys all liked it for the V8 )

Now for those who know KEV, you'll enjoy the
little prank. Someone (I honestly don't know
who) splashed some coolant on the ground next
to Kevin's car... so we could watch him get
all worried about his car (which has been
known to be trouble for him in the past).

I love the "head scratching" in this pic!

I think this was everyone there (including
GT Geff's silver Grand Prix, TCat's
SuperBee, and Jaei Sun's Baretta

And finally, a shot of Tina and her Silver V8
coupe "preaching" to the crowd at Porkey's!

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Ron has apparantly gotten some crap for his use of a heat register for his front vent.
We decided to jump on the teasing bandwagon
and guess that his next project will be a
decklid vent (supplied by Fleet Farm) to help
expel heat from his engine compartment

OMG ROFLMMFAO
I knew you were thinking it, I wasn't sure if you would do it! LMAO

Tcat55371

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tcat55371Send a Private Message to Tcat55371Direct Link to This Post
Hmmm, the Fiero rims don't look to bad on my Bee. To bad they are not inter-changeable. You did a good job on the picture and I love the Attic vent on Yellow's.. I wonder if it would sound like a blower going down the road.... lol!
86seyellow

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
HAHHA,, You made it to small Rob, I think I want it to go over the roof so its spins and lets air in as I drive....LOL

Dont you dare give me an idea like that. You know I might have to do it just to show you it can be done.....LOL

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
The Photoshop stuff wasn't actually my idea... I was just able to make it happen.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

PFF
System Bot
Tcat55371

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tcat55371Send a Private Message to Tcat55371Direct Link to This Post
I don't know about you guys but I think Tina has to much money and time on her hands. Dam thats a nice car.... Well done Tina! Hope your tranny holds, I would like to see that thing go.. If mine doesn't hold up will Eric put one in for me? I'm tired of working on it...
Hey, maybe I should talk to him, he's looking for a Mopar for his motor correct? Well, have I got a deal for him...
MNFiero3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MNFiero3800Send a Private Message to MNFiero3800Direct Link to This Post
It was great see the people I knew again and meet a lot of new ones.

I had a blast guys, thanks!

Lyle

------------------

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tcat55371:

If mine doesn't hold up will Eric put one in for me? I'm tired of working on it...[/QUOTE]

(Scratching head too)
Man,..hate to bring your feelings down, BUT... you just ain't pretty enough

Hey, maybe I should talk to him, he's looking for a Mopar for his motor correct? Well, have I got a deal for him...

Hmmmm, you might just be on to something there afterall,how are your cooking and skills though.

Tina
BTW Loved those "modified" pics

[This message has been edited by Tina (edited 07-16-2002).]

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Leper:

What's with the people at the top of this pic?

And the top 3 reasons why I had my arms up were...

3. It was dam hot out.

2. Minnesota version of the "Birdie Dance"

and .............. (Drum roll please)....

1. Assuming the "position" for the Bloomington Police officer rolling up on us. (So much for professional courtesy Steve.)

86seyellow

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
Good one Jeff,

Ill let David Letterman know that you are now wirting top 10s for his show. I hope he pays you well.

Glad to see you again Jeff, Hoep to see you in Wabasha Saturday

Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post
It was nice to see everyones' cars.

Remember we are looking for people to bring their Fieros to the Wabasha Fair on Saturday. For those who don't already know MFF was invited to showcase the car show so we need to represent! Its free and should be a fun time. Right now we have about 9 of us going for sure but we would love to have double that at least!

GtGeff, sorry I wasn't at the meeting. I forgot that I had to work tonight. doh- Sending you a PM about the parts.

Jim
87 GT T-TOP V8
87 GT

litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2002 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Now for those who know KEV, you'll enjoy the
little prank. Someone (I honestly don't know
who) splashed some coolant on the ground next
to Kevin's car... so we could watch him get
all worried about his car (which has been
known to be trouble for him in the past).

Rob, you might ask Kevin about Joleene Duff, and the rubber bird crap at the Dells a few years ago...

86seyellow

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2002 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
Ill be in Wabasha for sure, Ha I live in wabasha. I just need to know the info of how I get in free and stuff.

Kev check your email ok

Anyone who wants to hang out before or after at my house is welcoeme to

Tcat55371

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2002 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tcat55371Send a Private Message to Tcat55371Direct Link to This Post
Geezzzz Tina, I have to cook toożżż Ya know, a guy has to draw a line somewhere, guess I will fix my car myself.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock