Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Daytona 2004 Slide show ! (over 250 shots)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Daytona 2004 Slide show ! (over 250 shots) by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 03-21-2004 09:53 PM
Replies: 36
Last post by: Michelhaugh on 04-02-2004 05:11 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
This path will play about 250 shots I took during the show. Enjoy

You can stop the slide show & go backwards & forward to check out any of the photos.

http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v70/CoolBlue87GT/Daytona2004/? action=view&slideshow=true&sort=descending

(After starting the slide show, hit F11 key for full screen view )

I had a great time this year. I remembered to use the sun block !!

I spent more time talking with other members & taking alot more photo's than past years. Last count I heard there were about over 104 cars. Maybe someone has the "offical count".

Heard less complants this year also. - Thats good. Thanks to all the Suncoast & Space coast clubs planning a very well run show. Thank you Frank & all the rest.

Why people started leaving so early Saturday was kind of strange. Expected more to come back on Sunday, Next year maybe more can be talked into doing so. I like going back on sunday, so I can check out the rest of the show & parts for sale. We spend so much time preping our cars, we miss out on the rest of show. Many vendors are eager to make a deal, instead of hauling it back home.

On Sunday, I bought some neat key rings & some other trinkets that were more on Saturday.

Saw many really fine cars this year. As always, meeting old & making new friends are why I love attending this show. I heard so many stories about each members car, the pride each has shines right through.

Here's a few shots to get you going

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 03-22-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mattm

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattmSend a Private Message to mattmDirect Link to This Post
I looked through the whole thing. Thanks for all the pics, wish i could have been there.

Matt

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Dave,

I've been waiting like a kid on Christmas for some pics from Daytona...Finally!!

- Jonathan

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Great slide-show. Too bad Washington is so far away...need to find a rich friend to transport my car down so I can fly...lol

One of these days I will make it to this event.

RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
whose car is this and any more pics? what type of interior? and fastback or natchback?

------------------

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RadRuss:
whose car is this and any more pics? what type of interior? and fastback or natchback?

paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics Dave. We didn't get a chance to meet this weekend, but I loved your car. Did you happen to like the IMSA car?

This thread was posted when I got home and I added my own collection from the weekend. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/039617.html

Paul

(edited cuz I forgot the link)

[This message has been edited by paulcal (edited 03-21-2004).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I'm little disappointed that 246 pics and none of FieroLisa
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paulcal:
Thanks for the pics Dave. We didn't get a chance to meet this weekend, but I loved your car. Did you happen to like the IMSA car?

Yes, I liked the IMSA car. We were at the track Sunday playing with it. We took a whole bunch of pic's with members cars around it.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 03-21-2004).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

CoolBlue87GT

8440 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by jscott1:

I'm little disappointed that 246 pics and none of FieroLisa

Yeah, I missed her, never saw her. 8<(

UFO!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UFO!Send a Private Message to UFO!Direct Link to This Post
Who's bright red GT is that around pic 205? Its the one with the front lip and the FL plates. Very nice!
PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Hey I know that yellow car, it's one of my customers! Good to see they made the long haul for Daytona!

Thank's for the pics CoolBlue!

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
UFO
The red car is REDGT (I think), his name is Craig and he won best of show is his class, his car looks amazing, plus he is a really cool guy to talk to. He also won best of show in Michigan so that should give you an idea how great that car looks.

Radruss
That car came out in magazines a while back, it was done in Russia. It used to be red before and the guy redid the whole car again, it is a fastback and everthing on the car has been change. The paint on it was excellent, it had 19s in the back and 18 in the frt, frt air suspension, and it had more lights than any other car I had seen.
I saw it last night at the hotel where they had the award ceremony and also at the show, to say the least the car car draw a lot of people. The car won best in class.

stevegibbs

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2004 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stevegibbsSend a Private Message to stevegibbsDirect Link to This Post
Lisa didnt' go. Jeez people.

And why are there speakers in the trunk of the Pirannha? Like how does one hear those?

[This message has been edited by stevegibbs (edited 03-23-2004).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The Pyranha has and always will be my favorite rebody. It looks way better than the pictures in the archives. Amazing job. If someone were to splash that car and sell a fiberglass kit they would be millionaires in about 10 minutes.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-22-2004).]

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

The Pyranha has and always will be my favorite rebody. It looks way better than the pictures in the archives. Amazing job.

Yep, I never cared for the pics of it in red, but in that blue guise, absolutely incredible!! WOW!

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
from what i heard, Lisa was there.

She got to drive X at focoa 02. bwahahaha

Next.

Pontiac Boi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pontiac BoiSend a Private Message to Pontiac BoiDirect Link to This Post
That blue car is by far my fav Fiero now

My fav Corbeau seats, and my planned dream Caddy N*, if only I had money... or connections...

RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
anyone know where he got his dash? the russian dude

------------------

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the link Dave! Great Photos.
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post

Just in case you guys didn't recognize this car, it was once red and formally called the "Pirana". I got to talk to the builder/owner for quite a bit and found out a lot about his creation/work-of-art.

For all those who want his interior, there is good news and bad news...

The GOOD news is he still has the molds for the interior.

The BAD news is it requires molding 70 different pieces then assembling them to recreate it.

The Other BAD news is as follows:
- The door panels are about four inches higher than the stock Fiero door panels. Therefore, for the door panels to look right, you would need his exterior body kit as well.
- While he has the interior molds, he no longer has the molds for the exterior of the car.
- He has no plans for reproducing the interior.

On the brighter side, I mentioned Pennock's to him and he seemed interested in joining and discussing his creation to all of us. Hopefully, we'll be hearing from him soon.

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004

PFF
System Bot
Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCDirect Link to This Post

anyone know where he got his dash? the russian dude

He made everything on the car by hand, himself. I don't know if he made another interior from the last time I saw it, or if he re-did the old one. It looks like the same style, but the orginal was vinyl or leather.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Great pics, Dave!
Thanks for putting them up. Gives me something to look forward to, next year.

Does anyone have any better pics of the dark green SE, sitting next to the yellow one?
It belongs to a friend of mine (Don Hulse) who isn't on the net.
I'm sure he would appreciate it.

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe...........

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics. As some of you know, my throttle cable seized up on me in Melbourne and I was a no show. I do have a pic of my car on the tow truck, but my camera and car are still in Melbourne until this weekend. Well there are only 362 days til the next Daytona show and I WILL be there.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Anybody have the story on the car in Dave's photos #22-#24? It says 4.3 Diesel?!
Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Anybody have the story on the car in Dave's photos #22-#24? It says 4.3 Diesel?!

He had it lying around and installed it. Came out of an Olds he had. It real real quiet too. But for the life of me I can't figure out how he changes the spark plugs!!!!

------------------

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieroshttp://www.centralfloridafieros.com

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2004 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
I probably have a pic of the Green notchie because he and I have just about the same color on our cars. I will dig through my camera and see what I can find.

------------------
--Dillon

Green 1987 GT 5spd
Black 1987 SE V6 Auto rusting in peace

"And this one time, on the Fiero Forum..."

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

He was a nice guy, When I heard him drive into the hotel, I went over to talk with him. I asked about the Diesel, he started telling me about a post that some guy named CoolBlue started a few years ago on Pennocks about putting a Diesel in a Fiero !!

I stood there with mouth wide open, surprized. I ask him if he knew who I was. He said no

I interduced myself as CoolBlue, he got the same surprized look I'd had. We then laughed about it & started talking about the installation.

In that post, we'd exchanged ideas and he kepted update it with his progress over the few months/year he worked on it.

It was really neat hearing about the steps he took in creating it. Was cool meeting a on-line friend.

Glad he didn't start by saying "some idiot coolblue started......" lol

I met his wife also, they both were nice people. She was into the Fiero & the conversion. She started answering questions for other people that were comming over to check it out.

------------------

More photos, http://www.centralfloridafieros.com/index.php?page=cb87

Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterDirect Link to This Post
Great pix, thanks for posting! Love the blue car's interior, and the red GT with the shortened 1/4 window look. very unique! anyone have more pix of either the pirana interior or red gt ext? Might get inspired do some custom fiberglassing

[This message has been edited by Spyhunter (edited 03-23-2004).]

Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2004 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

HOLY CRAP! That is the best original rebody EVER!

rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincDirect Link to This Post
Dave,
Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures, it's nice to get the chance to see the Daytona
show. For some of us that live on the other side of the country it isn't easy to make some of the bigger shows back there. It is very much appreciated. I personally took the time to look at every one of the photos. Great job. Thanks again
Bob
PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Nice pics Dave. Took forever to view them all on my slow dialup
Thanks for sharing.

------------------

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Dave

Great set of photos

Frank

Woody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WoodySend a Private Message to WoodyDirect Link to This Post

Grand Prix Lights?
B&BSpyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for B&BSpyderClick Here to visit B&BSpyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to B&BSpyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Woody:

Grand Prix Lights?

Yes Grand Prix lights.
Bill

Woody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WoodySend a Private Message to WoodyDirect Link to This Post
Not My Style But Neat Idea!
Michelhaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
For the story on the DieselFiero, go to https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/034219.html

DieselFiero

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock