Started on: 04-23-2003 03:36 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: Fiero5 on 05-01-2003 10:52 AM
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
What are some seats that would fit in a Fiero with the Fiero rails that come in leather? Or at least that come in black. Before I spend $450.00 on MR Mikes I want to know what other options there are. Granted his work is great, but I don't have $450.00 to throw around on seats now or in the near future. If I could get some camaro seats and swap the tracks for a substantialy less amount of $$$$$ I will do that. I hate seat covers so I don't want to go that route.

Please don't try to convince me to get Mr Mikes, I want them badly but just can't afford them plain and simple.

------------------

rebuilt 2.8 transplanted into 88 coupe, poly dogbone, poly suspension, rebuilt suspension, customized interior, ported ex manifolds, MSD coil, short shifter, converting to GT, K&N filter, 17" Enkies, underdrive pulley, more to come.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
80s Corvette
80s and early 90s Blazer seats look almost the same
93+ firebird
i think all pontiac sunfire seats work
theres lots more to
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Actually, if you take the seat rails off the bottom of the Fiero seats you can then mount them on just about any car seat you want

Steve

------------------

Over 300 pics of our 18 Fieros:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/fiero5

connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
So now the trick is to find seats that are cheap enough to be worth the effort. Thanks guys. DOes anyone have any experience with this?
PontiacFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacFieroSend a Private Message to PontiacFieroDirect Link to This Post
I have used Grand Am seats with good success. You just have to use the Fiero rails.
Paul
Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
You can find a vast majority of leather seats on Ebay. I've been looking myself. One thing you want to do is measure the width of the seat.20-22 inches is what you need.
FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Im using Mitsubishi/Chrysler "Conquest TSI" seats in my Mistress.
It was just a matter of removing the Fiero rails from the original seats/bolting them back into the car/placing the new seats on top/making the correct size shims for the front/laying wet towels every where/spot welding them to the rails/removing the seats and final welding outside the car........
These seats fit very well and have adjustable lumbar with very tight and adjustable side bolster's with 3 way adjustable tilting head rest's......

------------------

"If you want to blend in, take the bus!"
fieroharry@yahoo.com
FOCOSEVA & CFOG-I

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 04-23-2003).]

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 04-23-2003).]

connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
welding! I don't have a welder. My dad might have an old spot welder from the fifties but Im not sure if it'll work.
88GTNeverfinished

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTNeverfinishedSend a Private Message to 88GTNeverfinishedDirect Link to This Post
I'll stick with the MrMikes.

$450 is not a lot to pay for something your ass is on everytime you drive the car. Besides, how cheap you think your going to get a good pair of seats for?

White88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2003 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White88GTSend a Private Message to White88GTDirect Link to This Post
My personal favorites....

$480 free shipping and rails, they are on ebay with the buy it now option.
Go to ebay and do a search for 'tenzo r seats' you might like some of the colors...
Thanks--Nathan
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2003 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
One thing to be aware of it that most non-Fiero seats will sit a bit higher, and you'll loose some headroom. I know the F-body seats about an inch or so higher. For some people, like myself, headroom is at a premium already, so any loss is a problem.
PFF
System Bot
jubjub2m6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2003 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jubjub2m6Click Here to visit jubjub2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to jubjub2m6Direct Link to This Post
oooh them conquest seats you have fieroharry look way comfy...

------------------

86SE Gold 4spd
Zr-2 hood
6" wingstands
rear coil overs
many more
VROOOOOOM!!

cccharlie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2003 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post
Mr mikes is pretty, but leather is friggin cold in the winter. My '97 VW Passat has leather, and it would be unbearable w/o seat heaters.

I think fierostore sells upholstery.

------------------
88 4cyl auto Fiero, AC, sunroof
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2003 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jubjub2m6:

oooh them conquest seats you have fieroharry look way comfy...

JubJub, man I love these seats, before when I drove thru turns I was sliding more than the car. Now I feel like im sitting in a Isotoner glove. Its freaking killer. Dont even have to plant the left foot down anymore like I used to.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2003 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Harry they look great-bet they weren't cheap tho.
I've got 92 grand am seats in our 84. They are about an inch higher, no speakers in the headrest, and the Fiero rails will have to be offset a bit to make them set straight. I'm 6'4 with more upperbody than legs, (pants size 32 in the legs) but still have head room.
I paid $50 for the pair, but still miss my Fiero seats.
FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2003 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
MJ, actually I paid $150 for the pair. One minor tear in the usual bolster (typical wear spot on the Fiero as well). I had to make 1" spacers to hold the front edge of the seats up for better leg support bent knee if you will. Also had to remove part of the original controls on the side of the seats to make them fit (plastic area's) but it didnt matter because the Fiero adjustment controls are in the front vice on the side like a Conquest!
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2003 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know how wide a 1998 Chevy Lumina LTZ front seat is?

I'm getting this car as a donor for my 1988 Formula.

The entire drivetrain is going in, hopefully including the cat, I'd like to keep the entire OBD2 system working correctly. 3800 Series II, 4t60e (I think... maybe a 65?. Power everything leather seats.

PM me if you know...

jubjub2m6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
User Banned

Report this Post04-30-2003 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jubjub2m6Click Here to visit jubjub2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to jubjub2m6Direct Link to This Post
i test drove a WRX that had some of the most comfy seats i ever been in...... in a close 2nd was the 300z....might have to find either of them

------------------

86SE Gold & Primer Pink
zr-2 hoodscoop
rear coil overs
6"wingstands..&more
JUGGALO!!!!

Seanpaul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2003 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulDirect Link to This Post

Mid 80's Honda Prelude with adjustable lumbar..
Everything is adjustable on those seats, there the best..

The nicest part, is the stock black with gray pin stripes seems to match any fiero...
I would love to take better pics for you, but the damm car is currently buried!..

------------------
Justa stocker...

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2003 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:

So now the trick is to find seats that are cheap enough to be worth the effort. Thanks guys. DOes anyone have any experience with this?

Just take a half day trip to nice big slavage yard and look around at all the different cars and see what seats catch your eye.
You do want to measure the width of the Fiero seat and make sure you stay close to that. Their are some pretty nice seats sitting in some of those late model cars. Some of the Hyundais including the Tiburon have some cool grey and black cloth seats and some have leather. Mmmmm.
I have seen some nice seats in some of the mini vans too. Some of them are pretty sporty looking and have lumbar and other great features. The cool thing is that when you get done, you have a slim chance of seeing any other Fiero with the same seats or look which makes your ride even that more special.

Steve

------------------

Over 300 pics of our 18 Fieros:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/fiero5

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock