Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Ed Parks on Karl Jones the thief (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Ed Parks on Karl Jones the thief by Dennis LaGrua
Started on: 08-08-2002 09:12 PM
Replies: 47
Last post by: stimpy on 10-05-2002 11:49 AM
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 504
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2002 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
bump
IP: Logged
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:
Rather then chase around cyberworld like the newspaper boy from the eighties classic movie "Better Off Dead" shouting "I want my three dollars!...."

I finally got around to reading this Stimpman.....

And take it from an 'eighties classic' junkie... it was actually two dollars!
Now what dedicated paperboy wouldnt chase a dead-beat non-paying customer (John Cusack) relentlessly for months for just $2.00? It is the principal of the thing. The movie is a fine tribute to paperboys everywhere.

Come to think of it, I shall change my occupation now.

------------------
REMEMBER: stoplights synch'd for 35mph are also synch'd for 70mph.
(and for 140mph, now that I think about it.)

godalex

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2002 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
I am jumping into this situation for three good reasons: 1. Ed parks is my friend, and when you go against a friend you go against me. Actually it would be nice to see all of us stick up for Ed. How many of you on this forum have been helped by Ed?
2. By bringing this to the attention of all hopefully no one else will be gyped by the same uncivilized lowlife scum that took Ed's money.
For those that say let ED and Karl work it out; I can assure you that Karl has no intention at all of making good on the money that he stole.
3. Dishonesty of any sought makes me angry, very angry!! Stealing is wrong and I'll do my part to see that the thieves are removed from the Fiero hobby.

Dennis, I absolutely agree... Ed really deserves our support. He has always been an enormous help to me as I am sure he has with everyone. I always send as much business his way as possible.

------------------

85 F-40 Replica (unfinished)
88 GT 5-speed
02 Millennium Yellow C5

jerryc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2002 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jerrycSend a Private Message to jerrycDirect Link to This Post
godalex, I agree. Ed Parks has helped me with my '86 SE more times than I can count. I have even called him on Sunday. He is truly a Fiero owners best friend!

Originally posted by godalex:
Dennis, I absolutely agree... Ed really deserves our support. He has always been an enormous help to me as I am sure he has with everyone. I always send as much business his way as possible.

fieroluv

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2002 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post
Just a legal thought.

If he advertised the part on the internet, and you either did not receive the part, or it was not received as advertised that constitutes wire fraud.

If you sent a money order or check or any sort of payment through the mail, now you have him on mail fraud.

thats two felonies. 10 year statute of limitations.

go to the FBI. or FTC. it will get resolved real fast.

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2002 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
It just seems to me that if there were any legal avenues that Ed wanted to pursue, they already would have done so. Which leads me to believe one of two things are true.

1. No fraud occured.

or

2. Ed has chalked it up to the cost of doing business and decided to cut his losses.

But, of course, this nastiness courtesy of Senor LaGrua shall never rest,never die.
Viva la dirty laundry!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2002 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:
It just seems to me that if there were any legal avenues that Ed wanted to pursue, they already would have done so. Which leads me to believe one of two things are true.

1. No fraud occured.

I've known Ed for several years. I believe it did occur.

or

2. Ed has chalked it up to the cost of doing business and decided to cut his losses.

Realistically, this is pretty much the case.
Ed has pretty much stated that he doesn't believe he'll ever see his money. He just wanted to make sure that no one else got burned.

But, of course, this nastiness courtesy of Senor LaGrua shall never rest,never die.
Viva la dirty laundry!

No. It won't. Not as long as Ed's friends are around to provide a "gentle reminder",
in the form of a

<BUMP!>

Sorry if that offends you.

------------------
Raydar

I'm not the fig plucker.
I'm the fig plucker's son.
But I'll pluck figs
'Til the fig plucker comes.

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2002 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
No, it doesn't offend me, I guess. I was more along the lines of it being # 2 myself. If Ed can acknowledge and move on, good for him. Keep bumping if you like, but the threats of criminal prosecution are obviously empty poses.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock