Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Carbon Fiber Interior Components... I need your help (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Carbon Fiber Interior Components... I need your help by DKOV
Started on: 07-17-2003 12:40 PM
Replies: 206
Last post by: coinball on 12-10-2003 09:41 PM
wpgfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2003 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroDirect Link to This Post
how about some CF side mirrors?
IP: Logged
86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2003 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
I got him covered will. Hey DKOV if you do the trim panels for the interior can you leave the lower one solid with the cutout for the parking brake so us poeple that wont have one can not have that ulgy hole right there?

------------------
N*,13" stoppers, 18s, completely rebuilt

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2003 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Carbon Fiber...
Keep us updated please.
And pics please when you can

I think Jordans Green Fast and Furious beast would awesome with some carbon fiber trim

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2003 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
How much are the sunroof headliner's going to run..?? Any clue...

------------------
Said Hulki, "You had to look at the Fiero not as
a car, but as a process."

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

laffer98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2003 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for laffer98Send a Private Message to laffer98Direct Link to This Post
Keep me in mind for a Sunroof Headliner!
Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2003 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post
i think valve covers (suggested somewhere in this post) would be a really cool item...and multiple colors too.... "the colors duke the colors"

-Coop

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2003 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKOV:

So would you guys pay around $200 for a mirror finish CF Headliner? 'Cause that's what it looks like small production volume pricing works out to. Not absolutely in stone yet but preliminary numbers in today suggest it.

The headliner is pre marked for the mountings for the sunvisors and the overhead lampm with the cutout for the 3rd light marked on the INSIDE of the panel for those that don't want to use one (no nasty hole).

Also... Here's some intersting twists...

We can emboss the Pegasus logo IN The CF!!! Imagine looking up into the CF Mat deeply embedded in mirror finish resin and noticing the ghosted raised image of the Pegasus laying dormant in the perfectly smooth finish.

Sound good? I thought so. No final word yet on the price of that option

We CAN lay in the words "Fiero" or "GT" or the "DMS" logo or even the Pegasus in the bezels for those that find that interesting and I'm working out a way to lay in CUSTOM TEXT for those that want a more personal touch

More news to follow. First headliners should be popping out of the molds here shortly!!! Get in line early

-------

86 FIERO GT -- Email me. I'll take you up on that offer to get your Northstar Valve Covers done in CF. You got a Free Set coming

DKOV -
dkov@pacifier.com

Look again steve!

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2003 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
How about some pictures of this stuff. It would certainly help me make up my mind.
DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2003 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Pictures are forthcoming. We are planning a shoot in a week or so depending on scheduling. You all remember the Purple Pavement Eater from Archie?

Well, that car is slated to be our "test subject" for the parts and the photo shoot. It should be SWEET!!! All that purple, all that carbon

Stay tuned!

DKOV -

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2003 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Today, I was thinking of how I want to redo my interior and had a great idea/scheme (in my opinion). The following are the carbon fiber pieces I'd need (I realize most, if not all, have been mentioned, but I'll say them again to show there is interest.)

-Headliner w/ sunroof
-Gage surround trim
-Lower interior door panels
-Side vent surrounds
-Possibly dash vent/defroster piece
-Possibly cf replacement for map pocket interior carpet piece

I think there were a couple other ideas. I'll reply again if I remember.

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Just thought of something else. Maybe, you could make c/f deadpedal/footrest replacements.

But mostly, this is a bump.

PFF
System Bot
OutlawFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OutlawFieroClick Here to visit OutlawFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OutlawFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey, does that mean you have the PPE?

Tell me it is, and replicate that spoiler.

------------------
Help, Someone has lit a Fiero in my a#@!

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I thought of another thing I would like. How's about a Warber style hood with the vent already molded in.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
What avengador1 said
Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump

I can't wait to see the Purple Pavement Eater... how is it coming along?

-Phantom

[This message has been edited by Phantom-Fiero (edited 08-04-2003).]

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKOV:

DKOV -

is that Dash already Upholstered?

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Haven't actually started on the PPE yet... details first

-----

Yes, those interior pics are upholstered

DKOV -

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2003 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Any update?
DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2003 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Both the standard and sunroof headliners are being pressed out and water cut right now. Things are moving along nicely. I hope to have good quantities very soon. Pricing is still up in the air a little bit but we're getting it nailed down with every additional request and order we get.

The other parts are a bit harder to lay up and build the molds for but are coming.

Thanks and I hope to have some really cool pics for you soon

DKOV -

88fieroformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2003 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fieroformulaClick Here to visit 88fieroformula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88fieroformulaDirect Link to This Post
i wouldnt mind having a carbon fiber steering wheel column surround.
88fieroformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2003 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fieroformulaClick Here to visit 88fieroformula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88fieroformulaDirect Link to This Post

88fieroformula

662 posts
Member since Aug 2003
a carbon fiber steering wheel column surround would be pretty cool!
PFF
System Bot
Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
DKOV,

If you want, we can start a new thread for ordering the headliners. That way it would be easier for you to track who's waiting so you can price it.

-Phantom

Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post
I for one would jump on a chance to buy a carbon fiber t-top headliner!

Jim

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Phatnom...

That might be good but let's get a FIRM number before we do... that way the new thread won't be filled with the inevitible questions... "How Much Will They Be?"

Thanks for the offer... makes great sense, but more in a week or so

----------

JIMMY...

I don't have a T-Top yet to use for the template. The one I was going to get didn't work out so I'm still hunting. Until then, no t-top CF liners. Sorry

DKOV -

Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
TTT

Any updates?

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
The first of the production pieces for final approval has left the fab enroute to me. However, they have not arrived yet. Maybe today?

I'm hoping to see them momentarily

DKOV -

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
I know this isn't the official thread for buying stuff, but I'd be interested in a sunroofed headliner, along with bezels.
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
I have begun progress on my fiberglass t-top headliner...

DKOV if you are interested I could send you a mould, or one of the headliners for you to use for production... for a pretty penny of course =)

------------------

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Guess what I had sitting in my office today when I got home? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

You got it... a pair of very glossy CF headliners looking OH SO SWEET!!!

I haven't gone over them with a fine tooth comb yet but I did notice the dimples for the mount points of the visors and maplight weren't there yet. I'm sure that it because these are a "final" for approval but WOW... Do they look nice!!!

I'll get pics and let you know how they fit and if any changes are needed once I get them installed.

Are you pumped? Are you psyched?

DKOV -

[This message has been edited by DKOV (edited 09-02-2003).]

SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2003 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
Such a tease :P

James Z

------------------

- 2.8v6, 5spd
- no cat, msd ignition/coil, K&N

tjfennel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2003 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tjfennelClick Here to visit tjfennel's HomePageSend a Private Message to tjfennelDirect Link to This Post
I'm pumped! I'm psyched!! SHOW THE PICS!!!
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2003 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
Scott,

did you ever get that t-top headliner?
if not, then i might be able to help you out. i just purchase a t-top formula but i won't take possession of it for about 2 weeks. if you can wait until the end of the month i might be able to get it to you. first i have to figure out how to take it out without tearing it up.

toms...

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2003 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Toms...

Sounds good. I'm in no hurry but there's alot of t-top owners that might be

PM me for details.

DKOV -

Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2003 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
Weekly update bump,

(chant)we want pics!, we want pics!(/chant)

Phantom

fierogt3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2003 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3Send a Private Message to fierogt3Direct Link to This Post
PICS PLEASE....QUICK, IM EXCITED.......
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2003 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, where's the pics??? Damn, if I didn't know any better I'd think you don't really want to sell this stuff!

Bryce
88 GT

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2003 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Easy guys... I'm in the middle of my 11th wedding anniversery week (actual anniversery is Sept. 11th) with all the obvious goings on for the beloved wife. PLUS, my son's 4th Birthday is the 12th of September (this Firday) and his party is Saturday. On top of that, I am racing on Sunday and flying out of town on Tuesday for a week in Georgia.

Now... since I have so much extra time...

I'll just pencil the pics in at 33:30 AM Thursday as I see it's my next opening. LOL!!!

Patience... They'll be here.

DKOV -

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2003 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
congrats on 11 years, i'm sure you son will get a great birthday present, possibility a mini-355spyder.

are you going to John's?

toms...

------------------

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2003 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
How'd you know? Acutally, I wouldn't pass through that State without stopping and saying HI

DKOV -

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2003 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
just a lucky guess. why else go to GA.

are you picking up a car?

my t-top fiero is being delivered tomorrow, so i'll check into that headliner for you.

toms...

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock