Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Carbon Fiber Interior Components... I need your help (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Carbon Fiber Interior Components... I need your help by DKOV
Started on: 07-17-2003 12:40 PM
Replies: 206
Last post by: coinball on 12-10-2003 09:41 PM
DustoneGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2003 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DustoneGTSend a Private Message to DustoneGTDirect Link to This Post
DKOV:
I would like to buy the kit with the gauge bezels, radio/AC surround, and shifter surround. How much for the pre-production version to test fit?

Dusty@zianet.com

IP: Logged
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2003 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I am sure that a lot of hard work went into making these kits.
I cant afford that much
Keep up the good work, I have lotto tickets

Originally posted by DKOV:

The full Interior swap kits with panels, bezels, mounting hardware, latch mechanisms, vents for the dash, doors and center are $1900 retail, $1700 Pennock's Group Buy or lower with group volumes. They are straign bolt in kits and use all the original Fiero bolt locations.
DKOV -

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2003 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
how did i miss this thread?.... I think it would be really cool with the bezels. Also why not recreate those blastic things on the sides of the seats that hold the seatbelts. You know, the ones that always crack. I'd be interested in those and bezels. Along with the with the black piece that goes around the ash tray lighter.

Matt

------------------

JCW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2003 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCWSend a Private Message to JCWDirect Link to This Post
DKOV
Please don't forget the CF sail panel insert. The standard black inside panels fade so easily. CF would be a nice touch. Whatever you decide, we thank you for offering these products to the Fiero community!
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2003 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
DKOV... I havent been able to get back to you yet about my t-top... i have been working 10 hr days in construction and have been too tired to even turn on the computer... i will e-mail you later tonight and we'll work out the finishing touches and shipping details... thanks

------------------

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
86 Fiero GT - If you want to donate them to the cause, sure, I'll build you a set. That would be great!

----

Coolcat... hold onto that thought... I think I have a t-top liner now. No sense tearing yours up if we don't need to. Thanks though, you're in the bullpen

----

DustoneGT - We are not selling the test stuff. Just the finish products. The quality is not to par and we don't want any chance of a damaged reputation. Sorry bud

----

fiero go fat - Another winner!!! Great idea with the seat side plates. I see SO MANY of them missing and damaged. Good call!!!

Another hit with the cigarette lighter surround!!!

----

JCW - Sail Panel Inserts... I was wondering what to call those. Yes, they are on my list.

----

Nebrios88 - Looking forward to you email

----

Again, thanks for your feedback EVERYONE. I hope to have the sales list up shortly

DKOV -

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

DKOV

1564 posts
Member since Mar 2001
I thought of one you guys haven't yet...

Wing Stands. In one inch high incriments, up to say... 7 inches?

DKOV -

fierogt3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3Send a Private Message to fierogt3Direct Link to This Post
Yeah thats a good one, maybe even a replacement wing. Looks cool and save a bunch of weight.
DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2003 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
So would you guys pay around $200 for a mirror finish CF Headliner? 'Cause that's what it looks like small production volume pricing works out to. Not absolutely in stone yet but preliminary numbers in today suggest it.

The headliner is pre marked for the mountings for the sunvisors and the overhead lampm with the cutout for the 3rd light marked on the INSIDE of the panel for those that don't want to use one (no nasty hole).

Also... Here's some intersting twists...

We can emboss the Pegasus logo IN The CF!!! Imagine looking up into the CF Mat deeply embedded in mirror finish resin and noticing the ghosted raised image of the Pegasus laying dormant in the perfectly smooth finish.

Sound good? I thought so. No final word yet on the price of that option

We CAN lay in the words "Fiero" or "GT" or the "DMS" logo or even the Pegasus in the bezels for those that find that interesting and I'm working out a way to lay in CUSTOM TEXT for those that want a more personal touch

More news to follow. First headliners should be popping out of the molds here shortly!!! Get in line early

-------

86 FIERO GT -- Email me. I'll take you up on that offer to get your Northstar Valve Covers done in CF. You got a Free Set coming

DKOV -
dkov@pacifier.com

Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2003 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
DKOV,

Are you going to produce the sunroof headliner as well? I will order one of those as soon as they are available.

-Phantom

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2003 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phantom-Fiero:

DKOV,

Are you going to produce the sunroof headliner as well? I will order one of those as soon as they are available.

-Phantom

Yes... they are the next Headliner piece to come out. We did the stock liner first, the sunroof version 2nd and the t-tops 3rd. In order of exposure and usage.

I'll put you down for one

Thanks!

DKOV -

PFF
System Bot
86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2003 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
DKOV, put me down for a headliner, let me know when to pay. Also I would like to see the interior panels in carbon fiber to match the headliner. I think it would look very good to have the panels to match the headliners.

PS. let me know when you would want those valve covers.

------------------
N*,13" stoppers, 18s, completely rebuilt

1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2003 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a sunroof liner eventually, but for right now, I need to get me a motor, pretty sure I'm gonna go with a northstar. I didn't read the whole thread cause of being at the 20th, but how about the little things like: The seat belt caps on the wall, you know where the bolt is hidden. Seat belt locks? Embossing the pegasus logo into the Cigarette lighter housing? Light roof housing? Center console? Floor panels instead of carpet? Can Carbon fiber come in any other colors? Plastic trim inside the car?

------------------
If you liked my contribution, please give me a positive rating! ;) If you didn't, please give me a neutral.

In Progress Restoration/Hot Rodding of a 1984 SE, to be powered by some sort of motor from the GM Line.

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2003 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
DKOV,
On the headliners WITH the SR cutout, could the cutouts be included? To make a sun cover?? or is that in the works?

Hummmm what about the defroster vent in CF?? Just use the "left-overs" and drill a bunch of holes in them!

SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2003 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
hrm.. cf stuff.. my fav

CF center console (the thing you rest your elbow on and has the door on it) all the foam is rotting off and its kinda soggy..

How about door gaurds? that go on the bottom bottom of the door and protect it from chips, etc.

CF arm rests? CF sun visors? CF sunroof clip-in lip? CF rear speaker pillars (something with better access to the speakers) CF sunroof shade?

Soo many possibilties

Edit: Oh yea, a choice of DMS, Fiero blah, or the pegasus would be really cool, specially if its kinda ghost like... or the grain goes the oposite way of the rest of the panel..

James Z

------------------

- 2.8v6, 5spd
- no cat, msd ignition/coil, K&N

[This message has been edited by SplineZ (edited 07-20-2003).]

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2003 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 FIERO GT:
PS. let me know when you would want those valve covers.

ASAP of course

I got your note and am sending your reply...

DKOV -

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2003 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

DKOV

1564 posts
Member since Mar 2001

Originally posted by 1985FieroGT:

Put me down for a sunroof liner eventually, but for right now, I need to get me a motor, pretty sure I'm gonna go with a northstar. I didn't read the whole thread cause of being at the 20th, but how about the little things like: The seat belt caps on the wall, you know where the bolt is hidden. Seat belt locks? Embossing the pegasus logo into the Cigarette lighter housing? Light roof housing? Center console? Floor panels instead of carpet? Can Carbon fiber come in any other colors? Plastic trim inside the car?

Some of these things are already under construction. I don't know about doing entire footwells though

Other Colors... YES. The Carbon Fiber mat comes in quite a few colors and color combinations. For instance, one direct the fiber can be Red while the other weave going across it can be black. Or Purple and Yellow or blue and red or...

The question is a matter of cost and volumes. Color mat is more expensive and we have to buy huge rolls of it to make it cost effective for you guys.

So, yes we'll do them in color IF enough of you warrant it.

DKOV -

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2003 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

DKOV

1564 posts
Member since Mar 2001

Originally posted by revin:

DKOV,
On the headliners WITH the SR cutout, could the cutouts be included? To make a sun cover?? or is that in the works?

Hummmm what about the defroster vent in CF?? Just use the "left-overs" and drill a bunch of holes in them!

In the interst of using as much material as possible, out plans were to cut the SF openeing out BEFORE molding it up. However, a Cover is a very good idea. Does anyone have a few pics of the stock cover? Does it lift out or slide back in?

DKOV -

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2003 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

DKOV

1564 posts
Member since Mar 2001

Originally posted by SplineZ:

hrm.. cf stuff.. my fav

CF center console (the thing you rest your elbow on and has the door on it) all the foam is rotting off and its kinda soggy..

How about door gaurds? that go on the bottom bottom of the door and protect it from chips, etc.

CF arm rests? CF sun visors? CF sunroof clip-in lip? CF rear speaker pillars (something with better access to the speakers) CF sunroof shade?

Soo many possibilties

Edit: Oh yea, a choice of DMS, Fiero blah, or the pegasus would be really cool, specially if its kinda ghost like... or the grain goes the oposite way of the rest of the panel..

James Z

We were wanting to stay away from the padded areas but might consider it. Interesting...

Thanks!

DKOV -

SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
most of the "padded" areas in the fiero have long since rotted away.. hehehe.. now its just a bunch of soggy foam w/vinyl covering...

Arm rests I can see being problematic, your elbow rests on there, it could cause problems.. Maybe ill just mold some for myself and get them covered.. same thing with the center console..

Sun visors might be hard to get right.. but it'd match your head liner.. and sun roof cover..

It'd be kinda neat to have CF whatchamucallit.. the black stripe along the car seprating the top and bottom.. trim! thats it. That'd look pretty neat.. a cf gt tail light replacement would be uberpimp too

Maybe a better designed shifter plate? Those stupid little ashtray doors fling open and are totally useless.. Maybe something with a flip up area for switches? nos/foglights/neons/radfan/etc

^^ these things?

You have to pop the clip open and slide it in from the top..

the other piece clips into the front sunroof hole dealies.. keeps buffeting down.. mm cf

James Z

------------------

- 2.8v6, 5spd
- no cat, msd ignition/coil, K&N

[This message has been edited by SplineZ (edited 07-23-2003).]

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
What about integrating the A-pillar covers into the head liner?
PFF
System Bot
Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatDirect Link to This Post
Ill buy a headliner for a sunroofed Fiero, and maybe the upper part of the doors, and the panels around and under the doors also. I dont want to paint them because it looks cheap IMO. And could you possibly make fuel rail covers for an LT1 with Fiero GT??? Id DEFFINETLY buy a set of those.
Taedir

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaedirSend a Private Message to TaedirDirect Link to This Post
Gas doors?
Jays 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jays 86Send a Private Message to Jays 86Direct Link to This Post
how about a c/f sunroof replacement? could paint outside to match car and leave inside c/f (be easier to lift out to)
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
I'd buy a standard headliner for 200 bucks. I need to get a standard roof panel first (mine's got a crappy aftermarket sunroof currently and I want a solid roof), which will be done within the next year. Obviously I'd get the headliner simultaneously.

If Will's idea of making the A pillar covers integrated with the headliner was done, I'd pay double that price. I like the looks of the stock covers, but I hate the seams/overlaps, they look really crappy IMO. If you made *all* of the trim pieces (B-Pillar piece, sill cover, and the A-pillar/headliner combo) I'd probably pay 6 hundred for the whole kit.

As for any other CF parts I'd want, the N* valve covers sound cool, and any body parts in carbon would be nice to have/see. My car's all black with the exception of the wheels, so a carbon decklid would really set it off...the snag with that is it would have to have mounts for the wing, as I think a wingless GT looks goofy. I would probably consider a CF hood if it had a good vent on it (good=not ridiculous looking and actually functional).

Keep on truckin'...I sure hope you get somewhere with all this ambition so we can get some awesome products for the Fiero. If it doesn't work out, it sounds like you'll be broke from investing so much too, and we don't want that to happen!

------------------
Bryce

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I missed this thread while at the 20th, but I'm interested in a CF headliner for my sunroof 88GT. I have the beechwood interior, so I would like to consider an appropriate mat color if available. Don't put too much dependence on my order, however, as my budget goes from crisis mode to nearly manageable almost daily.

JoeLutz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JoeLutzClick Here to visit JoeLutz's HomePageSend a Private Message to JoeLutzDirect Link to This Post
I've made a few things out of CF like a custom intake plenum for a Formula SAE car. It is interesting stuff to work with. Just a question, How do you make the screw countersinks and under ashtray braketry in the CF trim panels? Thanks.

------------------

Nashco

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JoeLutz:

I've made a few things out of CF like a custom intake plenum for a Formula SAE car. It is interesting stuff to work with. Just a question, How do you make the screw countersinks and under ashtray braketry in the CF trim panels? Thanks.

I don't think they replace the panels entirely...they're just covers. Most of the CF panels are just a sheet that uses double stick tape to cover the old panel.

Obviously fiber reinforced plastics can't form the sharp corners and recessed areas, they do MUCH better with gentle curves.

Bryce
88 GT

Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
Is it legal to vote twice?

-Phantom

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phantom-Fiero:

Is it legal to vote twice?

-Phantom

I don't think there are any "voting" rules here

DKOV -

86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey DKOV, think there is enough want for some red carbon fiber. I would sure love those valve covers in a bright red to match the ones I painted. The northstar looks just beautiful with some painted covers.
shameless plug on the motor, pretty aint it. Let me know if you can get some red carbon fiber.

------------------
N*,13" stoppers, 18s, completely rebuilt

PFF
System Bot
DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
We do have some CF mat that is Red and Black. It's checkered with the Red Fiber going one way and the black going the other... Looks pretty cool!

I'll see if I can't a sample scanned in for you all

DKOV -

Nashco

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Just for those that are thinking the "colored" carbon fiber is actually carbon fiber...you may want to look into it a little deeper. Some of the high dollar stuff is a colored aramid in one direction and carbon in the other, this stuff is about 45-60 bucks a yard. The cheaper stuff is colored fiberglass in one direction with carbon in the other direction, which is about 30 bucks a yard. Either way it costs more than carbon fiber does because of the low demand. There isn't any way to "bleach" carbon and dye it, but fiberglass and aramid can both be dyed. Carbon is black...with exception to diamond, of course.

Just FYI so you don't tell your buddies you have red carbon fiber and get made fun of.

Bryce
88 GT

Mike Smith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike SmithSend a Private Message to Mike SmithDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in the headliners. How are the cut-outs for the overhead lights and break lights to be handled? I don't have either installed and would rather keep it that way.

Mike

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
The Headliners come out of the molds with the sunvisor mount points impressed in the piece but not drilled.. you have to do that.

The Rear Brake Light "template" is actually impressed on the BACKSIDE of the panel for you to trim if you need to. The front side (visible side) of the panel shows no hint of the piece or location for it.

Same with the Radio Surround.

Best,

DKOV -

Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKOV:

I don't think there are any "voting" rules here

DKOV -

What I really meant was to bring the tail light subject up, see if any other members like the idea.

[This message has been edited by Phantom-Fiero (edited 07-25-2003).]

neverendingproject

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neverendingprojectSend a Private Message to neverendingprojectDirect Link to This Post
What about the plastic cam gear covers for a TDC? I also like the idea of the plastic peice that covers one row of injectors.

------------------
Alan Frazier
'86 GT-'92 3.4 TDC under construction
'84 2m4 daily driver
'88 Silver coupe, auto For Sale

Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
TTT
grgoyl86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grgoyl86Send a Private Message to grgoyl86Direct Link to This Post
How about a Master Cylinder cover? Is that possible?

[This message has been edited by grgoyl86 (edited 07-27-2003).]

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2003 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
Do you need some N* cam covers to work with to make the molds for the CF cam covers?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock