Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  More from Germany - Prototype Products - Input Needed (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
More from Germany - Prototype Products - Input Needed by Songman
Started on: 07-23-2003 02:21 AM
Replies: 190
Last post by: MP5Na3 on 10-06-2003 11:44 PM
Phantom-Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey Songman, do you have more angles of this?

IP: Logged
Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post

Phantom-Fiero

416 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Also put me down for a 355 nose, PM me when you have a price figured out. The purchase is for sure anyhow.

-Phantom

P.S. Are you going to include the lights? I wouldn't want to put those horrible yellow lights on front.

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I have posted all of the pictures that I have at this time.. I will work on getting more. I am sure there will be options as to whether the buyer wants lights included or not. If someone is on a budget they may want a kit without lights. Lights are often one of the more expensive items of a kit.
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phantom-Fiero:

Hey Songman, do you have more angles of this?

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys... I've been in long communication with Stefan and hopefully we can start shipping some products to the US soon. I need more input...

1) Which products would you be interested in right now if the price were right?

2) Are there any changes that you would like to see in any product to increase your interest?

3) What would you like to see that you don't see here?

Those are the main three questions we have talked about. Stefan owns a production company in Germany and has the staff to create these items and more. He says he can easily turn out 5 front fascias per week if they are needed.

I can tell you that on the 355 nose, we will be competitive with Pisa. Our price will likely be slightly higher for a few reasons... better looking product, better fit, shipping from Germany. Stefan says that theis product is intended to be bolt-on applications. The only variation would be in the hood and fenders of your Fiero.

So.. what do you think? Here's your chance. It looks like these things are about to come available.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 07-24-2003).]

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
My Dad would likely be ready to go on the F355 front end nearly right away.

I personally would be interested in a lower diffuser or a refashioned rear fascia (I've already got nearly everything else modded on the car)

TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in the headlights if the price were right.
2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2003 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Songman, I'd be interested on the entire rear end of that car I spoke of in my previous post. The Tail Lights, the Wing, The Tail Light Housing, maybe even the rear bumper....PM Me if you have any more info...
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
I must say it is a wonderful sight to see some new coupe fascias...

couple of comments and a couple ideas...
first any info on how this is routed?

also can you get any pics with the wing up? i would like to see how it seals and such...

as for ideas... more coupe fascia mods, and perhaps more door/fender mods.... and maybe some new type of taillight mod? *shrug* just ideas good luck, and i love the products...

------------------

Fiero~Spataro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero~SpataroSend a Private Message to Fiero~SpataroDirect Link to This Post
I am definately intersested in the 355 nose if the price is right, but i was wondering if there is a kit for integrated headlights? i am not good with wiring so i would be interested on how that works
how much does pisa charge for the nose?

------------------

~FieroSpataro~
*click to see my Fiero site*

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
No idea on how that vent is routed yet. It would be cool if it vents hot air out of the engine compartment... More and better pictures will be coming soon since there has been such great interest.
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by Fiero~Spataro:

I am definately intersested in the 355 nose if the price is right, but i was wondering if there is a kit for integrated headlights? i am not good with wiring so i would be interested on how that works
how much does pisa charge for the nose?

The headlights will be available as a kit. In both cases, the headlights or the nose, wiring diagrams are included, as well as all needed parts...

The Pisa nose is listed on their site for $495+ shipping.

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Hey guys... I've been in long communication with Stefan and hopefully we can start shipping some products to the US soon. I need more input...

1) Which products would you be interested in right now if the price were right?

I would buy the headlight kit *right now* if it was available and not overpriced.

2) Are there any changes that you would like to see in any product to increase your interest?

I'm just going off of that picture of the lights, which I assume was the first prototype...but I really don't like that connector. I've never seen that before, and I'd much rather see a common connector that can be replaced/repaired if necessary (such as a weatherpak, deutsch, etc.). I'm guessing that is just what he used because he had it around, but I figure it's worth mentioning just in case.

3) What would you like to see that you don't see here?

Well, perhaps this isn't what you meant, but I would like to see more (and better quality) pictures of the headlights, a few closer shots of the front view particularly.

Those are the main three questions we have talked about. Stefan owns a production company in Germany and has the staff to create these items and more. He says he can easily turn out 5 front fascias per week if they are needed.

I can tell you that on the 355 nose, we will be competitive with Pisa. Our price will likely be slightly higher for a few reasons... better looking product, better fit, shipping from Germany. Stefan says that theis product is intended to be bolt-on applications. The only variation would be in the hood and fenders of your Fiero.

So.. what do you think? Here's your chance. It looks like these things are about to come available.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 07-24-2003).]

I really like a couple of the body pieces, but I can't convince myself that I can put fiberglass parts on my car in "high risk" areas like the nose and tail. I've seen FAR too many fiberglass noses and tails busted into chunks. Some companies are charging as much as a thousand bucks for a cool fiberglass nose, which I think is ridiculous, but I would pay that much if it was urethane (still about double what the ricers pay for their kits).

Just my input, take it how you want!

Bryce
88 GT

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Bryce... Some good points.

I will suggest a more standard connector for the light kit.

More pictures are coming soon. They will show more detail and different angles.

You were correct in assuming that what I meant by 'what you don't see here' means new ideas. Stefan really has a great setup for product development. I think I am going to suggest to him that people might like to see a 90 kit!

I'm glad you brought up the strength of the panel. These panels will have something that no US panels have as far as I know... Because these panels are produced in Germany they have to go through testing and be approved by the government. Each panel will come with a certificate showing that it meets certain crash specs... I'll quote Stefan here... "I can provided an Offical Impact test for the Polyester which proves by Impact testing of the German Authotities that the Fascia is rigid enough to take Impacts up to 6 Km/h without deformation and that the strenght of the design is strong enough to be fixed to Fieros with an Topspeed of 240 Km/h . These are the test I had to do for the Prototype which was on my black Fiero."

Hope that helps...

2.8-4spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.8-4spdSend a Private Message to 2.8-4spdDirect Link to This Post
I have been waiting for the 355 nose with the trim. I would buy one right away. Great timing because I will be getting a check from the IRS!
vortecfiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroDirect Link to This Post
I want this front end !!

------------------
84 Fiero Turbo Vortec 4300 Phantom GT
L35 block
Syclone Intake and ECM
T04B H3 Turbo
http://www.cardomain.com/id/vortecfiero

"Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

FPB GT3 Front Fascia and Wide body rear and LT1 Hood with new integrated Headlights

I love that GT3 Front Facia and integrated lights. I've often thought that the Fiero needs integrated lights to look more modern, and this is the best implementation I've seen yet.

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

Firebird Interior Installation Thread

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I love that one too, Jonathon. My Formula will be getting that treatment and will be used to 'show off' the body panels. It's about time something was done with the late coupe fascias!

Now if I just had a cool looking interior to go with it... like some people I know! haha

Fiero Outlaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OutlawSend a Private Message to Fiero OutlawDirect Link to This Post
Serious question here... Do you think those Nissan lights would look good with a GT Fascia?
MP5Na3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MP5Na3Send a Private Message to MP5Na3Direct Link to This Post
Will take a 355 nose. Hands down, no question, it is the best I have seen. I already have original ferrari lights so I wouldn't need those, but count me in for a nose when they are ready.

Thanks

David

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
This is not to scale or anything.. but I was wondering about the 300 lights in a GT nose too...

The cool thing, if the scale is anywhere close, is that the headlights line up with the crease in the hood.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 07-25-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
TTT Anymore pic's yet of the GT WIDEBODY'S..??
watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post

This is not to scale or anything.. but I was wondering about the 300 lights in a GT nose too...

The cool thing, if the scale is anywhere close, is that the headlights line up with the crease in the hood.

This *does* look way cool! But the only problem I can see, is that if you tapped anything harder than a feather with your nose, the urethane would deflect far enough to shatter the lights since they sit so far forward.

Does look good though!

------------------
87/88 V6 5spd Notchback Hybrid (coming very soon - Fastback conversion into a "FormulaGT")

My page: http://www.fieroclub.com

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I want that rear widebody !
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by watts:

This *does* look way cool! But the only problem I can see, is that if you tapped anything harder than a feather with your nose, the urethane would deflect far enough to shatter the lights since they sit so far forward.

Does look good though!

If youy look at the original pic of Stefan's version, it is sunk back away from the front line and actually has the hood contour around the rear of the lights. I am sure it was done that way to meet the 6kph crash test that all his parts have to pass.

More pics should be on the way. The original ones I posted were just to use as feelers.

I have a list of everyone who has expressed interest in any part and you guys will be contacted first when the details are worked out...

We are currently trying to get the full US Price list, better pictures, shipping details worked out. Stefan and his people will let me know timeframes, etc...

Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Where in Germany is Stefan located?
I"ll be in Munich in 2 weeks, if I have time I can take more pics or even a video of the car and products he has lol.
my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Fiero GT 1988 2.8V6

my_fiero@hotmail.com
www.my-fiero.com

my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroDirect Link to This Post

my-fiero

298 posts
Member since Dec 2002

------------------
Fiero GT 1988 2.8V6

my_fiero@hotmail.com
www.my-fiero.com

2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2003 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I sortof like the side skirt. Alot nicer to replace the GT Side Skirt instead of ADDING onto it. I love the tail lights and headlights, headlights still stick up a little more then I'd be comfortable with....When I get a new hood, I'm gonna try to make something. Did exactly what I'm gonna do for backup lights...Except I'm gonna be different. (Its a secret!)
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Where in Germany is Stefan located?
I"ll be in Munich in 2 weeks, if I have time I can take more pics or even a video of the car and products he has lol.

He has production facilities in several places all over Europe but I believe he lives in a little town called Rehling which is about an hour out of Munich.

His company is impressive! 135 year old company! Granted the Fiero stuff is kinda new to time, but they seem to be doing it right!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Are you one of the Road Rats, my-fiero? Looks like you have at least been to some of the same shows... I'm gonna have to talk Stefan out of a T-shirt when he starts sending me stuff! haha

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Outlaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OutlawSend a Private Message to Fiero OutlawDirect Link to This Post
Rephotoshop those headlights back farther on the GT fascia please... Lets see what this looks like.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
This better?

Fiero Outlaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OutlawSend a Private Message to Fiero OutlawDirect Link to This Post

This better?

Hmm, I don't know if I like it with that fascia, could you do different angles, and better looking lights?

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I believe for the moment I'll just wait on Stefan's pictures of the real thing... He's much better at making it real than I am at making it with Photoshop.
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Any way of getting Stefans ###
Im going to be in Munich for Oktoberfest.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't want to give his phone number out without asking.. but I can give you his e-mail address...
Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2003 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxDirect Link to This Post

"The Pisa nose is listed on their site for $495+ shipping."

F355 Nose as good as if not better than PISA nose for $350

I like this guys workmanship and some of his products. I am VERY interested in the F355 nose... but not if the price is outragous.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2003 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Looks like an exact copy of the Pisa nose to me... Better price though...

Anyway.... a couple of people have asked about Stefan... Here is a picture of the master himself.. haha... He's the tall guy in the middle...

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2003 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock