Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  1990 Fiero GTP Prototype body kit (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
1990 Fiero GTP Prototype body kit by FieroMonkey
Started on: 11-07-2002 07:46 PM
Replies: 41
Last post by: FieroMonkey on 11-10-2002 10:52 PM
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
It occured to me that out of the many many bolt on and stretch body Kits for the Fiero, not one person i have ever heard of has tried to duplicate the 1990 GTP Prototype...

How tough could it be really, the chassis changed practicly not at all, it would be a bolt off bolt on job pretty much.

I have about 100 images of 3 of the 1990 GTP's interier/exterier, as well as a 1 hour Video from the Pontiac R&D dept from 1987 where they explain/describe in every detail, each body panel as they put it on the 1990 rolling chassis right in front of the camera!

It seems to me that armed with this stuff someone like Archie or IFG could pull it off.

I cant speak for everyone, but i would LOVE to make a 90 GTP out of a fiero. I love the way that thing looks! i even have a few images of it that have been altered to show what a choptop would look like, as well as several colors!*drools* It would be the ONLY body kit for the fiero that wouldnt take away its soul in my opinion (uh oh, im getting all metaphysical, my bad) =P

There HAS to be more of you out there that would love to do the same.

If you are reading this Archie, what do you think? how doable is it? i think there is a market for such a kit =D

------------------
Monkey
"No matter where I go...There's my car"
87 T-Top GT 2.8/5-speed

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The general consensus is that it costs a lot of money and time to create a body kit and there aren't enought people out there willing to buy a kit that many think would make the Fiero look like an early 90's Firebird/Camaro.

FIERORICE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERORICESend a Private Message to FIERORICEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

The general consensus is that it costs a lot of money and time to create a body kit and there aren't enought people out there willing to buy a kit that many think would make the Fiero look like an early 90's Firebird/Camaro.

I second, third and fourth that.

Were I in 'the market' for such a kit, I'd opt for something that would bring the car up to date.... Piranha.... cough.

I'd rather see a variation of the Piranha kit or something similar, maybe an Esprit Front clip... not a GM show car.

Plus aren't there copywrite laws on designs?

Ricky

------------------
Yeah, I have a cowl induction hood - with NON FUNCTIONAL GAUGES!! HELL YEAH - FieroRice

Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
Would you e-mail me images and video? Or post them here.. I would love to see.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Yeah yeah, pics and video PLEASE!!!

I for one would like to see a kit made. I'm sure it would sell as well as the Fino or similar kit.

FIERORICE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERORICESend a Private Message to FIERORICEDirect Link to This Post
This thread will grow....

Ricky

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Sure guys, PM me if you are interested in either pics or video or both. I still have to get the video off the VHS, shouldnt take too long tho.

Maybe im just a Fiero purist, but reguardless of a couple similarities to 90's camaro/firebird, its still a piece of Fieros bright but short history. With all the prototypes destroyed, i think it would be really cool to have some out on the road! i like its look personally, the interier changes were good. And it would would DEFINATELY turn heads because of its rarity.

In reguards to copyrights; all of the ferrari, Lamborgini, lotus, chevy, ford etc. kits that are being sold every day would not exsist if that were an issue i think.

Just my 2cents...oops wait, im kinda low on cash, can i get that back?

FIERORICE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERORICESend a Private Message to FIERORICEDirect Link to This Post
Lotus? Meaning what, Esprit? V8?

Or just a Super 7?

They have ways of working around it, but anyway, if you are going to invest in body work, make it easier and go for the 89'...

Ricky

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

Maybe im just a Fiero purist, but reguardless of a couple similarities to 90's camaro/firebird, its still a piece of Fieros bright but short history. With all the prototypes destroyed, i think it would be really cool to have some out on the road! i like its look personally, the interier changes were good. And it would would DEFINATELY turn heads because of its rarity.

You might be right from a purist standpoint, but Archie has expressed an opinion similar to what I said earlier so I don't think he would be interested in making the 1990 Fiero kit.

This has come up many times before. Do an archive search if you want to see what the "elders" of the forum think.

Of course there is a lot of new blood in the forum maybe there is renewed interest in the 1990 Fiero Body kit. But in my experience a lot of people will say they are interested, but how many have the time and money to actually purchase the kit and install it? I couldn't tell you.

fieroman_5000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman_5000Send a Private Message to fieroman_5000Direct Link to This Post

With all the prototypes destroyed

Just so you know...not all of them were destroyed.

Fieroman

------------------
~ Shane
AIM: fieroman500

Love it, admire it....tear it apart!

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
im sorry guys. My firing up this topic looks to be a badge for my new arrival to PFF. Oh well, perhaps that Prototype is meant to be appreciated in legend only
PFF
System Bot
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

FieroMonkey

3294 posts
Member since Nov 2002
Fieroman_5000,
You almost gave me an instagasm, are you sure about this? Where does it reside? i know for a fact that Pontiac does not posses any of them...
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

With all the prototypes destroyed, i think it would be really cool to have some out on the road! i like its look personally, the interier changes were good. And it would would DEFINATELY turn heads because of its rarity.

In reguards to copyrights; all of the ferrari, Lamborgini, lotus, chevy, ford etc. kits that are being sold every day would not exsist if that were an issue i think.

QUOTE]

Prototypes distroyed ??? "I don't think so",Go find the thread "Found this at a Street Rod Show (Fiero GTA)" by Kameo Kid
this car is alive and were working on getting it to the 20th show..

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Kameo Kid!
I would love to get involved in this (seriously).
If not, is there more info you can give me on the where/when for the 20th? Or some way i can lend support for the showing of this car? I would buy a plane ticked to anywhere in the world to se this car in the flesh!
Thanks,
Monkey
Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
I just want to see that video to see what technique they used to get rid of those annoying mouldings.

-Phantom

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
The really cool thing that i like about the prototype is that, in the video you can see how they have made the trunk larger, and that there is a separate deck lid for the trunk, and one for the engine compartment. The one for the engine compartment has gas shocks for operation and the whole fastback portion of the car lifts up with the engine decklid.

The air intake is badass as well, no more quarter panel intake, they show how the air comes in right behine the driver and passenger door windows underneath the fastback black part into a dual intace tube system...
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Kameo Kid!
I would love to get involved in this (seriously).
If not, is there more info you can give me on the where/when for the 20th? Or some way i can lend support for the showing of this car? I would buy a plane ticked to anywhere in the world to se this car in the flesh!
Thanks,
Monkey

just start flipping back threw the threads and there's one or two with the info... or you may PM Cheever3000

------------------

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Kameo Kid, i owe you
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2002 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phantom-Fiero:

I just want to see that video to see what technique they used to get rid of those annoying mouldings.

-Phantom

I know.. I hate the molding's too.. hehe
They just eliminated them when they re-tooled for the body panel's. It look's great!!

Smooth!!

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com
Have you RATED me today??

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Gee I would have told ya about that thread if I thought you hadn't already seen it Great pics in there!
PFF
System Bot
F86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F86GTSend a Private Message to F86GTDirect Link to This Post
i'd definately love to see it. i'd get one for sure. i don't care how much it costs or how long it takes to put on. if anyone is ever serious about making it, count me in. i love that car.....

------------------
86 GT in all of its 36,000 original mile glory

KlaX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KlaXClick Here to visit KlaX's HomePageSend a Private Message to KlaXDirect Link to This Post
as i posted in the other topic.

If they ever re-introduced the FIero they would have to change the name to something else because the name has, and will associate and haunt the car with fire forever.

They would just need a new name and a good marketing scheme to get it to work.

Every car company has its small sports car, its MR2 spyder, eclipse, s2000, tiburon, now rx-8, mazda miata, and pontiac has the sunfire, the sunfire is such a girly ugly piece of crap it has no chance in its class.

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
F86GT, i totally agree with you.
The most expensive kit i have seen was around $5,000, and those were all stretch jobs, or kits where MAJOR chassis mods were needed. I cant imagine that making a 90 GTP bolt on kit could cost that much. It seems to me you could start going to work with some fiber glass on the original gt body maybe an assload of bondo, and start sculpting molds. I did similar stuff at MonsterMotorsports, time consuming, but not impossible.

Besides, if it did happen to cost $5,000 i would still buy it (seriously)

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
AusFiero started this a year ago. He used Photoshop and came up with the pieces that would be needed to convert one of our Fieros into a 90-clone.

Hope you don't mind me showing these off again, Jim. Did you give up on this idea? The interest is here again...

------------------

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero GTP looked nothing at all like a Fiero. And it had only one seat in the center. Not even the windshield was the same. Looked more like a racing Porshe 917. I seen one, and i wouldnt have any interest in making a kit of one for the street.
F86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F86GTSend a Private Message to F86GTDirect Link to This Post
it looks like those pieces wouldn't be that hard to make. we should all get something together, have a few made, and have them ready for the 20th show. that would be so sweet. i'dbe in for sure if anybody else is seriously interested. we just might have something started here.

------------------
86 GT in all of its 36,000 original mile glory

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

The Fiero GTP looked nothing at all like a Fiero. And it had only one seat in the center. Not even the windshield was the same. Looked more like a racing Porshe 917. I seen one, and i wouldnt have any interest in making a kit of one for the street.

I think when people say GTP Fiero, they really mean the 90 prototpye and not the Fiero race car. But I could be wrong.

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Opps, my bad, i thought it was called the GTP protoype, but i could be mistaken. Yes we were refering to the 90 fiero
perkidelic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for perkidelicClick Here to visit perkidelic's HomePageSend a Private Message to perkidelicDirect Link to This Post
Well, here's my take on this issue. I have many years of experience with custom vehicles, including custom fiberglass work. I am currently working with Kameo Kid on a line of fiberglass parts and accessories for Fieros. I personally do not really like the 90 prototype BUT if there was really enough interest (financially capable customers) I could produce a kit.

Some of the problems with it have been stated here. Fieros are usually purchased by individuals who want a CHEAP sports car. The modifications they do are usually cheaper mods. What I have noticed is that the guys who can spend thousands at a time usually spend it for more performance as opposed to aesthetic mods.

It would take enough real orders, probably in the form of a deposit, to do it. If you guys are that serious, get enough people who would commit to it and I'll donate the research to find out what it would cost. GM does own the patents (not copyrights), therefore the rights, to the design - but there are ways around that.

perk

------------------

phitown.com

* 85 2M4 - red, custom int, lowered 3", 16" wheels
    * 84 Fiero concept/race car - in the works! (383sbc/NOS)
    * 84 Fiero parts car
    * 79 Camaro - 88 Chevy custom truck - 91 & 89 Accords
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
perkidelic,
I for one would put down a deposit for such a kit. If enough ppl agree with me, perhaps you should make a thread for those willing to put down a deposit for one of these kits. Just name your price for the deposit, im sure you will be surprised at how many ppl can, and are willing to pay for such a kit. Sure, most of us like fieros because they are really inexpensive to buy. However, i think if you look at the majority of the PFF registered members cars, Many have put many many thousands of $,$$$ into;
Paint,
Wheels,
interier,
V6/V8 upgrades,
Turbos,
SC'ers,
suspension,
body kits,
ect.

Inexpensive cars yes, but alot of ppl are willing to put a LOT of money into them. Thats probably why so many of us are drawn to the Fiero, its a great car to start off with, but the fun uf upgrading constantly is what keeps us interested.

I have dumped big time bucks into exotic cars such as; viper rt/10, ferarri 308, AC Cobra 427 replica, and a few lesser exotics. And i have to tell ya, once the novalty wore off, i lost interest. Because there arent much that can be done to cars like those that dont involve less than 10grand an upgrade..../shiver

Anyways, my point is, i will pay for a replica body kit of the 90 Fiero, ill bet alot of others would too.

And I would not just buy a kit and dissapear off into the sunset. I would take my car to shows, maybe start a club (who knows). Web pages would likely pop up all over for them. Desire for the kit will only grow i truely believe. Someone just hasnt committed to designing a kit for it yet.

If there is anything else i can do to help make this kit happen, please give me suggestions guys. Ill spearhead this thing if i have to! i want to see it made

PFF
System Bot
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
i think most people would give the vote im about to give

Id definatley want a kit when i can afford it!

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: GTFiero
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs

remember, Drive it like you stole it...nice and slow so you dont get your @$$ caught by the cops

Little Duce Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Little Duce CoupeSend a Private Message to Little Duce CoupeDirect Link to This Post
Personally......I think they were going in the wrong direction.

It was getting bigger and I wouldn't have been suprised if it popped up with a back seat by 92 or 93.

It just looks too much like a Firebird..which I have never wanted.

They always take a good car and start growing it untill the original idea is just lost.

Maybe they are chasing the growth curve of the buyers...I don't know but think about it.

Mustangs
T-birds
Vettes
240z's
There are prob others.

------------------
Little Duce Coupe
"You Don't Know What She Costs"

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

It was getting bigger and I wouldn't have been suprised if it popped up with a back seat by 92 or 93.

Duce,
Not sure if you are aware that the few inches that the 90 has over the earlier modles is only in the front and rear clip.
Other than the fact that a lot of the chassis is made of aluminum, there were no engineering changes to it that made the car longer. As far as making it look alot different from the "original", i would NOT be surprised one bit to learn that they were trying to make the public think that it HAD been re-engineered far from the so called "fire-ball" earlier modles. But dont let the extra inches on that car fool you man! 3.4 ltr v6, aluminum frame, beefed up brakes and suspension?!?! The engineers were going EXACTLY in the right direction with this car.

------------------
Monkey

87 T-Top GT 2.8/5-spd
87 Hardtop GT 2.8/5-spd
97 Trans-AM WS6 6-spd
91 V8 Monster Miata
69 Mustang Coupe 302 4spd

perkidelic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for perkidelicClick Here to visit perkidelic's HomePageSend a Private Message to perkidelicDirect Link to This Post

perkidelic,
I for one would put down a deposit for such a kit. If enough ppl agree with me, perhaps you should make a thread for those willing to put down a deposit for one of these kits. Just name your price for the deposit, im sure you will be surprised at how many ppl can, and are willing to pay for such a kit...Anyways, my point is, i will pay for a replica body kit of the 90 Fiero, ill bet alot of others would too.

And I would not just buy a kit and dissapear off into the sunset. I would take my car to shows, maybe start a club (who knows)...If there is anything else i can do to help make this kit happen, please give me suggestions guys. Ill spearhead this thing if i have to! i want to see it made

Hey Monkey,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you - long, long work hours! Here's the deal. If you will spearhead the project I will begin doing some light research into the cost and complexity of it. Everything is relative in custom work, so the price is going to be heavily dependent upon factors such as working time frame, attention to detail, etc. I will begin by developing a rough estimate of the materials and labor to produce a set of fiberglass body panels.

"You've got PM"

perk

------------------

phitown.com

* 85 2M4 - red, custom int, lowered 3", 16" wheels
    * 84 Fiero concept/race car - in the works! (383sbc/NOS)
    * 84 Fiero parts car
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Perk, got your PM. and gave you a response PM. May the 90 Fiero tear up the streets!
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
Oh what did I start???

------------------

FIERORICE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERORICESend a Private Message to FIERORICEDirect Link to This Post
I understand the love for the 90' prototype, but why not work to make body panels that will update our cars past last decade? Its 2002, the 2nd gen Mr2 looked great.. the new Spyder is crap, and mid engine is not popular.

I think the focus should be on updating our cars to new age. Make it look exotic, but keep it cheap. Imagine designing a body after its 1st and 2nd gens... but keep it a Fiero.

Ricky

------------------
Yeah, I have a cowl induction hood - with NON FUNCTIONAL GAUGES!! HELL YEAH - FieroRice

[This message has been edited by FIERORICE (edited 11-09-2002).]

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Yes Kameo, Look what you did

You and your digital camera that is! LOL

Hey Rice, where have you been? there are more aftermarket fiero body mods and kits for the "modern" look than Hairs on Robin Williams butt.

Ok small revision! it just occures to me that it may seem as though i look at RW's butt for fun. Let me assure you that "Fisher King" was on TV and the image of him dancing naked in central park is going to be burned in my mind for a time longer than ide like
------------------
Monkey

87 T-Top GT 2.8/5-spd
87 Hardtop GT 2.8/5-spd
97 Trans-AM WS6 6-spd
91 V8 Monster Miata
69 Mustang Coupe 302 4spd

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 11-09-2002).]

perkidelic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2002 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for perkidelicClick Here to visit perkidelic's HomePageSend a Private Message to perkidelicDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERORICE:

I understand the love for the 90' prototype, but why not work to make body panels that will update our cars past last decade?...I think the focus should be on updating our cars to new age. Make it look exotic, but keep it cheap. Imagine designing a body after its 1st and 2nd gens... but keep it a Fiero.

Ricky

Well, that's my opinion too Ricky. As I stated previously, the 90 prototype is not my cup of tea - but as a businessman I have to go first where the most demand is, and people absolutely love to recreate what used to be - or almost was!

As for my project, I describe it as my company's concept/race car (this reminds me - I have to update the plans on the website). I am building what I would have liked for the Fiero to be in the 21st century. I am just getting something I really like going on paper at this point, but hope to begin building soon.

The only hitch is whether or not I will offer it in kit form. I am leaning more towards doing the conversions on customers' cars, and it may be substantially more pricey than the average kit. That's because my wish would be for the Fiero to have gelled into a serious world class supercar. A car that would be ABOVE the Vette, and more in line with Vipers, 911's, 360 Modenas, etc. (no I don't think a Viper is really better than a Vette, but price-wise it's in a whole 'nother ballpark!) That's a tall step from the Fiero's commuter car roots, but that's my fantasy - and I am fortunate enough to have the ability to make mine so!

First up is the look, and hit the show scene as a Phitown marketing tool. Then I will begin a steady progression towards outrageous performance to back up the image.

Ok, sorry I got OTS - I'm back!

now about that prototype replica...

the wheels are now in motion Monkey - got your reply!!!

perk

edited to fix sig & typo
------------------

phitown.com

* 85 Fiero concept/race car - in the works!
    * 84 R&D mule - 84 parts car

[This message has been edited by perkidelic (edited 11-10-2002).]

[This message has been edited by perkidelic (edited 11-10-2002).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery