Best Fiero Body Mods by kirkio
Started on: 11-19-2003 04:34 PM
Replies: 60
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 12-05-2003 10:41 AM
kirkio

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kirkioClick Here to visit kirkio's HomePageSend a Private Message to kirkioDirect Link to This Post
What would you say are some of the best body mods for a fiero?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post
hahaha howabout a rebody? Make your fiero look like a Diablo!!!
kirkio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kirkioClick Here to visit kirkio's HomePageSend a Private Message to kirkioDirect Link to This Post
rebodies are a little too much money.. how bout lets set the price limit around... $1,000 or so.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm.... scoops, vents, air dams, wing extensions, headlights, rocker panels... that about cover it?

The Best mods are the ones that you like!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 11-19-2003).]

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Hmmm.... scoops, vents, air dams, wing extensions, headlights, rocker panels... that about cover it?

The Best mods are the ones that you like!

As you can see, all those mods put paint out of the budget

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com AIM: Naskie182010

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
All depends....mild or wild?

Mild...Archie's IRM rocker kit.

Wild...Fiero Warehouse wide body kit.

Daily driver or Weekend sports'r?

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by naskie18:

As you can see, all those mods put paint out of the budget

LOL - You are correct sir!

Actually, I'm planning on painting it 1st thing this spring. Although I do have some bodywork still not yet completed. But I did buy a 125000BTU propane garage heater, so I can at least get something done in the garage during these colder months! (heck, I repaired a rather disformed front fascia for a local 16 year old just last night)

kirkio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kirkioClick Here to visit kirkio's HomePageSend a Private Message to kirkioDirect Link to This Post
it'd be for dayly driving.

minn green, if you don't mind me asking, what are air dams?

i was kinda hoping that everyone could post their mods so i could see what i like and what i don't like. thanks.

also, could you please tell me where you can get these mods. minn, where did you get the rear quarterpanel scoop?

[This message has been edited by kirkio (edited 11-19-2003).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kirkio:

minn green, if you don't mind me asking, what are air dams?

Air Dam = "Chin Spoiler" - it's a piece that's added on to the bottom of the front fasia. In the case of mine (based on the Lawrence/Skitime style), it's made from the lower section of another fascia... there are some details on it here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20030204-2-027606.html

You may also want to look through this for some more ideas: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030531-1-025906.html

Do you have anything in mind that you already have seen, but might not know what it is called or where it's available?

yashmack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yashmackClick Here to visit yashmack's HomePageSend a Private Message to yashmackDirect Link to This Post
I would go with a new bumper, either your own design with your own fiber work (if you can) or perhaps a 355 nose (dont liek them myself, love K Munsons bumper though)

get some stage II side scoops, those are nice.

if you want more extreme, wide body kit, I want one of those.

thats about all I would personally change, that and a hood vent for the readiator and the engine bay. I like the stock wing and the body, all except the front bumper, it could be so much better.

------------------
SLAP, SLAP, SQUISH! (Penny-Arcade)

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
The Doctor (Robot, 1974/5)

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

also, could you please tell me where you can get these mods. minn, where did you get the rear quarterpanel scoop?

Here's my list as copied from another recent topic

From front to back: Skitime/Lawrence-style front air dam, Tom's Recessed headlights, Lexan Covers by KMunson56, JL Extractor Hood vent by Rockrawl, Wheels refinished by Precision Wheel Service using Ford "Honeywheat Gold", Roof Scoop by Fibersmith (no longer in business), M3-Style Side Skirts available from extremedimensions - based off RadRuss's original modifications, deck scoop by Fibersmith (also no longer availabe, but you can get a 79-82 mustang scoop that's essentially the same), Stage2 Quarter scoops by AusFiero/FieroShop Int'l, Wing Stantions by Fierowarehouse, taillights: my own custom design using parts from JC Whitney, Checker Auto, and Home Depot, Wood/Leather Steering wheel from AusFiero/FieroShop Int'l, Faux-Wood Shifter & Pedal covers from JC Whitney, and Legacy LCD & Sony PS2 off Ebay (installation to be based on Wheels1's design).

Future modifications to include TPI 350 V8 installed using V8Archie's kit, Intake system to be powdercoated yellow (similiar in appearance to California Kid's), another taillight design of my own, and hopefully some sort of rear fascia treatment courtsey of Songman/Fiero-Performance.com!

...I hope I got all my links in there!

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 11-19-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
webqaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webqazClick Here to visit webqaz's HomePageSend a Private Message to webqazDirect Link to This Post
I like some of the Lambo kits. That is if you have the money and time for one. But I like the ones that are on Californa Kids, which I know you have seen in person.

------------------
'85 SE 4 Speed
----------------------
No Cat
Holley Scoup
Holley Throttle Body

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
OK lets see if I can hit the Price limit set earlier in a post at $1000.

Side Scoops $8.00

Wing $35.00

F355 Nose $58.00

Tail Lights $51.00

Total Mods $ 152.00 Do I win???

------------------

86 SE Needs every thing but a Motor & Sunroof Seal!!! Now for Sale! $1200.00
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Web Master
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.com
Will entertain for SIG! Photoshop Challenged. Only you can help stop Text Sig's!

[This message has been edited by Kento (edited 11-19-2003).]

dasher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dasherSend a Private Message to dasherDirect Link to This Post
you win
best mods are what you like minngreen is right. i think a front spioler is a must, if you do the front then you have to do something to the sides so some form of side skirts then if you have front and sides you have to do something with the back! in set head lights i think make the car look about 3000 times better. but to each his own.
front $450
sides $400
back $500
hood $75
spoiler $45
i think i lose

------------------

86 coupe 3.0L P&P shaved, 4 cyl 5 speed
full Body kit ASA Rims
hood and light mods

Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dasher:

you win

No, I win in the Budget catagory only! I might win most creative use of bartering skills or how to recycle most effectively.

You would win on "Creativity" or the "To See the Fit"

I like to color you have shopped your car. When will it be painted to match?

dasher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dasherSend a Private Message to dasherDirect Link to This Post
my 89 crx si (winter car) is almost ready to go i have to but the turbo maifold on and but the intrior back in. as for the fiero i should have it of the road in a week then im mounting the body kit and filling in the seams then off to paint i hope with in about 3 months have the car ready to go to the next big indoor car show. lot's of work before paint. "i see the fit" thank you

------------------

86 coupe 3.0L P&P shaved, 4 cyl 5 speed
full Body kit ASA Rims
hood and light mods

Razor_Wing

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post
The ONLY body mod I got...right now (LOTS more planned) are the Turbo Windowed Sail pannes, check here for pics: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/035612.html

They are flat black right now, but I'm going to get them gloss black whenever I paint the car .

------------------

www.freewebs.com/fierogti

<>{RazorWing}<>

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Although I do have some bodywork still not yet completed. But I did buy a 125000BTU propane garage heater, so I can at least get something done in the garage during these colder months!

A garage heater??? YOU CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!

Ah well Even unpainted, your car looks good Rob, it was nice to get a chance to see it and to meet you at Fierorama...maybe we'll see your car painted in Topeka next summer?

As for my mods, they're here I have to make a page for the Pontiac radio from Kru and the subbox from Kent, as well as my raised wingstands....I thought I had a page for those, but don't see it on there.

Nick

P.S.
Wheels+ Tires: ~$960
Junk GT nose for air dam Free
Fog Lights ~40
Quarter panel for air intake scoop ~30
3" Wingstand extensions ~100

[EDIT]
Added wingstands
[/EDIT]

[This message has been edited by naskie18 (edited 11-19-2003).]

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
what fiero model are you starting with? for me i think of different things depending on the car, especially bettween coupe and fastback styles.
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Here are some of my body mods. Clockwise, Cooling grill on trunk, Engine viewing window, Trans Am vent put on front fenders, Meecham side scoops, Chin spoiler, driving lights in spoiler, extraction hood, removable rear window.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
History of Skitimes Car UPDATED 8-11-03

Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Here are some of my body mods. Clockwise, Cooling grill on trunk,

Ski, What did you use to make that extra trunk vent? Could you please PM me with the info if possible?

PFF
System Bot
skitime

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:

Ski, What did you use to make that extra trunk vent? Could you please PM me with the info if possible?

I made it out of a extra set of engine grills. Some info in my history thread.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 11-19-2003).]

kirkio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kirkioClick Here to visit kirkio's HomePageSend a Private Message to kirkioDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

I saw this before and really like it.

Now my next question is:
What color? I want an 86-88 GT and i had the following colors in mind:
Yellow
Maroon
Dark Green
Black

Also minn, where did you get your quarter-panel/rocker-panel scoop?

[This message has been edited by kirkio (edited 11-19-2003).]

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dasher:

i think a front spioler is a must

I agree.

It doesn't leave much budget left for anything else with $1000 though.

Greg

kirkio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kirkioClick Here to visit kirkio's HomePageSend a Private Message to kirkioDirect Link to This Post
well, the $1000 was mainly to keep very expensive projects like body kits all out of the topic, but what color do you guys suggest?
Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

well, the $1000 was mainly to keep very expensive projects like body kits all out of the topic, but what color do you guys suggest?

Anything but YELLOW!

hvneye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hvneyeSend a Private Message to hvneyeDirect Link to This Post
I vote for ski time's decklid
Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post
I still can not find this front end. Pisa i think makes it but it's not on there website

[This message has been edited by Oneredfiero (edited 11-19-2003).]

soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oneredfiero:

I still can not find this front end. Pisa i think makes it but it's not on there website

[This message has been edited by Oneredfiero (edited 11-19-2003).]

Yeah PISA makes it, even thoug it isn't on their website. It is called the scarab, and I forget the price tag but I believe with lights it is 1500 american... Call up PISA and ask them about it.

------------------

87 GT w/T-Tops
If you like what I am contributing, please vote.

kirkio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kirkioClick Here to visit kirkio's HomePageSend a Private Message to kirkioDirect Link to This Post
does anyone know where you can get the over-roof and in rear vent scoops referred to in this post? the post dosent offer much help in saying where you can get them, but i figured i'd ask anyway. thanks.
RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
here's mine

PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor, 5sp.
custom hood,trunk,side scoops,IRM front spoiler, dk.Shadow Grey

Bazooka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaClick Here to visit Bazooka's HomePageSend a Private Message to BazookaDirect Link to This Post
Couple of my scoops

tjfennel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tjfennelClick Here to visit tjfennel's HomePageSend a Private Message to tjfennelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:
Side Scoops $8.00

Wing $35.00

F355 Nose $58.00

Tail Lights $51.00

Getting all your Fiero mods for under $1000... priceless!

... sorry, I just had to ...

I really like the Aus Stage II side scoops and skitime's cowl hood. The chin spoiler is a great addition, too... makes the car look so much more agressive. I'm surprised, though... I haven't really seen many rear clip mods around.

Boricuasoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoricuasoyClick Here to visit Boricuasoy's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoricuasoyDirect Link to This Post

my molded commando spoiler unpainted but finished,

------------------
mod it until is perfect.

http://members.cardomain.com/boricuaso

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
ok, on my gt i'm using a mustang california high wing (or superstallion wing. unpainted pic in the general archives somewhere), one of sage's gt facia extensions, and i'm considering either gt window scoops (actually had them once and lost one) or aus' stage two scoops and regular gt windows.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by naskie18:

A garage heater??? YOU CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!

Ah well Even unpainted, your car looks good Rob, it was nice to get a chance to see it and to meet you at Fierorama...maybe we'll see your car painted in Topeka next summer?

Thanks! It was cool to get to meet you & see your car in person - the Fierorama show is a great one for getting around and meeting a ton of people. It was the first "large" show I went to after I joined PFF a few years ago.

The heater... After enduring so many cold & unproductive winters... it was a must. And at only $170 from Northern Tool, it is worth every penny (it only takes about 5-10 minutes for it to warm my 3 car garage to a comfortable level). And the other night I found that I can also use it to heat front fascias for re-shaping purposes

Now my next question is:
What color? I want an 86-88 GT and i had the following colors in mind:
Yellow
Maroon
Dark Green
Black

Hmmm... I'd probably avoid the Dark Green - nobody likes those cars

Really though, I still haven't seen any Fieros painted with the new metallic orange colors (only a Fino & a Finale). Also, I've always been a fan of rich blue colors.

Also minn, where did you get your quarter-panel/rocker-panel scoop?

Sorry, it was kind of buried in my post of mods & sources. They're from AusFiero/FieroShop International, they're the "Stage 2" side scoops. You can see those and more of his mods at http://www.fieroshop.com.au

And just to add to the front air dam/chin spoiler... Fierochic88 & Jncomutt have both molded in their front air dams - gives it quite a different look in comparison:

I had thought about doing this, but after recently having have my car dragged onto a roll-off flatbed truck - I'll be keeping mine as-is!

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Yeah that is why I always carry nose removal tools!

Here is a slightly different pic. While Jon and I both molded ours, we did it slightly different. Mine is countered with the trim line while his is flat. His body guy used Bondo and Matt and I used flexible two part epoxy (so mine has a bit of give). Overall I have had no problems with it except someone hitting it! But luckily it didn't crack the fill, it just scuffed the paint.

Jen

------------------

IM Username: FieroChic88
Silver 1988 GT
Silver 1986 2m4
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4

DarkRain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRainSend a Private Message to DarkRainDirect Link to This Post
Wow Jenn, looks really good!

Where have you been hiding?

My list of perfect Fiero body mods? Widebody GT with a choptop in 2002 Chrysler "Deep Charcoal" (thats what the 2002 flyers say)

Or uh, well, one of many of the cars on this forum

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Right, Jenn kept the body line, I ditched it. Hers is still together, mine is destroyed, LOL.

Well, it WAS Sexy!

Enjoy!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock