Firebird Door Panel progress by Wholf
Started on: 03-30-2004 11:33 PM
Replies: 52
Last post by: Wholf on 04-15-2004 08:59 AM
Wholf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

If I wreck my car THAT bad, I want to die, anyway.

Roy, I know how you feel, but don't be saying/thinking stuff like that..... Its just to eeeerrrrryy to even think about!
I wish the best for everyone out here, but if an accident happens, I wish the best for the people in the car.

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold
308 Rebody on 85GT Chassis
Custom 2000 Firebird Interior
3800SC 3.4 Pulley w/WCF Headers & Reprogrammed PCM
Complete Suspension & Brake Upgrade

IP: Logged
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wholf:

Roy, I know how you feel, but don't be saying/thinking stuff like that..... Its just to eeeerrrrryy to even think about!
I wish the best for everyone out here, but if an accident happens, I wish the best for the people in the car.

You DID catch the "wink", didn't you? Of course I was kidding. The remark was more reflective on the amount of my soul that was poured into the project than anything else. Since I've already done one, I'm sure I could do a second one much faster and better.

Regarding the modified brace, I really didn't give the slots that much thought. At the time I was more concerned with alignment than what the slots were originally intended to do. My thought at the time was that they are for alignment differences from car to car. If one has a frontal impact of sufficient magnitude to dislodge your steering column out of the brace, chances of walking away unharmed are slim anyway. But, let's not dwell on THAT!

Roy

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Woops..... I am still trying to get the image of my steering column plunged into my chest out of my head
As I said I know what you mean/meant. I am just glad my wife is computer dumb and isn't reading this. She already thinks I am going to get killed in it. That 3800SC newness hasn't worn of yet, (if you know what I mean) and I have only put about 800 miles on it since I got the car from FastFieros. The car has spent more time sitting on jack stands then actually sitting on pavement.
Well time to go home and work on her some more (stereo stuff...uugh).
Later

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wholf: The car has spent more time sitting on jack stands then actually sitting on pavement.

My car is the same way... It just came down off the jack stands after 6 months and boy it felt good to be behind the wheel of a Fiero again. But I nearly dislodged my arm trying to shift into first. I think my slave cylinder is about to give up the ghost. I have a new one on order, hope to have it installed before I head to San Antonio.

And I just got lucky on the steering column brace, I really didn't think about it, except to keep the orientation the same as it originally was.

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Well we got the stereo in tonight and the door panel speakers in. Stuart Lowery is going to build the rear speaker boxes tomorrow while I am at work.
I hope to have everything put back in by Thursday so we can head to SanAntonio Friday evening.......

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

The car has spent more time sitting on jack stands then actually sitting on pavement.

At least you guys have driven yours. I've had mine for a year and a half and I've only driven around the block once.

Harold: Let's see how you and Stuart are doing the boxes. I've been working on that in the back of my head, but I'm not sure yet.

BTW, shouldn't Stuart be working on his dash???

Bob

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Harold: Let's see how you and Stuart are doing the boxes. I've been working on that in the back of my head, but I'm not sure yet.

BTW, shouldn't Stuart be working on his dash???

Bob

Bob, this is going to be a rush job due to the fact we are trying to get things mounted for the trip to SanAntonio this weekend. I am sure Stuart will do one heck of a job with the time he has to do it in. Him and Will-Martin take as much pride in doing things on my car as I do.
The boxes will not be that big.... I am not one of those interested in trying to blow my windows out, or crack the pavement at a stop light. I just like a nice sounding system to occasionally listen to some music with. If Stu had it his way, my back cabin wall would be nothing but woofers and amps
As far as Stu's dash, he just got moved into his new house and is still getting situated. So in the mean time he is helping out a couple of us down here with some wiring while he is on vacation.

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Wholf

379 posts
Member since Mar 2003

At least you guys have driven yours. I've had mine for a year and a half and I've only driven around the block once.

Bob

I do feel your pain..

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2004 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Ok here is what I have gotten accomplished, and this is what is going to SanAntonio for all the Southern guys and gals to see...

Stuart got the sub boxes built and they are great, but a little to thick because he has Camaro seats in his Fiero... there will be design changes before WheatStock!

These are the door panels I paid $500.00 to have capped and redone.. I think they look good!

Continued....

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2004 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Wholf

379 posts
Member since Mar 2003
Continued from above.....

The rest are pictures for you to view of the interior and stereo system we just finished installing...
Please, please, please be constructive of any coments you might have, I have worked on this project for over a year and a half. Also to let you know, my dash is not orange. It is just the way it shows up in the pictures. Thanks for looking.

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2004 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Looks sweet. One nice looking setup!

------------------

Maroon 1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
Ferrari Red 1988 Formula 5 spd: 3800 Series II Supercharged In & Running.....

My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/
CarDomain Website: http://www.cardomain.com/id/rare87gt

PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2004 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Really looks awesome, Harold. Two thumbs up.

Now for the questions

Is the aux power jack useable on the passenger side of the console? It looks like the depth would prevent you from having it functional?

Need more info on your back speaker boxes: How deep? What size speaker? Etc... Depth is a problem for me because I need my seat all the way back.

Great job.

Bob

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2004 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Really looks awesome, Harold. Two thumbs up.

Now for the questions

Is the aux power jack useable on the passenger side of the console? It looks like the depth would prevent you from having it functional?

Need more info on your back speaker boxes: How deep? What size speaker? Etc... Depth is a problem for me because I need my seat all the way back.

Great job.

Bob

Bob, the power jack is fully functional. With the height of my console, I was able to find a spot where it fit right in. It was tight, but it works.
As far as the boxes go, Stuart could probably give you more info right now. He has Camaro seats in his car and they are not as thick as mine. He used his car as a template, but when we put them in mine they don't fit the same. So when we get back from SanAntonio, he will get those boxes and we will build more for my car. You may want to price out some Camaro seats if space is going to be a problem, they look just like Fiero seats but sit a little lower, and are not designed the same in the lower back part of the seat.
The rear speakers are 6" Diamonds that a friend gave me, and by using cross overs we have them setup as subs. It really sounds nice, and Stu said it would sound even better if I put an Amp in it. May look into that when they are redone...
Hope this helped.

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)