Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I need help (advice) on my engine compartment. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
I need help (advice) on my engine compartment. by Fino
Started on: 07-31-2003 01:42 PM
Replies: 41
Last post by: Fino on 08-03-2003 01:26 PM
Fino

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2003 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

I wanted to add my two cents. When I installed my engine I wanted it to appear as if it was a factory engine. I only used the same chrome plentum bolts from a 2.8 but other than that and the dogbone my engine looks stock although far from it. I got a 10 on my engine compartment as well. No real eye candy. No colored loom. No theme. But it was clean.

Bummer. Mine was absolutely clean including the compartment all painted.
??????

Ed

IP: Logged
Fino

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2003 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.8-4spd:

I think every body just about coverd it all I think Kameo Kid had some real good points about the "theme" of your car using the same colors through out. What you can pull of your engine and paint, polish or chrome I would, Not saying I would want to, but you may want to pull the engine to do the ultimate job. For the trunk I would take it to a trim shop and have them do it the same color of your interior, with carpet not the vinyl. I also think it would look real sharp if you had a custom trunk cover made. I would have a panel made that fit snug into the lip of the trunk, then you could have Fino embrodied into it, or you could have the same snake embrodied into it. Keep up the good work

2.8-4spd

I can't have a custom trunk cover made. That would have a panel made that fit snug into the lip of the trunk.

All of this from the top of the deck lid down......

Fits into this.

That means the cover will be below the trunk lock stricker.

Rebodys are a different bread.

EDIT: I do appreacate all the comments, they have been a great help. Except the tail lights. I keep the tail lights that came with the kit because I like the nostalgic look of them and did not want to modernize it. Believe me they were not easy to do. I do like John's tail lights on the Finale, that car is more modern looking than the Fino. The same with the front I used screws to hold the headlight covers on because that is what Lotus did.

Thanks for your help
Ed

------------------
Fino www.edstephens.com
Member National Kit Car Club www.kitcarclub.com

[This message has been edited by Fino (edited 08-03-2003).]

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)