Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
   Pennocks people, help me choose rims (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Pennocks people, help me choose rims by jelly2m8
Started on: 06-20-2004 08:50 PM
Replies: 90
Last post by: 86_FiErO_GT on 08-29-2004 07:56 PM
Voided

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoidedSend a Private Message to VoidedDirect Link to This Post
may I just state the wheelmax.com is cool too? lol

I've been looking at a few exel wheels, nice and cheap, too.

those blades?
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

17's, And 18's.

I've no idea on the backspacings, but hey, they're great looking wheels.

(Page 3, owned!)

[This message has been edited by Voided (edited 08-18-2004).]

IP: Logged
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Now if I can make a suggestion or two on rims.... How about something like this!?

With the way Pennock's loads stuff now, I'll be nice to the Dial-Up guys.. People with broadband will definately wanna use the IMG links...

Just my opinion!

--- Goobz!

------------------
"Real American Heroes - Today we solute you, Mr. Ford Truck Towing A Fiero Guy. When most people don't even know what a Fiero is, let alone just where the motor is, you seem to somehow fit right in. You see the looks people give to that car with the PIAA light conversion, the 2" drop springs, big scoops on the hood, and the 19" tires that are bigger than the car itself, and get a kick out of their reactions. You get all warm and gooshy inside by knowing you help out children in need by putting smiles on their faces, whenever you drive by with that car on the trailer all lit up with neon. A car that isn't made anymore, is kept alive by being the prize posession of most of their owners who spend 5 times more than what they paid for them to gain a few more horsepower, and loose a couple seconds off their 1/4 mile, and spend many of nights sleeping "in the dog house" because of it. You help them save their paychecks on tow bills by being the "Fieros West & WCF Support Vehicle". So crack open a drink, Fiero Tower Guy, and know that the Fiero community appreciates your participation & support. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be able to show Corvettes and Porches just how Mean the "M" in 2M6 can get!

[This message has been edited by FordsNeverDie (edited 08-19-2004).]

Voided

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoidedSend a Private Message to VoidedDirect Link to This Post
Idunno man. those extra 5 lb a wheel for chrome just doesn't do it for me.

perhaps if I drove a 60's musclecar Complete with chrome trim, or ect I'd think differently, but stock, the fiero doesn't have One chrome part on it, Not One. give me Black or silver wheels please, and make them Light! = )

I want my car to ride better, run faster, and corner better! lol

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
not a fan of chrome
i like these
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

those look great. I was looking for this thread a few weeks ago to see if you ever got them. Glad you like what you picked.

Few questions.

It looks like you went with 17's front and rear. Did you get 7" wide for the rear too? or did you get 8" in the rear?

I really want to run a 7" front and 8" rear. The Apex has a 17" in 45mm offset and also an 18x8" with a 35mm offset. The 18" is only $100 each right now. So thats just under $550 for a 17/18 combo in a good offset that sits a little wider than stock. Thats for the apex.

Now the sting looks good too. and its available in 17x7" with the 50mm offset. and 18"x8" with a 35mm offset, but its so much more expensive. Its over $200 more for the wheels alone.

Whats the finish like on the apex? It's called a hyper silver on the website. How close is it to a polished look? Or is it more of a painted silver look? I need to start selling some junk so I can get some NICE wheels.

I sent you a PM Joe.

88GTAL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTALSend a Private Message to 88GTALDirect Link to This Post
Very nice wheels Anthony. It really sets the car off nice. Wheels change the whole look of a car, which is a great looking car as well. I remember how much fun you had at Dave's cleaning the lips of the stock wheels on the black 88. I think it took two days, didn't it? ; ) Al
88GTAL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTALSend a Private Message to 88GTALDirect Link to This Post

88GTAL

91 posts
Member since Aug 2002
Oh ya, is there a simple description of offset. What is the 45mm measured from. Thanks Al
86_FiErO_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_FiErO_GTClick Here to visit 86_FiErO_GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to 86_FiErO_GTDirect Link to This Post
MOTEGI DPK its the sickest rim out their http://www.motegiracing.com/wheels/details.asp?wheelid=44&name=DPK Chrome&style=2016&desc=§ion=
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Hey Al, good to hear from ya buddy! Wheel offset is the difference from the mounting point to the spindle and the center of the rim width.

http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html#backspace

Al, I didn't forget about that guage cluster housing, well I did, I still have it to send to you, I have a headlight motor I been meaning to send aus for just as long... It's just been a hectic summer at work for me.

Voided

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2004 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VoidedSend a Private Message to VoidedDirect Link to This Post
gimmie a break... 23 pounds a wheel?
86_FiErO_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_FiErO_GTClick Here to visit 86_FiErO_GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to 86_FiErO_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Voided:

gimmie a break... 23 pounds a wheel?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH 23lbs PER WHEEL????

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors