Started on: 08-22-2003 10:18 AM
Replies: 31
Last post by: yellowstone on 08-25-2003 05:50 AM
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to decide what drop I want. Could anyone who has a Notchie with lowering spring please post a Side shot along with the amount of drop. Also what springs you have. Thanks in Advance.

Joe

------------------
87 2M4 5 spd Daily Driver Project 2m$
86 SE Needs every thing but a Motor & Sunroof Seal!!! Now for Sale! $750.00
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Web Master
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine.
Total drop 1.5" and I'm using 225/50R15 tires all the way around.
Springs are Eibach Sport Springs.

Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Suspension Tech 2" drop, but I have very large wheels, 245/50/16 on the back and 225/50/16 on the front.

------------------
85GT 2.9 4spd MSD Everything, Big Cam, No Cat and Nitrous. Nawzz babeee!!!!
http://www.captfiero.com

ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post
This isn't my car, its my buddies. I'm not sure how it was lowered, but I thought the pic might help, the car sits very low and theres almost no gap between the front wheel and the top of the wheel well. The tires are 225 55R16's all around I believe.

Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a Ton, Capt where did you get your springs at and what Part # were they?
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
This topic might be of some interest to you!
How Low is Too Low?

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

"All... my... friends... drive a lowrider. And a Low - Ri - Der is a little lower...

I'm really not entirely sure how much of a "drop" my suspension is now... I had one full loop cut from the front springs, and have (Koni Adjustable) coilovers in the rear.

Here's a "before" photo:

And here's one from a couple of days ago:

It currently has 2 3/8" up front and about 2 1/4" in the rear (measured from the top of the tire to the edge of the fender).

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 08-22-2003).]

turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seDirect Link to This Post
Here's one more black notchie:

Mine is lowered with Suspension Techniques lowering springs, Koni's all around, and 16" wheels. Pretty huh?
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
Grrr I really need to do that to mine, but I'm clueless what to go for? coilovers or what? anyone care to answer

------------------
-KC
88 5spd 3800 SC Formula
3.25, WCF Headers, 1.9 rockers, 160 t-stat, NGK TR6's, TB spacer, Custom ECM, 50 NX, 100% polly

RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/031240.html

This is a link to the thread that I post in. That is with ST springs. I got about 1 inch lower out of them. It was supposed to be 1.5 but I'm sure the old springs were sagging.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT 1000 posts

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Low Key, coil-overs have the advantage of being height adjustable and having your choice of spring rates. The also add more room for bigger tires in the rear wheel wells. Coil-over kits are also more expensive than lowering springs.

The two most popular and readily available lowering springs are Suspension Techniques (ST) and Eibachs. ST springs are cheaper and lower about 1/2" more than Eibachs. However, the Eibachs have progressive spring rates (the more they are compressed, the stiffer they get). Can't go wrong with either, but the Eibachs are very nice.

The ghetto alternative is cutting the stock springs. This is cheap, but you have to really be sure not to heat up the springs when cutting them. Heating them can cause the steel to lose it's "temper" or spring which makes them weak and brittle.

Here are pics of my car. I have ST springs in the front and RCC coil-over kits in the rear. The new low profile front tires and lowering springs dropped my nose about 2 inches. I scrape my front spoiler too much. Almost wish I hadn't gone so low.

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
FS coils in the red. Hacked job for the yellow

------------------

PFF
System Bot
2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2003 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I like how low your Yellow Car Is!

------------------

FOR SALE!

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
Here is mine

edited because you can't see it very well and I can not get a bigger pic to work if you want to know more or see more PM me it was lowered about 2" with the held front and rear set up.

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 08-22-2003).]

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure how well you can see from my signature picture, but it is lowered with Eibach springs (around 1" drop) and tires are 225 50 16 rear, 205 50 16 front. I like the stance. I think there has to be some gap for it to look right. I don't like my tire to be right up against the fender.

Edit:
Just took this pic. It should be a better angle.

------------------

[This message has been edited by sqoach (edited 08-22-2003).]

Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a lot every one for posting picks. I think I will be going for the S.T. ones from JCW, only $79.99 per pair. +'s to all of you.

Joe

------------------
87 2M4 5 spd Daily Driver Project 2m$
86 SE Needs every thing but a Motor & Sunroof Seal!!! Now for Sale! $750.00
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Web Master
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.com

sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post
sqoach man, I'm liking your progress on your car. Slow but steady, keep it going man! Oh and remember a while back you sent me that spoiler? Well I didn't end up using it, but donated it to Mach10 for his 4.9 SE. The one that Smoooth almost aquired.

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

Selling my rebuilt and never run LT1, if interested email me dankuzma@hotmail.com.

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2003 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
batboy, thanks for the explanation that clears a whole bunch up for me
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2003 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Sqoach,

Gotta agree with slothman,...your car is really coming along nicely !

Do you plan on doing a panels on or off paint job ?

Are you about finished with the body mods (unless of course u are keeping it a secret)?

How about a few more pics of your car ??

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2003 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Not mine... But, WoW!! OMG!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 08-23-2003).]

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
For you guys wondernig about my car, I'll update my thread tomorrow sometime.

sloth, I remember seeing that spoiler on his car in some thread. It was weird seeing it, because it was also on a gold 86 SE, just like mine use to be.

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
Here is a Picture of the drop on our T-Top. We bought the Fiero Store Lowering Springs. They have a 2" drop to them. I know you asked for notchbacks but I only have the fastback lowered, but it still might help.

------------------

[This message has been edited by blackie2m6 (edited 08-24-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
hellfish87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hellfish87gtClick Here to visit hellfish87gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to hellfish87gtDirect Link to This Post
G-Nasty

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for G-NastyClick Here to visit G-Nasty's HomePageSend a Private Message to G-NastyDirect Link to This Post

Bel-Tec spindles on ST springs w/ Koni adj shox at max resistance. I've added small metal spring boosters (2) per side to prevent from bottoming out.
Most cars handle & react much better when properly lowered
OUT>

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

Here is mine

edited because you can't see it very well and I can not get a bigger pic to work if you want to know more or see more PM me it was lowered about 2" with the held front and rear set up.

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 08-22-2003).]

DAMN! How bout more pics of that sweet looking thing!

------------------
FURIOUS FIERO

'86 2M4-Sold :( ...Looking for V6 Manual

See My New Website at www.geocities.com/furious_fiero

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Suspension Tech 2" drop, but I have very large wheels, 245/50/16 on the back and 225/50/16 on the front.

How do you run 245's on a pree 88 Fiero on 16in rims? I have 225's on mine and i can barely fit my finger bewteen the tire and strut. Is just the 2 inch drop enough to clear everything or...?

------------------

--Adam--
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed
"Your dog certainly has a surpised look on his face"
"that because your looking at his butt"
"Oh...well then hes certainly not going to like that treat i just fed him"

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

GTFiero1

6508 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by Kento:

Thanks a Ton, Capt where did you get your springs at and what Part # were they?

you can get suspension tech springs at www.jcwhitney.com $80.00 for the fronts and $80.00 for the rears

Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
http://www.diginostics.com/Fiero/Formula1/Form6/form6.html

[This message has been edited by Zoom88 (edited 08-24-2003).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

How do you run 245's on a pree 88 Fiero on 16in rims? I have 225's on mine and i can barely fit my finger bewteen the tire and strut. Is just the 2 inch drop enough to clear everything or...?

As for part numbers I dont know what they are, but in BC you can buy them from Lordco and from the states you can get them from JC Whitney for the best price.

I believe these wheels have a slightly wider offset than the stock wheels.

Go here and take a look at the bottom left corner pic. I will try to dig up a better pic. But you can see how far the tire sticks out.
http://www.captfiero.com/members/car083002/index.html

P.S. Just as a side note, I love the look, but I am taking them off and putting 225's on the back.

------------------
85GT 2.9 4spd MSD Everything, Big Cam, No Cat and Nitrous. Nawzz babeee!!!!
http://www.captfiero.com

sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sqoach:

For you guys wondernig about my car, I'll update my thread tomorrow sometime.

sloth, I remember seeing that spoiler on his car in some thread. It was weird seeing it, because it was also on a gold 86 SE, just like mine use to be.

Only difference is his car has a Caddy motor under that gold decklid!

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post

2 inch drop or so...

------------------

1988 Quad 4 Coupe 5 speed click for more pics
1986 GT 5 speed
AOL: LastMinuteBastrd AIM: SavedbyJebus

2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-24-2003 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Standard, That picture you have of Purple's car would be good...he's running 19" wheels and he has like NO GAP between the tires and the wheel wells.

BTW, nice car!

------------------

FOR SALE!

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2003 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:

I am trying to decide what drop I want. Could anyone who has a Notchie with lowering spring please post a Side shot along with the amount of drop. Also what springs you have. Thanks in Advance.

Joe

I prefer the lowering not too extreme. My car has yellow EIBACH springs and red KONI shocks.

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock