Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  A History of Monza76's car, OK so I am not serious! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
A History of Monza76's car, OK so I am not serious! by Monza76
Started on: 07-13-2003 03:05 PM
Replies: 152
Last post by: Monza76 on 09-24-2003 02:12 PM
Monza76

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2003 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Kruz
I just got back from vacation so I will be back at it this week, there may even be some surprizes

Ira

IP: Logged
Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Fiero5, there should be a Fiero Man of the Year (or at least the hour ), if there was Steve (Fiero5) gets my vote along with Bob Parker at Kick Hill Farms. I got a package from UPS today:

For anyone who doesn't recognize these, they are 86/87 Fiero GT 15"X 7" wheels. This was the surprize that Steve has been hinting at in his earlier posts. They just showed up, no charge Talk about Christmas in July (OK so its August).

Steve, you have changed the whole complexion of this plan. Too bad I can't give you even more positives.

The next step in this project (as soon as the hood is finished) will be to polish the rims of these beauties and touch up the paint.

Thanks again to Steve and his accomplice, Bob Parker at Kick Hill Farms.

Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 08-16-2003).]

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post

Monza76

1298 posts
Member since Jul 2002
Question:
How would 195/60X15 fit on the 15X7s? A little lower than the 195/70X14 I am using now, but that should just improve acceleration.

I lost my chart for matching tire sizes to wheel width ranges, (example, 215/60X14 fits 5.5" to 8", wider or narrowere not recommended, usual fitment 6") Does anyone have a link to a site which supplies this information (I just want the generic, tire size to wheel width, not specifics about particular wheels or tires.)?

I want a good handling package, I will eventually use wider rear tires, but for now these tires are available, any comments?

Ira

Fieroso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosoClick Here to visit Fieroso's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierosoDirect Link to This Post
hey hey!

cool Rim's!!

I liked reading the history of your car.

Those light switches looked wicked.
I want some!

The hood scoop look's very cool too, can't wait to see it when it's all finished up.

- Aaron

------------------

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Hmmm, those rims look awefull familiar. Didn't I just see those on another thread? LOL

Ira, if there is anything else I can do for you, just let me know.
Enjoy your rims

BTW: We got your envelope the other day with your pics and your shirt order. Thanks. It's always nice to put a face to a name
My Dad just sent your shirt out so you should be wearing (or framing) your new Hulki signed 20th anniversary shirt very soon.

Steve

------------------

Now over 400 pics of our 18 Fieros:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/fiero5

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Fieroso, the 15 X 7 wheels give me a lot more options. Stock these would have carried 205/60 front and 215/60 rear. The problem with the light switches is that there is no circuit breaker built in (the stock switch has a safety device built in). I may check which circuits need protection and add a little inline fuse block.

Steve, I corrected my oversight and gave thanks to Bob Parker, at Kick Hill Farms, for his part in your little surprize. I just washed the wheels, next will be a more thorough cleaning and then some elbow grease to polish the rims. One of them is very good already. Not sure yet what I will do with the centres, probably just touch up the original paint

Ira

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post

Monza76

1298 posts
Member since Jul 2002
Still wondering, does anyone know anything about this? I asked before but got no response.

It seems to have a relocated radiator, and some modification to the nose (facia is missing but the structure looks modified as well). An interesting design, definitely lots of airflow.

Ira

Fieroso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosoClick Here to visit Fieroso's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierosoDirect Link to This Post
I think i'm able to get one of those connector's i was asking you about..

I looked at the fiero store and found the right part i think.

I told Andy what you told me and he said he could get one, in the case that they were the same on most GM vehicles.

So my car's set for inspection!!

then the lesson's of driving a standard transmission begin's

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Ira - I haven't been keeping up on this topic... it looks like your hood vent is coming along nicely!

I can try to answer a couple of your questions. 1st for a tire-size calculator, try: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html and for a similar wheel-offset calculator (for anyone doing aftermarket wheels) try: http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html

And then for the hood vent you've shown, I recall that it was on the choptop car that Philipene purchased from FieroDave... that's about all that's known. Ah, here's the post too (looks like one of yours from awhile back): https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20021104-1-020242.html you might want to contact him directly and see if he knows anything else about it.

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Thanks MinnGreenGT I had forgotten that one, you are definitely master of the search feature. The tire calculator is a good one but I was looking for a chart which relates tire size to rim width.

Ira

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
In another thread Galen posted this about refinishing the GT wheels:

Hey Ira , Here's a write up of Fiero " Diamond Wheel " re-finishing by Orief . http://www.fierofocus.com/articles/0301Wheels%20-%20Dave%20Kopeilski.htm
Orief used Krylon Rust Tough Enamel ( Black ) on his rims .

Galen

Thanks alot, I tried Oreif's suggestion of using Permatex Gasket remover, works like a charm, Here is a picture of one of the stripped wheels but I need another can of Permatex before I can get all of the gunk off.

I will be doing the body filler for the vent this week as well.

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 08-05-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
Doug Chase

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug ChaseSend a Private Message to Doug ChaseDirect Link to This Post
Great thread, Ira. I've been following your build up since you started a few years ago on the Fiero.org list. It's great to see it all in pictures. The car looks nice!

About your tire size vs. rim width question, I sort of have an answer. http://www.tirerack.com has "suggested rim width" for their tires. You could check out a bunch of tires on there to get an idea. That's the best I can do, though, I've never seen a universal chart with just this information on it.

Keep up the good work.

------------------
Doug Chase
'88 Fiero Formula 5-spd (autocrosser)
'88 Fiero GT 5-spd (daily driver)
'85 Fiero GT 5-spd (rally car)
'87 Fiero SE V6 5-spd (for sale $2200)
'88 Fiero Formula 5-spd (parts car / future rally car #2)
Custom roll cage fabrication available
Custom exhaust fabrication available

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Doug, I have a Bridgestone tire brochure around here somewhere which gives the recommended wheel widths for a great number of tire sizes, those that are not there should be easily extrapolated from the data in the chart. If I find it I will scan it and either OCR the info or post the scanned igame, I doubt if Bridgestone will get upset.

Thanks for the link. and your positive comments.

Ira

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post

Monza76

1298 posts
Member since Jul 2002
More good stuff in the mail today, just received my Pennock decal from Joe Torma. This is a low cost item, and some of the money goes back into supporting the forum.

And they look cool:

Yes some of the letters are crooked, I really need to be more careful with decals.

Here is my back window now, this is the limit, any other stickers go inside the decklid:

Thanks Joe

Ira

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Hey Ira, in that last pic of the rear window showing your decals you can see another red car in the background thru the windows. Is that another Fiero? It looks like maybe another Fiero with flush mount headlights and the hood looks like the one you are doing the vent on?

Steve

KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

It looks like maybe another Fiero with flush mount headlights and the hood looks like the one you are doing the vent on?

Steve

Just looks like the headlight doors are removed to me...?

Kruz

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Kruz got it, that is my 1984, it is non functional at the moment (maybe a project for the distant future). The hood is my vented hood, I am using that car as a workbench, test fitting platform. I took the headlight doors out of the hood while I was working on it because I didn't want to break them.

Ira

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Man I really have to learn how to do body work right

Here are some pictures from today's misadventures:
Looked OK but add paint and....

You can really see the problem here:

When the paint dries I will sand it all off and try again, well my first Bondo experience must have been a great learning experience, especially if we learn by our mistakes I'll try wet sanding first, just to see if it helps, and then I will paint the grill black (this should look better)

Meanwhile the wheels are soaking in another shot of Permatex, the rims will need some serious polishing but the centres are looking real good.

Well at least the hood look good at 10 paces

Ira

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post

Monza76

1298 posts
Member since Jul 2002
Anyone have any suggestions? I figured I would sand off most of the paint, smooth out the surface and try again. What do you guys use to sand tight corners?
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Ira- looks like a good start. Some of those tight corners are a real PITA, aren't they?

For something like that, I'd do most of my "shaping" with a dremel using a 'glass cutting wheel and/or a sanding drum. For "finer" work you should probably just use a small piece of wood wrapped with sandpaper (of whatever grit you need at the time). Lot's of time involved there. Looking back, it would probably have been easiest to do the sanding & shaping prior to installing the mesh screen. Doh!

My only other suggestion at this point... sand, sand, sand... and maybe sand a bit more until it's right Just keep working it until it's where you want it to be.

If you do lay more bondo, you can always help shape it before it kicks by pushing on it with a flat surface covered with wax paper (the wax paper will peel away after the bondo sets, and the surface will be much smoother. Keep it up!

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Rob, wish I had known about the wax paper trick before I started, I'm always in too big a hurry. I think I will leave it until next week now and concentrate on some "around the house" issues. I really like the way it looks, All I need now is to get the details right.

When I get back too it I will sand everything down to where it is right and if there are then holes, I will try the wax paper trick. I see what you mean about the grills, I should have done the top first and then fiberglassed from the bottom, after all the aluminum gave it strength, the fiberglass was more to keep it all together (including the grills).

I have a dremel and a similar low speed tool which has a reciprocating feature, great little sander with that one.

Thanks again
Ira

PFF
System Bot
KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
Well, I have been using a dremel with a sanding drum for those "tight" corners down near the openings. My scoops is alot smoother but still a little rought around the edges. I'm trying to get all my projects on the car done rough right now and go back and smooth it all out. Also Ira it didnt look that back on the grill. Maybe on the grill you could take a drill with a small drill bit and run it through those holes in perfect all the misconceptions. Either way its good to see what you've been doing, Ira.

Kruz!!

------------------

KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post

KRuzn MAchines

1102 posts
Member since Jul 2003
oh, btw not a bad paint job for a rattle can!

Kruz!!

Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
'Low odor aircraft remover' works the best for me in stripping wheels. And for those tight corners check out the Mega Mouse detail sander. http://www.craftsman.com
Check out the 'cool new tools' too.

------------------
Notchbacks Rule
84 Coupe(parts car)
85GT(show car)
87SE Gold(project car)
87SE Silver(daily driver)
88Coupe (daily driver)
88Formula (daily driver)

[This message has been edited by Fierobruiser (edited 08-07-2003).]

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Well, I didn't sand down everything but I did work on all of the irregular surfaces. I cleaned of the aluminum strip and have it smooth now, and I sanded all of the edges again. I was thinking of getting some glazing putty to smooth out the rest and then a coat of a scratch hiding primer before the colour. The colour from the rattle cans is not a perfect match because of the degree of fading on my car, so I am going to paint the entire centre section of the hood, that way the colour difference will be a little less noticeable.

I don't think there is any point in posting a picture right now, but I will as soon as it is painted again.

Ira

KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ira, I know you usally give me the tips but if you goto walmart or somewhere and buy a paint stripping sanding disc. The bigger ones they solve all your uneveness problems very quickly! I learend that the hard way, so now shaving the trim off is so easy its like baking a cake on a cooking show!

Kruz

------------------

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Kruz, I like the new sig picture.

Ira

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2003 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Major surgery, I have decided to remove the rear clip in order to replace the fuel filler neck. Since this will expose the upper frame rails I will get those repaired at the same time, as well as the ends of the trunk.

Since it will be in pieces, may as well take the opportunity to replace the rear struts. I have three weeks of holidays left, hope I can get it all done in time. Once the structure is fixed and the fuel filler replaced I can turn my attention back to the vented hood and those marvelous wheels from Steve.

Anyone who has done this work before please check in with any suggestions which could make my job easier. Having a parts car to work on certainly helps.

Ira

85SE
From: Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada (yes, the town is named Paradise!)

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2003 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monza76:

Major surgery, I have decided to remove the rear clip in order to replace the fuel filler neck. Since this will expose the upper frame rails I will get those repaired at the same time, as well ass the ends of the trunk. Since it will be in pieces, may as well take the opportunity to replace the rear struts. I have three weeks of holidays left, hope I can get it all done in time. Once the structure is fixed and the fuel filler replaced I can turn my attention back to the vented hood and those marvelous wheels from Steve.

Anyone who has done this work before please check in with any suggestions which could make my job easier. Having a parts car to work on certainly helps.

Ira

Ok, who wants to take bets on how long it will be before Ira justs says "Ah, the heck with it" and does a complete teardown and rebuild of greater than half the car? Sounds like things are getting serious out there

I'd offer help Ira, but I'm useless. Just thought my comment would bring a smile.

Cheers,
Andrew

85SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2003 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEDirect Link to This Post

85SE

918 posts
Member since Feb 2000
Ira,

You mentioned those 15 inch rims from the Daytona. Do you know what they were selling for and if they're still available? I need to put tires on my car but I'm not real interested in buying more 13 inch tires

I do, however, don't mind the look of those Daytona rims.

Thanks,
Andrew

EDIT: Replace above line with "I do, however, not mind the look of those Daytona rims". Double nagatives bad!

[This message has been edited by 85SE (edited 08-09-2003).]

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2003 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Andrew,
I can get them for you for $160 (total for all four, don't know if they would charge tax) from GEW autobody in Gander. As is typical of aluminum wheels they need a little polishing or painting (what ever suits your fancy), but it is hard to find anything better for the price (no sign of any curb rash, just normal weathering).

You are probably right about the car, now that I have taken one apart it doesn't seem like such a scary job anymore, and with the body removed you have great access to all the normal rust areas. Too bad, the 1984 chassis is actually in much better shape than the 1985 (at least from what I can see).

Let me know about the wheels, meanwhile I will take another look around this week and see what is available. I also may be selling my 14" styled steel wheels with centre caps for significantly less than that, haven't decided yet.

Ira

PFF
System Bot
85SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2003 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEDirect Link to This Post

Andrew,
I can get them for you for $160 (total for all four, don't know if they would charge tax) from GEW autobody in Gander. As is typical of aluminum wheels they need a little polishing or painting (what ever suits your fancy), but it is hard to find anything better for the price (no sign of any curb rash, just normal weathering).

You are probably right about the car, now that I have taken one apart it doesn't seem like such a scary job anymore, and with the body removed you have great access to all the normal rust areas. Too bad, the 1984 chassis is actually in much better shape than the 1985 (at least from what I can see).

Let me know about the wheels, meanwhile I will take another look around this week and see what is available. I also may be selling my 14" styled steel wheels with centre caps for significantly less than that, haven't decided yet.

Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 08-09-2003).]

Thanks Ira! I'll let you know later in the week what I plan on doing. It sort of depends on how much of a chunk the work I'm having done now takes out of the playtoy budget My car is getting new rotors and pads all round, brake and tranny lines and valve stem seals/valve cover gasket, so it might be an expensive week playtoy wise!

Thanks again,
Andrew

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2003 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Well Andrew, it sounds like you may be tapped out after all that. If you want the steel wheels let me know, all I need is the cost of getting the tires swapped over to the other wheels, and a can of Tremclad aluminum so I can touch them up for you. Of course you would have to come and get them. Let me know if you are still interested. Meanwhile the 15s are still at the scrapyard.
I may even have a bonus for you.
Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 08-10-2003).]

85SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2003 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEDirect Link to This Post

Well Andrew, it sounds like you may be tapped out after all that. If you want the steel wheels let me know, all I need is the cost of getting the tires swapped over to the other wheels, and a can of Tremclad aluminum so I can touch them up for you. Of course you would have to come and get them. Let me know if you are still interested. Meanwhile the 15s are still at the scrapyard.
I may even have a bonus for you.
Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 08-10-2003).]

Hey again Ira:

Got your PM...sorry for so slow replying. I've been working some crazy hours trying to meet a deadline this week (it grew legs and moved on me you see).

Thanks for the generous offer! My car is done now but I don't know what the damage is yet. If things calm down a bit perhaps I'll make a trip to Gander in the next week or two

You see, it's a little crazy right now because my house is less than two weeks away from being finished, so I'm there daily, I'm working sort of crazy hours, and well, I'm just not getting a lot of time at the Forum.

Thanks again,
Andrew

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2003 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Andrew,
Well I will be taking the snowtires off these rims next week anyway, I'll pick up a can of tremclad and clean them up a bit as well. If you don't want them I will just put them away for now.
Be sure to let me know if you are coming out this way so that I will be here.

Ira

85SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2003 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEDirect Link to This Post

Andrew,
Well I will be taking the snowtires off these rims next week anyway, I'll pick up a can of tremclad and clean them up a bit as well. If you don't want them I will just put them away for now. BTW here is what they look like:

Be sure to let me know if you are coming out this way so that I will be here.

Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 08-14-2003).]

You know, it's sort of funny. I actually had a set of those same rims bought for my car when I had my first Fiero in 2000. I sold them when I decided to get rid of the car that year.

So, in other words, I've always thought they'd match the Fiero well enough

Cheers,
Andrew

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2003 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Hi vent update:

I covered the offending area with glazing putty and then sanded it all off so that the surface was level and smooth with all of the scratches filled, then I used a thick gloss black paint which would fill the smaller imperfections and , because it is gloss black, will show if there are any more problems.
It was late in the evening and the black paint I was using was still a little wet but here is my vent as it looks now:

and this:

And here please note that it is the reflection from the flash that makes the grill shine, as you can see in the second picture, it is black:

The hood will be painted red, the black paint is a good scratch filler and will be left on the grill but the rest will be sanded down and painted red. There are none of the irregularities now except in the tight corners where they are not noticeable. I will sand the black after it has had a full week to cure and then I will add the red.

Hope this meets with approval, I realize I have taken a different approach to this project but it looks like it will work out.

Ira

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2003 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
Monza - Great thread. I have been following from time to time and really enjoy the creativity in a low budget build up!

Fiero5 & Bob Parker, Thanks for sending him the wheels. You guys are the greatest.

------------------

BigRed88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2003 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigRed88Send a Private Message to BigRed88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gordo:

Fiero5 & Bob Parker, Thanks for sending him the wheels. You guys are the greatest.

Just had to second the motion! Gordo
pointed out the thread to me (as I don't always take the time to keep up with the Forum).

Can you only imagine how many Fiero's would not exist were it not for Bob Parker?

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2003 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Hey Ira, what are you using for exhaust tips right now?
I assume that you still have the stock single exhaust?

Steve

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock