Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  AUSFIERO stage2 scoops installed and painted (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
AUSFIERO stage2 scoops installed and painted by jelly2m8
Started on: 11-08-2002 08:21 PM
Replies: 55
Last post by: PontiacFiero on 06-16-2003 01:13 AM
jelly2m8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Well the stage 2 scoops I installed on a customers car has finally been painted after a trying ordeal to get them "just right"

The car is factory red, but the pics look somewhat orangish.

I'll get some better pictures next week when I put the car back together.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
you molded them in? that looks pretty nice.
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Jel. Moulded in like Aus intended

------------------

The Fiero Shop International

AznFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AznFieroSend a Private Message to AznFieroDirect Link to This Post
Are you gonna moldover where the ugly black trim is?
iwanna3.4dohc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iwanna3.4dohcSend a Private Message to iwanna3.4dohcDirect Link to This Post
Looks great. I cant wait to get mine. By the way, which company (UPS, FED EX) do you send them AUS.

[This message has been edited by iwanna3.4dohc (edited 11-08-2002).]

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by AznFiero:

Are you gonna moldover where the ugly black trim is?

Do you mean the round moulding down the middle of the car? No, thats painted red to match the car.

Yes the door and fender pieces are moulded into the body panels on all 4 planes, even if he flips this thing on the roof, the stage 2 GFX pieces will look moulded in

You might notice the odd shape at the leading edge of the door, this was purposely put in to avoid any scraping between the door and fender gfx pieces.

We had toyed with the idea of moulding the lower rocker panel in with the fender and 1/4 panels, but we ditched that idea in favor of ease of replacement of the rocker panel in case of damage.
I modified the 1/4 panel and the fender part so that it retains the factory rocker panel attachment system.

Hats of to my body shop guys, we spent alot of time trying to think of the best way to make these things look as factory as possible.

Automoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutomodaSend a Private Message to AutomodaDirect Link to This Post
I have stage2 scoops ordered for my new Fiero, which will also be painted bright red and have the scoops smoth-blended. I cant wait to see your car when its reassembled so I can see how mine will look! BTW, yes, your body shop guys did an excellent job!

------------------

87 Quad 4 HO convertible

jubjub2m6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2002 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jubjub2m6Click Here to visit jubjub2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to jubjub2m6Direct Link to This Post
way nice man.....only thing i think of isnt driving in the snow with them tires kinda a pain!!?

------------------

86SE Gold 4spd Modified
VROOOOOOM!!

Turbocharged2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Turbocharged2M6Send a Private Message to Turbocharged2M6Direct Link to This Post
Nice!
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
That is EXACTLY how Aus designed it!!

It look's OUTSTANDING!!!

That is the best installation of the Stage 2 that I have seen!! I'm not saying that the other installion's did'nt look good, because they all look great!! Aus your rare designer that has a focus of exactly what you want! I'm in awe of you Aus.... It's people like you that keep me in focus on finishing "Smooth GT"...
Great Job Jel...

Smooth!!

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com
Have you RATED me today??

PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Smoooooth GT

8823 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Sorry I got excited and pushed the dang buttom twice...

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 11-08-2002).]

Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post
oh man, those are really sweet..ferrari style great work on em, keep up the good work.

-Coop

jerryc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jerrycSend a Private Message to jerrycDirect Link to This Post
Those look great! Hat's off to Aus for such a great design. Thanks.
summerjim

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for summerjimClick Here to visit summerjim's HomePageSend a Private Message to summerjimDirect Link to This Post
Can't believe that's the same car that I owned a year ago. Beautiful job, Anthony!
Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
Nice job Jelly. I hate to say this but it looks unfinished to me. I'd have liked it more, the scoop, not your work, if the scoop was tapered to end flush at the front of the door myself.

------------------
Notchbacks Rule
84 Coupe(parts car)
85GT(show car)
87SE Gold(project car)
87SE Silver(daily driver)
88Coupe (daily driver)
88Formula (daily driver)

Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
Both the scoops and paint job look perfect....Now that is well done !
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobruiser:

Nice job Jelly. I hate to say this but it looks unfinished to me. I'd have liked it more, the scoop, not your work, if the scoop was tapered to end flush at the front of the door myself.

The original plan was to finish at the bottom of ther fender but look at a Fiero without ground effects and you will see why it was done that way.

Thanks for the compliments all and some new scoops will be out very soon too. That car almost makes me want to use stage 2s again myself.

TI_3VOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TI_3VOMSend a Private Message to TI_3VOMDirect Link to This Post
...hey Aus? Is there going to be a version of the Stage 2 scoops made for the coupe body style (ie, sans ground effects)? TIA
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
A few more pics I took today, still not complete on the outside, but it's getting there.

Thanks for the replies so far, they mean alot. I have alot put into this car, not just into the scoops either. This is a built to order Fiero, everything has been done to the customers requirements right down to stripping the car and repainting the chassis / frame gloss black. We even went as far as replacing the door pins.

The interior is not finalized, I heard something about Recaro's last night....

Just a few basics on this car, 5.7L TPI V8, 5 spd Isuzu, 11.25" brakes, 17" wheels,
Poly everywhere, Eibach's , KYB's, white faced guages.... etc,etc.

Lots of Goodies from Rodney and the Fiero Store, Ausfiero's scoops, donor car from Summerjim, seat skins from Fropuff, brake adapters from Custom84cp, and of course, Propulsion courtesy of V8 Archie

Maybe we can call this the PFF car? j/k

These pics were takin this evening when the sun was going down, and it is dirty after driving it on wet roads.

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

jelly2m8

6225 posts
Member since Jul 2001

PFF
System Bot
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
great, now the keybord's all sticky...

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: GTFiero
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs

Drive it like you stole it...nice and slow so you dont get your @$$ caught by the cops

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
I cannot wait till I see the interior. WOW what a car! Kinda like a Playboy model after a make-over at the beauty parlor. Can't get enough... MORE PIX.
artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely Stunning!!!

Your workmanship ix exquisite, and the product is obviously of "Aus" quality

Ok, now we all need *instillation tips!* (I was impressed at how flat you got everything, in the reflection shots.)

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Jel seems to think it needs my shelved skirts to finish it. I added front and rear lower facia covers too. All bolt ons. If my development budget hadn't been destroyed by a Yugoslavian.
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Oh yes Aus OH YES! those are sweet!

Hmm my T-Top is missing in that pic, I better go look!

AznFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2002 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AznFieroSend a Private Message to AznFieroDirect Link to This Post
Looks Awesome!! HOw a fiero should look! And how the engine should be!
White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post11-09-2002 08:51 PM   Send a Private Message to AznFieroDirect Link to This Post
that is beautiful.

------------------

Fierosite - Your Number One Resource for Fiero websites

Turbocharged2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2002 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Turbocharged2M6Send a Private Message to Turbocharged2M6Direct Link to This Post
Oh my god....this gets better and better! Ski's got some competition! VERY nice man, i LOVE it!!!
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2002 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by artherd:

Ok, now we all need *instillation tips!* (I was impressed at how flat you got everything, in the reflection shots.)

Best!
Ben.

Ben, I personally didn't have alot to do with the actual mounting of the door and fender pieces , or moulding them in.

After many discussions and a day spent with the paint products rep, the final idea was to attach them by filling the backside with a 2 part epoxy as Ausfiero suggestes.

From there they did the initial moulding in of the seams with this epoxy glue.

Then the excess epoxy was worked down smooth before working with a high build primer.

I was not in the paint shop the 2 days that were actually spent on attaching the panels, but I spoke briefly with the one guy after they were mounted.

He removed the doors and fenders to do the actual install of the panels, as it is easier to work with the epoxy and panels on a horizontal surface. He claimed that he spend the first whole day attaching the drivers door panel first, but after that experiance, he was able to do the complete passangers side in 3 hours the next day.

I will talk with this guy on the actual procedure he used and post it up so that anybody who wants to do it that way , they can.

We still have to work out a final price on the body shop work, but the paint and color change is billed out for $1500.00 canuk.

This includes painting the under sides of the deck and trunk lids, along with painting it with the majority of the panles and trim, etc off of the car.

These paint guys do very nice quality work at a reasonable cost.

They took blackie2m6's car from a rough looking project to a first place throphy winning car for a low 900 dollars canuk.

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2002 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:

That is EXACTLY how Aus designed it!!

It look's OUTSTANDING!!!

That is the best installation of the Stage 2 that I have seen!! I'm not saying that the other installion's did'nt look good, because they all look great!! Aus your rare designer that has a focus of exactly what you want! I'm in awe of you Aus.... It's people like you that keep me in focus on finishing "Smooth GT"...
Great Job Jel...

Smooth!!

Ditto.....

Again... Great Job Aus, Jel, and everyone who worked on it!!

Smooth!!

PFF
System Bot
blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2002 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
**Bump **just to make the book shoot flames out of it!!!!
p.s. there's a Fiero missing from those picture!!!!!!!!

------------------

Best of class-HMN- Carlisle 2002

[This message has been edited by blackie2m6 (edited 11-10-2002).]

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2002 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2003 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
El Bumpo from the past!

I'm getting the spring itch as we're looking towards warmer weather. I'm preparing to get back to work on the GT, and one of the first orders of business is to install the Stage 2 trim.

I'm was hoping that you (or someone) might be able to provide some details as to exactly what epoxy and/or epoxy glue was used for filling & attaching the trim. The installation shown looks excellent, and I can only hope for such clean & nice results!

I did some searching, and AUS had once recommend ( https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030204-1-021065.html ) "Araldite KP26" which I can't seem to locate on their website (I have a feeling they re-did their product number details). Any other details on this product or whatever was used?

This is a project I hope not to do twice!

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 02-25-2003).]

MNFiero3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2003 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MNFiero3800Send a Private Message to MNFiero3800Direct Link to This Post
MinnGreenGT,
I'll be doing mine in a week or so, if you want to come over and watch.

Lyle
lsvendsen2002@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by MNFiero3800 (edited 02-25-2003).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2003 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MNFiero3800:

MinnGreenGT,
I'll be doing mine in a week or so, if you want to come over and watch.

Lyle
lsvendsen2002@yahoo.com

Lyle- not so sure I need the visual aid, so much as the product suggestion. What kind of epoxy are you using to fill and attach the trim?

I'm already quite a ways in the right direction- just need to work on the trim: https://www.fiero.nl/uploads/imgs2003/GreenGTSpyShot_2.jpg

Edited image link for bandwith purposes

MNFiero3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2003 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MNFiero3800Send a Private Message to MNFiero3800Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Lyle- not so sure I need the visual aid, so much as the product suggestion. What kind of epoxy are you using to fill and attach the trim?

I'm already quite a ways in the right direction- just need to work on the trim:

I'm going to have a body guy help me do it at my house, so I'm not sure what we are useing yet. I can let you know when I find out.

What were you going to use?

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2003 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MNFiero3800:

I'm going to have a body guy help me do it at my house, so I'm not sure what we are useing yet. I can let you know when I find out.

What were you going to use?

Well, I'm quite curious about the Araldite ( http://www.araldite-adhesives.com/ ) product that AUS has mentioned in the past... otherwise I believe I have 3 different epoxy adhesives right now: one for Rigid applications, one for semi-rigid applications (I think this is what I used on my deck scoop), and one for flexible repairs (like urethane bumper covers). I don't recall the manufacturers off hand, but I know one was a SEM product. I'll have to check when I get home tonight and let you know.

I'd really like to find out what was used on the Red GT shown... as it appears to have worked quite well!

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2003 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
I just called my body shop, and the product they used to attach and bond the stage 2 scoops for me is called PLIOGRIP made by PROFORM.

It is a 2 part epoxy that is used for all types of bonding, what materials you use determines the curing time used.

I just did a quick search for PLIOGRIP, and it seems that several suppliers make this stuff.

I did find on several sites that,
Pliogrip® is widely used by OEM’s on cars and trucks:

GM, Ford, Chrysler, BMW, Volvo, Mitsubishi, Toyota, AM General, Cummins, Freightliner, Kenworth, Mack, Navistar, Peterbilt.

So it must be quality stuff.

Good luck on your search for this product.

[This message has been edited by jelly2m8 (edited 02-25-2003).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2003 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Jelly- thanks a ton for the info.

After reading some of the data I've found... the Pliogrip (an Ashland product) looks like an awesome material/adhesive. Seems a tad difficult to locate a specific supplier for it... though I'm sure I can come up with something!

This looks promising (although not cheap) http://www.eagerplastics.com/pliogrip7779.htm -especially since it appears that an applicating gun may be necessary...

I've also sent a detailed request for information to my local 3M supplier/distributor... he's always been very helpful in these type of situations. I'll post if/when he sends any useful information.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock