How low is too low? by 87GTSleeper
Started on: 06-11-2003 10:14 AM
Replies: 46
Last post by: Voytek on 06-16-2003 05:12 PM
onfire

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2003 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post
My car has street dreams 2" drop spindles, and HMS Koni coil overs on the rear. The wheels are 17x7 ARE pinzetti's with 215/45 tires on the front and 235/45 on the rear.

------------------

IP: Logged
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2003 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by longtermgt:
I'm also in the process of lowering the GT. I'm just not satisfied with the Eibachs. I bought my own coil-over parts and am going to go with Street Dreams drop spindles, though I'm worried about build quality. I've been warned away from HMS by several members. Street Dreams seems to be the only option left. Anyone know of another source for spindles? This is what my ride looks like now. Hope to get the stance right once and for all!

First I have heard of anyone warning against HMS. I thought they were the cream of the crop in terms of Fiero suspensions. Bad experiences, parts, or something? Please expand.

--Will

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 06-16-2003).]

Smoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2003 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SmoofSend a Private Message to SmoofDirect Link to This Post
longtermgt
Hey, I've been looking at your car on Cardomain forever now just admiring it. I love those wheels you've got on it!
Sorry, heh
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2003 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Hey, are any of you guys that lowered the front over 1.5" hitting the bumpstops all the time, or resting on them? Mine is lowered about 1.5, and the bumpstop is about 1/4" from hitting at rest. I'm sure it hits every time on a bump. I'm raising it back up just a bit so it won't do this.
fierogt88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2003 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt88Send a Private Message to fierogt88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

First I have heard of anyone warning against HMS. I thought they were the cream of the crop in terms of Fiero suspensions. Bad experiences, parts, or something? Please expand.

--Will

Consider yourself warned.

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2003 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wpgfiero:

Ask SLAMMED87GT
there's no such thing as too low
remember: The lower you go the more she likes it

And a pic shall be appropriate about now-

------------------
'87GT 5" Drop on 17's, Can you say "Bagged"? -on air- (Custom paint, interior, stereo, exhaust, intake, spoiler)

'95 Eclipse GSX, Black, T-25 Turbo, Autometer Pro gauge, Razo shift knob, Intake, MBC

fieros only

Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2003 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sqoach:

Hey, are any of you guys that lowered the front over 1.5" hitting the bumpstops all the time, or resting on them? Mine is lowered about 1.5, and the bumpstop is about 1/4" from hitting at rest. I'm sure it hits every time on a bump. I'm raising it back up just a bit so it won't do this.

No - at least not that I can tell. Maybe your springs are too soft. I have the 2" drop spindles from StreetDreams and never bottom out.

I have GroundControl coilovers on the back with 250# springs and this is WAY too soft (the shocks bottom out occasionally).

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock