Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Carbon Fiber Interior Components... I need your help (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Carbon Fiber Interior Components... I need your help by DKOV
Started on: 07-17-2003 12:40 PM
Replies: 206
Last post by: coinball on 12-10-2003 09:41 PM
a.k.a

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for a.k.aSend a Private Message to a.k.aDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CosVegFiero:

How do I place an order for a sunroof headliner?
Thanks,
Dick

Me three!

------------------

IP: Logged
a.k.a

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for a.k.aSend a Private Message to a.k.aDirect Link to This Post

a.k.a

176 posts
Member since Oct 2003
what about cf sail panels?

like on my notchie?

may work...

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2003 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Dropping a line from Thanksgiving bacation...

Just wanted you all to know that I'm getting your notes but can't respond to everyone until Monday after Thanksgiving.

Out of town until then

But...

I am working on a commerce based site for all of you to order from or you can just send me an email and we'll do it the old fashion way.

I take Paypal (prefered) and snail mail for your cashier's checks/MO, etc...

Like I said, I'll get back to each of you when I return. Besides, when I get back there should be a huge stack of CF liners waiting for me (you!).

Sail Panels... yes, we've thought of them and the inner panels too.

Back Splash area behind seats. Yes. thinking of that too

Happy Thanksgiving

DKOV -

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Hello...
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKOV:

Hello...

Hey... sup?

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero go fast:

Hey... sup?

lmao! you beat me to it ideas sound good so far

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
If and when I ever get the DKOV Motorsports website finished, you can order them there... but for now, you can order through me at dkov@pacifier.com, or IM me here on the forum.

Price...

Low, low introductory price of only $199 for the standard, high gloss, Gray/Black Carbon Fiber liners in EITHER the stock (as shown earlier) or yes... the SUNROOF version

Payment...

Snail mail official check/MO or personal checks, please no cash or Paypal. Personal checks will delay shipping.

Turnaround time...

The liners are getting produced now to build inventory. Even from scratch, as one forum member has seen, it only takes us a couple of days to build the liner. Add shipping time and they will be delivered anywhere in the US or Canada in less than two weeks, probably only a week.

These liners are super high gloss and are designed to NOT be covered with felt or cloth, although you could. They are built to BE The liner and look uber-cool. The near mirrorlike finish is UV protected for long life and multi-clear coated (cut and buffed between coats) for durability and shine.

They all come trimmed with the sun visor mountings pre-tapped/marked for easy mounting as well as the map light hole pre-cut. The 3rd brake light space is NOT pre cut as not everyone has them but it IS marked for easy and exact trim and fit.

ALSO Available is the 3rd brake light cover in your matching CF Finish!!! Price is $49 but is disounted $10 when purchased with your headliner.

Along with that, we've completed and have inventory on the Cigarette Light Surround. Pricing to follow...

Yes, we hear the demand for a MOLDED Map Light in CF... we're working on it. A little complicated so be patient.

We are nearly ready to go into production with the 4 main bezel pieces of the dash/center/shifter plates. We are trying to complete MOLDED pieces rather than sticky back covers.

Lots of other CF parts are forthcoming

DKOV -

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

DKOV

1564 posts
Member since Mar 2001
Specific questions

Rear Firewall covers...

Yes, I'd love to built them but I'm concerned about the cost. They will be fairly thick and expensive. The bold will be huge too and that is spendy. The real question is will I sell enough of them to justify the costs?

I'm open for input on this one

Sail Panels...

I'd very muck like to make them. In fact, the INNER panels as well for both notchie and fast back cars. They are definately on the list

Map Lights...

As posted above, I've decided "yes" but need to complete the conceptual stuff regarding the design and build of these highly complicated moldings and internal workings fab. Not as easy as just sticking panels to the thing

I guess we'll call it a feasability study!

Orders...

Get them in early for delivery by Christmas

DKOV -
dkov@pacifier.com

NMTodd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NMToddSend a Private Message to NMToddDirect Link to This Post
This sounds real cool. If you need help with the web side storefront let me know. I have 3 online stores running at the moment, each with around 400 (and growing) items that has the ability to accept PayPal (not that you'll want to use my store, but the engine behind it). PM me if you need anything.

------------------
Todd
86 Bright Red GT - 105,000 miles
Albuquerque, NM

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
wheres the pic of it SUPER SHINY? i wanna see. are you going to try and make a cf hood for the front with integrated vents?

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
I posted the liners to Ebay just now for a quick and easy way to order. In fact, I posted them for $10 LESS just to be nice

Here's the URL:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2446548569

Happy Hollidays!!!

DKOV -

PFF
System Bot
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Why does the rear firewall cover need to be thick? It should be about the same thickness as the headliner. I think it would be easier than the headliner, but I've never tried making anything. I'd be a buyer if they're around the same price as the headliner.
BTW, since you put that Ebay auction up, I'm really considering getting one now instead of waiting...unless you plan on keeping the price the same until after Christmas.
DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
The thinking behind the firewall liner is that it needs to be able to support the two ends through that smaller area in the center. Ever picked up a stock one? It bend there in the middle. So, we're building the top "sill" and the wrap down thicker to support that extra weight during shipping and handling and installation to avoid cracking or any kind. Plus, the added thickness to improve heat shielding from the motor.

Like I said though... alot of that is conceptual as we are trying to decide the best course of action. I'm sure there will be some trial and error.

So far though, it looks as if only 1 or 2 folks may even be insterested in getting one so that really precludes the cost. Unless of course, they want to pay ALOT for a one-time custom build... which they wont.

So... as I sais, we'll see

AS for the Rricing...

The plan now is to raise the price to our actual retail point at the 1st of the year. That should be $235 for the standard and $249 for the Sunroof version. So they are not going up THAT far, but up some.

We are holding the price down and breaking even now only to get the word out about the liners and show the quality and workmanship. After that...

Anyway, the $189 figure was a knee-jerk moment of weekness to try and further inspire some sales through Ebay. I really should have kep the price the same at $199 but I figured, what the heck...

They're all $189 for now. What's $10 when it comes to marketing?

Best,

DKOV -

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Dang...so there's no option to get one without a map light hole cut in them?

I was really hoping to ditch that map light, it's about the cheesiest map light around. I'd rather have a cord running to a lighted rear view mirror than the Fiero one! Really though, I had planned on ditching the stock light and modifying the sun visors to not need them for locating anymore. Any possibility of getting the headliner without the hole?

Also, aren't there any pictures of the pure carbon part? Some close ups of the weave and surface finish? Installed pics? LOL...pictures, I love pictures!

Bryce
88 GT

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Yeah. Any pics of the regular ones and such? I'm probally going to buy in the next couple of days regardless, but it would make me feel alot better to see atleast one picture of what I'm actually buying. Thanks either way.

By the way, I'm going with the sunroof headliner.

EDIT: in an unrelated note: YIPEE! Quarter of a grand.

[This message has been edited by Unsafe At Any Speed (edited 12-02-2003).]

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
I'd still love to see a cf replacement for the "belt holder thinger" on the side of the seats that is always cracked.

Matt

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Unsafe...

I've got pictures on the way
-----

Go fast...

Belt guides are on the list too!!!
-----

Best,

DKOV -

[This message has been edited by DKOV (edited 12-03-2003).]

Razor_Wing

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post
DKOV, I AM FOR SHURE going to get the headliner, just wish I had the funds to right now . All my funds are tied up in x-mas presents and me "new" engine. I will the spring or summer...will you still be making them then or do I need to order sooner? Also, put me on the list of the "for shures" for the rear things, and just about any other CF interior stuff .

------------------

www.freewebs.com/fierogti

<>{RazorWing}<>

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Razor_Wing:

DKOV, I AM FOR SHURE going to get the headliner, just wish I had the funds to right now . All my funds are tied up in x-mas presents and me "new" engine. I will the spring or summer...will you still be making them then or do I need to order sooner? Also, put me on the list of the "for shures" for the rear things, and just about any other CF interior stuff .

They'll be around for a long time to come... no hurry

Make a note though... the cost of the liners is going back up to around $249 after the 1st of the year.

DKOV -

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Ah! I have to buy one now. Saving $60 is just too good to pass up.
So, the way to order is just bid on the Ebay auction?
DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sqoach:

Ah! I have to buy one now. Saving $60 is just too good to pass up.
So, the way to order is just bid on the Ebay auction?

It's the most efficient way... I put 9 on there so that nobody will get their bid "upped" past the $199 I original stated but probably get them for $189. Another $10 savings

With the sheer number of orders and questions I'm getting on these liners... It's going to be the BEST way to ensure you are at the top of the list!!!

What have I started?!??!!

Best,

DKOV -

PFF
System Bot
Daniel87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel87GTSend a Private Message to Daniel87GTDirect Link to This Post
Were you going to post a picture of the stock color?
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Shipping?
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
DKOV...
I am in the process of making a new plastic t-top frame... (25% complete) not a headliner... but a plastic frame... the aftermarket would be nice... it would supply you with a portable detailed t-top frame (out of plastic of course)

let me know if you're interested... it will go to the highest bidder

Deezlfitr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeezlfitrSend a Private Message to DeezlfitrDirect Link to This Post

QUESTIONS FOR YOU...

What OTHER kinds of CF pieces would you like to see?

Thanks again and let me know your thought.

DKOV -

How about rear decklid vents in CF? Radiator surround? The list could be endless... but I've already placed my order for the headliner.

------------------
Deezlfitr
"Life is just a bowl of cherries... ya just gotta watch out for the pits!"

1986 GT/Auto (my first)

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
I really want a headliner, but I am concerned about the noise level. I don't want cabin noise higher than it already is because I will have a loud exhaust, and possibly an upgraded sound system. When I do the system I am focusing on having crisp sounds instead of deafening volume, so how do you think this headliner will be with echos and reverberation? Thanks,
--Bryson
DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daniel87GT:

Were you going to post a picture of the stock color?

I'm working on it. Of all things, the picures are getting stuck in cyberspace!!! I had the tech take pictures of all the different parts so far and send them to me via email... they are not getting here. We're getting some sort of odd "rejected" notice having to do with a SPAM BLOCKER. But only when the pictures are attached. Very strange... We're working on it.

They will be posted as soon as I get them.

Sorry for the wait.

Best,

DKOV -

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

DKOV

1564 posts
Member since Mar 2001

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

Shipping?

Rates for shipping/handling charges depend on the location of course but for instance...

UPS Ground to San Fransisco is about $20. Florida is not quite twice that. That is if we ship from the existing inventories here, which we get in bulk from manufacturing in Canada... if it's a custom build, it comes directly from manufacturing and the costs are more due to the fact it's being shipped individually from Canada.

So, as the volumes go up, the costs go down as well... less duty in shipping in bulk. So, as I've posted before, I'm planning on pulling all your orders from inventory here in the States, rather than ship from Canada. That'll save you all money!

Best,

DKOV -

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

DKOV

1564 posts
Member since Mar 2001

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

DKOV...
I am in the process of making a new plastic t-top frame... (25% complete) not a headliner... but a plastic frame... the aftermarket would be nice... it would supply you with a portable detailed t-top frame (out of plastic of course)

let me know if you're interested... it will go to the highest bidder

That may be just the ticket... let's wait and see how it goes pulling a mold from the actual stock liner for the t-tops. It worked out with the others. I'll stay in touch

DKOV -

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

DKOV

1564 posts
Member since Mar 2001

Originally posted by Deezlfitr:

How about rear decklid vents in CF? Radiator surround? The list could be endless... but I've already placed my order for the headliner.

Yes, indeed it could be

OF course, that's my hope

Thanks for your order!

DKOV -

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

DKOV

1564 posts
Member since Mar 2001

Originally posted by bryson:

I really want a headliner, but I am concerned about the noise level. I don't want cabin noise higher than it already is because I will have a loud exhaust, and possibly an upgraded sound system. When I do the system I am focusing on having crisp sounds instead of deafening volume, so how do you think this headliner will be with echos and reverberation? Thanks,
--Bryson

As I've done and recommended for folks to do, use a thermal accustic lining on the backside of the liner to deaden the sound and insulate the car. It can be purchased in sheets, or I can even start offering the piece as an option, for about $25 bucks or so. That will take care of you problem.

DKOV -
DMS

PFF
System Bot
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
or... i could send you a proto fiberglass one that i pull from my mold...

the problem with stock t-top board is it doesnt wrap up along under the sides of the seals... only the fabric is tucked under them but for a good fiberglass one it would need to cover where just fabric is

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
I made some adjustments to the Ebay Auction to further clarify the ability to order the Liners with or without the sunroof opening and the ability to add the 3rd brake light covers.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2446548569&category=6755&rd=1

Thanks again,

DKOV -

Razor_Wing

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post
I'm confused about the 3rd brake light cover... Ony your ebay thing it says "to compliment your headliner". Does it cover where the light is (like the fiero store and other places have that makes it show "fiero" or "Fiero GT" or something), or does it "cover" the plastic part on the interior? Any pics of the actual ones insted of the red?
DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
It doesn't "cover" the existing light fixture, it completely replaces the stock 3rd Brakelight Cover inside the car. The thought is that it is odd to have a nice shiny new CF Headliner with the old gray or brown or tan or whatever brake light cover that goes over it.

If you followed the post about pictures... I'm still waiting for them. Silly email issue not allowing attachements. But we'll get it worked out.

Anyway, does that clear it up or did I confuse you more? I hope I helped

DKOV -

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Can you PLEASE make this on the fly? My mechanic is installing my L67 and ripped out the inner insulation. I would much rather have CF than aluminum... I'll buy you the pattern if you can have it made for a reasonable price.
http://www.fierosails.com/heatshield.html

Please let me know at FieroGTguy@aol.com

Thanks!
Greg

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Can you PLEASE make this on the fly? My mechanic is installing my L67 and ripped out the inner insulation. I would much rather have CF than aluminum... I'll buy you the pattern if you can have it made for a reasonable price.
http://www.fierosails.com/heatshield.html

Please let me know at FieroGTguy@aol.com

Thanks!
Greg

First things first... let's get an accurate template for the piece you want, then we'll measure for material and thickness and any other special elements. Then we'll be able to plot an accurate reasonable price.

I don't think it will be a problem to build for you. How much time do you have? We'll have to make the mold based off the template, test fit if you want us to be absolutely sure of fit, finish and shipping... might be a couple of weeks or more.

I'm happy to do it though.

DKOV -

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2003 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Tic Toc...

FieroGTguy...

Any news on that fierwall liner?

DKOV -

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2003 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Tic Toc...

FieroGTguy...

Any news on that fierwall liner?

DKOV -

I was checking on things, and it appears that the engine is going to be installed in a couple days. I'm guessing that it would be a PITA to install after the fact unless there were slits madestraight down the piece to slide the wiring and stuff through. Since I don't have my car, you would just need to make the exact piece as the template, and we would worry about the fit modifications.

How much could you make a piece similiar to the size of the headliner for?

Thanks,
Greg

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Looks like all the ebay purchasers are in and accounted for as well as a few non-ebay purchasers...

There's still a few folks that sent emails or posted on the forums that wanted a liner that I have NOT accounted for.

I just want to make sure I get your liners pulled and ready to ship if you are still interested in getting them.

I figured out how to send invoices via Paypal so any of you that were wanting one but did NOT want to go via ebay or didn't know how to place an order, just post here or send me an email, let me know what you want, 3rd brake light added or not, and your shipping address, and I'll send you an invoice that is Point-n-click to pay.

Then your liners will ship out with this current lot.

Thanks again to all that purchased. Looks like a dozen or so going out this first time around

I look forward to some GREAT install pics!!!

Best,

DKOV -

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock