I Need a pic of a fastback with a non-aero nose by fierohutch
Started on: 05-14-2003 02:43 PM
Replies: 36
Last post by: Kento on 07-06-2003 06:28 PM
fierohutch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2003 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohutchSend a Private Message to fierohutchDirect Link to This Post
guys i need a picture of a fastback (maybe converted?) that has a coupe/formula nose. i'm trying to prove to my friend that it will not look right. i know somebody has one!!

------------------

In search of a 86-88 fastback in Northern IL

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2003 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I like it best. Looks like Lotus Esprit, I gave the aeronose away.....

------------------

http://groups.msn.com/RogersCarPhotos/hootergirls.msnw

Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2003 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Cool, I agree, the coupe nose looks very good on the fastback. I have seen one that started as a coupe so it only had the fastback roof, no side trim or GT bumper, that also had a very classy look. As you said, Lotus with a touch of 308GTB.
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2003 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
Well, I kinda like it.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2003 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Reminds me of the BMW M1

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2003 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I remember those M1s, they looked better in person. I saw Mario Andrettis personal one a couple years ago at Pittsburgh GP. Too bad they were seriously underpowered.
ClearDark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2003 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClearDarkSend a Private Message to ClearDarkDirect Link to This Post
I like the looks of that very much roger.

Also, the BMW M1 looks alot like the newwer 840/850's.

Nice car I might do that with my GT if I get it.

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2003 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Reminds me of the BMW M1

yep. i'm seeing a lot of european magazines while i'm here in the middle east and noticed the m1 and a few other cars that reminded me of fastback fieros, especially with non-aero facias. i may try it if i get a second fastback.

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2003 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

Well, I kinda like it.

I LOVE that look...
OMG, Do I need to go look for a Formula/Coupe nose for Smooth now...
Great.. another freaking decision to make in the next 2 week's before it go for paint...

I'll let you guy's and gal's know what I decide After the paint is on...
------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 05-15-2003).]

fierohutch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2003 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohutchSend a Private Message to fierohutchDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the pics guys! i guess it's not as bad as i thought, just takes a while of starring at it to get used to.
watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2003 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
Well - I've got all the parts to fastback my car - but I wasn't sure if I'd like it. Now I'm convinced I *will* do it!

I could do with a new left taillight clear cover. Dealer wants $200 for it though!

------------------
87/88 V6 5spd Notchback Hybrid

My page: http://www.fieroclub.com

PFF
System Bot
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2003 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Well, I kinda like it.

yeah that is nice, looks good with the quarter scoops, kinda sets it off..right stance.... very nice

------------------

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2003 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
Kameo is right...with the scoops and the car being lowered, gives it a nice look. I think the 87-88 nose looks better than the bumper pad version too. Just looks more sleek (no flames, just my opinion )

------------------
Brad
86 GT 5 speed
Aren't all Fieros project cars?

fierogsmith

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2003 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogsmithSend a Private Message to fierogsmithDirect Link to This Post
I've been a fan of the Coupe/Formula nose on a GT for quite a while .

If anyone has a copy of the Michigan Fiero Clubs newsletter " Michigan Fiero News " , January '99 Volume 6 No. 1 . On the front cover is a picture of the " Silver Bullet " .It's a '87 GT owned by the club's historian Ron Treichel . It's been modified with a '87-88 coupe front end , side scoops ,decklid air scoop , lowered ,and with black Recaro raceing seats .

The car is absolutely stunning ! Wish I had the means of posting some pictures of it .

Galen Smith
Red '85 Sport Coupe
Founder of Suncoast Fiero Club
Florida Fiero Council

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2003 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86:

Kameo is right...with the scoops and the car being lowered, gives it a nice look. I think the 87-88 nose looks better than the bumper pad version too. Just looks more sleek (no flames, just my opinion )

Ditto

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2003 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Question:
Can you use the coupe rear facia (bumper cover) with the GT fastback taillights and roof?

Ira

------------------
The Iron Duke Resource Site

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2003 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monza76:

Question:
Can you use the coupe rear facia (bumper cover) with the GT fastback taillights and roof?

Ira

Well, I kinda like it.

Yep

------------------

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2003 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Sqoach, I wasn't sure, from that view, if it was the coupe rear bumper or the fastback. I have an 85 so it is not as modern as the 87-88 but it should still look really cool with the stock bumpers but the fastback roof. The problem is finding a fastback rear clip here.

This is the perfect style for those who are worried about the "ricer" look (no flames here please, I think a preoccupation with what others say is just a sign of insecurity, if you want the compact tuner look than go for it). I have no problem with the widemouth look, and it is more aerodynamically efficient, but the 87-88 coupe nose appeals to my sense of style.

SCCA FIERO, love your car, what size wheels and tires are you running.

Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 05-17-2003).]

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2003 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
The rims are 16x7 front and 16x8 rear.

Thanks for all the nice comments on my car. I pretty much built this entire car.

It started out as a base Coupe. Now it has a 2.8 V6 with a Miller-Woods Stage 1 turbo and a Getrag 5 speed.

And of course, it's nowhere near done

------------------

Blown '88 Fastback Coupe!

watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2003 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monza76:
I have an 85 so it is not as modern as the 87-88 but it should still look really cool with the stock bumpers but the fastback roof.

The problem is finding a fastback rear clip here.

The '85 back end (non-GT ribbed one) will not work with the fastback clip! The offset is wrong at the back edge. I'm almost dead sure of this as someone just recently tried it here (Duck, chime in!) on a there car and it failed.

If you're in need of a fastback clip - I am on the 'other' coast, but at least north of the 49th - I have one spare one here (just the clip, no dupes on the other stuff). Small crack near the top, but VERY repairable. Open to reasonable offers.

------------------
87/88 V6 5spd Notchback Hybrid

My page: http://www.fieroclub.com

connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2003 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by watts:

The '85 back end (non-GT ribbed one) will not work with the fastback clip! The offset is wrong at the back edge. I'm almost dead sure of this as someone just recently tried it here (Duck, chime in!) on a there car and it failed.

If you're in need of a fastback clip - I am on the 'other' coast, but at least north of the 49th - I have one spare one here (just the clip, no dupes on the other stuff). Small crack near the top, but VERY repairable. Open to reasonable offers.

It works fine actually. I just did it! Course I have since switched to the aero bumper.

PFF
System Bot
Kris Duck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2003 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kris DuckSend a Private Message to Kris DuckDirect Link to This Post
I've been beckoned.

My experience is with the ribbed rear GT/SE Aero bumper. I tried installing it on a fastback car (which actually had the coupe/formula bumpers on it). There's a bunch of things that have to be swapped to make it fit. Also, the ribbed molding in front of the side markers needs to be modified/cut off. If someone had found a way to do this without cutting or modifying the fascia, let me know. Also, I'd assume the 84-86 4cyl bumpers would have the same issues as the ribbed aero fascia.

Of course anything's possible with the right amount of work/money.

Regards,

------------------
Kris Duck

Little, Yellow, Different

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2003 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Any other cars?
Leper
No longer registered
Report this Post06-04-2003 09:35 PM   Send a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

This one was on ebay a while ago.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2003 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I thought I had a lot of these but they are mostly the same car

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

fierogsmith

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2003 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogsmithSend a Private Message to fierogsmithDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Leper:

Hey Leper , I folowed that auction on E-bay closely . If I had the money I would have bid on it . That is one beautiful Fiero . I really like how he used the front and rear fascias fron an '84-86 coupe , made it look like a Lotus . For some reason I like how it doesen't have a rear spoiler , gives it a longer look in the back . Makes the lines of the car flow .

Galen Smith
Red '85 Sporrt Coupe
Founder of Suncoast Fiero Club
Florida Fiero Council

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2003 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Galen, I agree completely, I wish I could find a fastback clip, I would have a wingless car much like the one in the photo. I like it.
my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2003 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Fiero GT 1988 2.8V6

my_fiero@hotmail.com
www.my-fiero.com

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2003 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

So what do you guys call this nose?? Is it the coupe/formula? Or just one of those? Thanks!

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2003 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post

Not bad, but I think a choptop would complete the look.

------------------

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2003 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
Very 308,

PFF
System Bot
ws6fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2003 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ws6fieroClick Here to visit ws6fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ws6fieroDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Freddy
Freddy's Place

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2003 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87FieroGTx:

Very 308,

This would be the first Fiero that looks better to me without a wing. That "PhotoChop" just completes the look

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2003 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ws6fiero:

I like the spoiler on that one.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2003 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Any more non-aero nosed fastbacks out there?
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2003 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ws6fiero:

Freakin' SWEEEEET!!

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2003 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Very Ferrari'ish

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I like it best. Looks like Lotus Esprit, I gave the aeronose away.....

Yes I agree, Lotusish!! I have always liked the 87/88 coupe/formula nose and it fits the FB very well.

------------------
86 "PoSE" Needs every thing but 4 NEW Tires!!! They ride better when new, not like after they sit for 3 years!
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock