Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Carbon Fiber Interior Components... I need your help (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Carbon Fiber Interior Components... I need your help by DKOV
Started on: 07-17-2003 12:40 PM
Replies: 206
Last post by: coinball on 12-10-2003 09:41 PM
coinball

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2003 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coinballSend a Private Message to coinballDirect Link to This Post
DKOV - are the CF T-top headliners available yet, or are u taking orders still?

------------------
Eric
'87 GT 5-speed Gold/Tan NOW with a 4.10 4-speed <- edit broke 4.10 back to 3.65 4-speed
3.1 TDC + other goodies coming eventually

SAVE THE SHAUN!!!

IP: Logged
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2003 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
could someone just give a link to page or ordering info on a dash top?

thanks

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2003 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
T-top headliners are not ready yet. No, I'm not taking orders for anything I can't deliver yet. I'm looking to get a t-top setup in the next week or so to base the new liner on... until then, I can't give you a firm date.

The final production headliners I got for the standard and sunroof versions looked pretty great to me and with a couple, I mean TWO, minor changes... I'm ready to start selling those now.

I've still got to post pics... sorry I haven't done it yet.

I don't have a "dash cover" but I do have the CF panels such as the main instrument, the aux, radio and shifter surrounds. I'm working on the mold for the cigarette lighter surround now. The 3rd brake light cover is due any day as well.

Others are pending.

Thanks again for all your interest...

The website is just about wrapped up. Still working with a forum member here that is helping with the design in exchange for parts. Still need a good "commerce" front end though...

Had a great 11th anniversery today. Thanks for the emails and well-wishes

Best,

DKOV -

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2003 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Bizzump
Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
Time for a bump!
Razor_Wing

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post
DKOV, PLEASE see my "I'm back" post . Thx! And check your PMs, lol!

------------------

www.freewebs.com/fierogti

<>{RazorWing}<>

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Are you still making the Carbon fiber interior pieces DKOV? I would be interested in something like that. PM me with info if you can. Thanks!

-Amir

------------------

Maroon 1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
Ferrari Red 1988 Formula 5 spd: 3800 Series II Supercharged In Progress.....

My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Where are the pics?

------------------

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
keeping this at the top
Razor_Wing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

keeping this at the top

thx unsafe

wildbill86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill86gtSend a Private Message to wildbill86gtDirect Link to This Post
I'm new to this forum. I own a 86 gt T-Top. I live in Beaverton OR and I would be more than happy to let you use my headliner if you still need one!
PFF
System Bot
Razor_Wing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wildbill86gt:

I'm new to this forum. I own a 86 gt T-Top. I live in Beaverton OR and I would be more than happy to let you use my headliner if you still need one!

Welcome newbie. I dout he needs one...but thx for the bump .

------------------

www.freewebs.com/fierogti

<>{RazorWing}<>

Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
DKOV, still MIA? Here's a bump for you to see. Throw us a bone, even if its bad news.

-John

[This message has been edited by Phantom-Fiero (edited 10-24-2003).]

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the bump all... I am still out of town and will be until Monday. I'll give you the latest then as I'll have a chance to follow up myself.

Beaverton Guy... Sure, let's get together.

General update... Production liners, 3rd brake light covers and cigarette covers are supposed to be on route now. Haven't seen them yet. Hope to see or hear the status on Monday.

Best,

DKOV -

sqoach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Back to the top. Need an update
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Bump...(yet again)
DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
The last round of "prototypes" were just approved and the first of the RETAIL liners are on their way.

I'm going to shoot some pictures and stuff when they arrive and looks like I'll be taking and filling orders within the next 10 days or so.

VERY GOOD NEWS

The 3rd brake light covers managed to pop out too so those will be available as well.

I know it's been a while, thank you for your patience... but when you see these liners...

I can't even imagine your reponces!!! They're worth the wait. SOOO Worth it.

The target price for the Liners is $225 but I am going to offer them initially at $199 for EITHER liner. Tecnically, the sunroof liners are more spendy than the solid linders even thought they don't have the extra material but DO have the complex molds... so the price will go up to the $225 point very soon.

3rd Brake light covers are $49 clearcoated and $39 without coating.

Cigarette light surrounds pricing is still being determined bit coming soon as well as a bunch of the other pieces we have been talking about in this thread.

Of course, if the numbers are high on the initial orders, maybe we can drive the prices down a bit on the retail offering as well. I guess it's up to you

So... in short... pics to follow and orders will be taken any day.

Thanks again!

DKOV -

-------

nitro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroClick Here to visit nitro's HomePageSend a Private Message to nitroDirect Link to This Post
Any final pictures of interior gauge and shifter bezels? Prices?

Saw some prototypes earlier... and emailed you asking about prices, never heard back though.

------------------
- Kyle

Fiero Quarter Mile Database
Fiero Image Gallery

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
The status on the four Interior bezels...

What I am doing, that no one else does, is to build the actual pieces out of CF rather than use adhesive CF "Decals" or overlays.

In the case of the Radio/HVAC surround and the Shifter surround, they have integrated recessed mountings that are not easily fabbed.

While I said that I am TRYING, it may end up being an overlay anyhow.

You see, the products I am trying to construct are intended to be complete and molded components. Super High Quality stuff.

When you see the liners, light cover and surrounds... you'll understand just how cool and better looking MOLDED CF is than surface coated stuff.

In any case, I don't have a final price on them yet as I'm not satsified with the product yet. When we have the "retail" version, you'll get it!

Odds are, they will be in line with the overlay products on the market already... only better

Timeframe? before Christmas I'm sure.

DKOV -

OutlawFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OutlawFieroClick Here to visit OutlawFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OutlawFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey DKOV motorsports,

I want to know when all of this will be on a website. Or do you have one already? And what is happening with your 3.4 TDC work?

fierogt3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3Send a Private Message to fierogt3Direct Link to This Post
atleast keep them at $199 till christmas if you get them done before then
PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2003 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Any chance that you can do an engine cover for the 3800sc?
DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
DKOV Motorsports website is happily under way. We let go the previous designer that was wasting our time and are now working with a new guy that has done some amazing work so far.

We are putting in a full commerce package as well as some cool product features and install stuff. Customer pages, etc. Should be really neat.

Done yet? Nope. It's coming though...

IF you guys could only see my schedule

TDC work is progressing well. Funny thing is, as much as folks say they want hop-ups and features for the TDC/DOHC motor... I find that almost nobody is actually willing to PAY when it comes down to it.

I've had several folks inquire on the Turbo kit as well as the Ported Heads and other hop-ups... after reading the costs they still say they are on board... right up until the time to write the check.

Hey, it's not a cheap hobby and none of us think it is but still...

Look at my prices. A complete P&P plus reshaping of the heads for a 47 cfm gain over stock... for UNDER $1200? Nobody can match that in performance or in price. I paid more than that to a now defunct company that basically ran a dremel brush throught he ports and called it "ported".

Anyway, yes all these things will be on the DMS sight including the 3.4L parts and services. I just hope that everyone's as excited about it as I am.

---------

Fierogt3...

They will stay $199 through Christmas at least and will be available by the end of next week.

----------

stimpy...

Engine cover for the 3800sc? Anything is possible. It's just a matter of cost and demand. I guess we'll see

That and N* valve covers

DKOV -

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
DKOV - You have email...

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Got it... and so do you

I'm checking to see if the price on the material will effect anything. I don't think so, but I'm checking anyway. It's a bit late to get an answer tonight.

DKOV -

OutlawFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OutlawFieroClick Here to visit OutlawFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OutlawFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey DKOV, I appreciate what you have been saying in regards to people wanting to "build" up their 3.4 TDC. I will on the other hand cut the checks. As everyone will see in the next couple of weeks when the exterior of "Outlaw" is complete. I have spent about 5 grand on my 88GT in the last week alone. My need is just some sort of contact besides the Fiero Forum. I really look forward to your website and then a number to get ahold of you. Because basically I'm debating between completing the Fiero for about 15 to 20K for the engine. I have a new 3.4 TDC block, and want to turbo it (450 to 500 hp). Or I will be buying a Viper (97 RT). Bottom line is I have a friend that owns a ZO6, and another a 94 Viper, and I want that kind of speed. I don't know about everyone else, but I do look forward to working with you so long as I can make this Fiero blazin fast. I run a succesfull gym here in SD, and eagerly await what your doing.

------------------
Help, Someone has lit a Fiero in my a#@!

86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
DKOV, I sent you a PM but you never responded. I promise I will ship you those N* valve covers monday. I had saved them in the box to be shipped and just recently dug through my 10 or so big boxes and found them.
The deal is still on for the covers?

Also mark me down on the list for a headliner, no sunroof. Let me know when to pay and where.

------------------

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 FIERO GT:

DKOV, I sent you a PM but you never responded. I promise I will ship you those N* valve covers monday. I had saved them in the box to be shipped and just recently dug through my 10 or so big boxes and found them.
The deal is still on for the covers?

Also mark me down on the list for a headliner, no sunroof. Let me know when to pay and where.

I think I had, and said YES Send them out. I don't know if you caught the responce. Un any case, the deal still stands...

In exchange for your covers, I will build you a free set.

Thanks

DKOV -

[This message has been edited by DKOV (edited 11-24-2003).]

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
How oddly things work out... Looks like we have a CUSTOM CF Headliner (actually is Carbon Kevlar) being delivered to a customer BEFORE the standard CF Liners are getting here....

In any case, heres a pic fresh out of the molds. From here, we buff and cutt each layer of clear and UV coats.

I'll add antother pic once the thing has been clear coated and at the delivered SUPER SHINY stage.

I'll let the lucky Forum owner tell you the rest and show you the installed pics.

Don't ask the price on this one... it was CUSTOM.

Actually, we did make him a deal but ANY of our liners, even this one, will be UNDER $300 with the standard CF liners going for under $250.

Plus shipping, of course

DKOV -

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
looks awesome...

what about t-tops headliners?

toms...

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

PFF
System Bot
DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

Looks great!

Rob D.

It sure does. Someone's one lucky Fiero owner

DKOV -

boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome, I just wish i had a t-top to
put one in! Heres an idea for you... i dont
know if any of the fastback people are interested, but how about CF turbo scoops?
Keep up the good work, boris

------------------
As bent as the Soviet sickle and as tough as the hammer that crosses it.

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
So, I guess we need to ask ourselves, is the Dirty Rat a solid roof car.

The answer is yes, then we have a good idea who that could be for

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
It's nice to see some progress is actually being made! There's been talk of carbon stuff being made forever by a few people, and lately there's been all sorts of *real* proof...sweet!

I'm looking forward to hearing that we can actually buy these, and for less than my right arm even!

Bryce
88 GT

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Just so you guys know... and actually HEAR (based on the emails I'm getting, you haven't )...

The redish hew to the pictures I posted is because it is a RED and black Carbon Kevlar weave.

The standard CF liners are the typical black/grey that CF is known for.

Just thought I'd point that out

DKOV -

sqoach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Very cool. I'll probably have to wait until after Christmas the way things are going, but I will definately buy one. Are you still considering making the rear firewall cover? I'll buy one of those too if you do.
sennyGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sennyGTSend a Private Message to sennyGTDirect Link to This Post
DKOV-
I'm currently waay to early on in my rebuild to start the interior but I just have a question out of curiosity.. With the CF healdiners, is it possible to have a CF moulded overhead light pod instead of using the old one? Just thought that would be pretty sweet looking.
CosVegFiero

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CosVegFieroSend a Private Message to CosVegFieroDirect Link to This Post
How do I place an order for a sunroof headliner?
Thanks,
Dick
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
** Bump ** for an update...

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

Previous Page | Next Page