Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Notchie Tail Lamp Design Competiton (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Notchie Tail Lamp Design Competiton by AusFiero
Started on: 09-05-2004 08:52 AM
Replies: 142
Last post by: 86fieroEarl on 10-16-2004 07:49 AM
JG87LXi-2Fast_Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JG87LXi-2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit JG87LXi-2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to JG87LXi-2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Another idea? Ala Trans Am style.

I want this!

IP: Logged
Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
They all look pretty neat and unique. Bad part of this is that Aus might win his own competition.

------------------

jeremymarsh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeremymarshSend a Private Message to jeremymarshDirect Link to This Post
I put the fiero sign in both of mine know I need to figure out what to do next that would be unique that nobody else has done.

------------------

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Here's my entry.

------------------
fourpoint9
87 notchback 4.9L swap in progress

JG87LXi-2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JG87LXi-2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit JG87LXi-2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to JG87LXi-2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Here's my entry.

thats nice

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:
Keep something in mind here as you do these.... A final product should be 50 State legal in the U.S.
Are ALL states pretty close to the same..??

Originally posted by theogre:

The lights also have to be visible within a legally required angle of view. A light that is only visible to someone directly behind you is probably illegal.

and What angle and distance is it..??

Thanks I am just trying to be sure that mine are legal... Thay are close enough for me though...

------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!* *FIRST-EVER CHOPTOP-WIDEBODY GT!!*
*~* 4.9L-V8*~*Pic's Coming Soon! Stay Tuned!!

JG87LXi-2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JG87LXi-2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit JG87LXi-2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to JG87LXi-2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
THey just have to be as visible as the stock tail lights, meaning nothing has to be sticking out or anything, there's lights on the side of the car. And what they mean by legal 50 state stats....every aftermarket tail light has to have reflectors. BUT, the fiero has them in the bumper, so the tail lights DONT have to have reflectors. So AUS's setup would be perfect.
FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
I'm really liking that Firebird stlye. Free bump with another take on it. I think I need to take a crack at this one for real.

Amber turn signal lens, a round fog/work light in the cutout for a back up light.

Mods : Wing delete, shaved trunk lock, moved 'PONTIAC' script, rear fascia w/ center exhaust and relocated plate.

[This message has been edited by FieroBUZZ (edited 09-07-2004).]

Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
You HAVE to have reflectors on your car?? That sucks.
I don't have photoshop so I can't do it, but Ithink mini GT lights would be cool.
FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Finale:

You HAVE to have reflectors on your car?? That sucks.
I don't have photoshop so I can't do it, but Ithink mini GT lights would be cool.

Yes, but unlike the Fiero, most modern car lenses have the reflector built in. As long as you use one of those you don't need separate reflectors.

Pyric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyricSend a Private Message to PyricDirect Link to This Post
Here are some Vette inspired lights

PFF
System Bot
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

using premade LED disks

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 09-07-2004).]

Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
AUS!!! hewre is what you need to do. Make the panel. thats it, just the panel, no lights, no cut outs no nothing. Make the plain panel and let each of us design our own lights. That way you have less production time and costs since you dont have to have a stock of the lights. Also you dont have to listen to people saying I dont like those lights from Aus! Make Us the panel and we can do the rest

------------------
4.9 Caddy in Garage! Car in Driveway! ACK!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.org

Pyric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyricSend a Private Message to PyricDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:

AUS!!! hewre is what you need to do. Make the panel. thats it, just the panel, no lights, no cut outs no nothing. Make the plain panel and let each of us design our own lights. That way you have less production time and costs since you dont have to have a stock of the lights. Also you dont have to listen to people saying I dont like those lights from Aus! Make Us the panel and we can do the rest

You could make 2 versions. One that is solid, and one that is clear but tinted. That would be pretty sweet

Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Here's my entry.

This has my vote.

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Street&Strip Performance:

This has my vote.

ditto

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I think Aus has it won, boys. The TransAm look is the cleanest so far. I vote we chip in and buy him his own first set.

------------------
88 Formula, "Asphalt Aviator"

"I've seen em---they're little fellers. You know, the Artesians..."
---caretaker at Olympia Brewery

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:

I agree. I think it would be cool to make our own design.

gumert

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gumertSend a Private Message to gumertDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Street&Strip Performance:

This has my vote.

Mine too so far

SNMFX

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2004 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
Why not try to carry on the hexagon theme used throughout the Fiero???
These are my ideas based on that!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by SNMFX (edited 09-07-2004).]

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post

Here's my entry.

Get rid of the chrome around the lens and it'd look beautiful.

------------------
1988 Aero 88 coupe.. 2.8l v6.. more mods to come.
Photo Gallery - Fiero Links - WebShop

PFF
System Bot
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post

Here is someting to get the creative juices flowing. 1972 Australian Ford Falcon lenses used in a custom carbonfibre panel and the reflectors changed to reversing lights. These lenses are reflective so the lower ones aren't needed and reversing lights are.

I love this--My vote is for these. I have modified several notchback lenses and these are the neatest and fit the shape of the Fiero.

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Yep, do it in a red, yellow and black paint scheme, with the words "MAIN FORCE PATROL" along the rear flank..."Mad Max's" car---Down Under's answer to the Starsky and Hutch Torino...

------------------
88 Formula, "Asphalt Aviator"

"I've seen em---they're little fellers. You know, the Artesians..."
---caretaker at Olympia Brewery

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyric:

or a little Mustang flavor

these probably fit he lines the best - just sooo mustangish

Pyric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyricSend a Private Message to PyricDirect Link to This Post
Here is another (before my network crashs again)

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

SCORE!!!

nosaj1985gtjason

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaj1985gtjasonSend a Private Message to nosaj1985gtjasonDirect Link to This Post
I like the tail lights. I think this is a real good idea.
bumpy.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Here comes another batch... seeing as how nobody liked the first bunch, I'll try again with some ideas that incorporate Aus's trans am style and a few others...

They all use lights off of the supra... even the bar lights are just the third brake light on the trunk lid.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003
These are the trans am style in red/amber/white going vertical/horizontal

Here's one of those "angry" style lights that people seem to like:

And lastly, a body colour panel with rounded rectangular indents for the lenses that are flat on top and bottom, but with the circular sides:

Hopefully people like some of these lol, or else its back to the drawing boards again. Which I won't hesitate to do... its kinda fun.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I don't have Photoshop. If one of you guys could take AusFiero's trans am style and put reverse lights just inboard of the red slits, IMHO that would be ideal.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 09-07-2004).]

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I don't have Photoshop. If one of you guys could take AusFiero's trans am style and put reverse lights just inboard of the red slits, IMHO that would be ideal.

I was already thinking that myself

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Fiero~Spataro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero~SpataroSend a Private Message to Fiero~SpataroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

that gets my vote, awsome!

NSAN1T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NSAN1TSend a Private Message to NSAN1TDirect Link to This Post
this is what I've been wanting to do to one of mine for a while... the "P O N T I A C" is reflective red lettering inside the lens or cut out of the solid peice with a reflective strip behind it... the lights are led strips behind tinted lenses...

Josh

Edit: this would look best with sequential signals IMO

[This message has been edited by NSAN1T (edited 09-07-2004).]

ShaddowGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaddowGtSend a Private Message to ShaddowGtDirect Link to This Post

my vote here.

Automoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutomodaSend a Private Message to AutomodaDirect Link to This Post
I'm too lazy to re-do this to fit the image that the rules require. Perhaps you've seen it in a previous thread:

Slats and round lights both.

------------------

87 Quad 4 HO convertible

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Here comes another batch... seeing as how nobody liked the first bunch, I'll try again with some ideas that incorporate Aus's trans am style and a few others...

They all use lights off of the supra... even the bar lights are just the third brake light on the trunk lid.

I definitely like this one. Someone start modifying and making these work. I just have a feeling this is going to be one of those threads that we just get to see what it could look like and no one ever designs or makes something. Lets get these made.

------------------

1 of 2: Factory Maroon/Gray 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 13.704@98mph, 1.938 60ft)

My Website
My CarDomain Site

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
That one wouldnt work. The lights are bigger than the panel. They have to be feasible.
JG87LXi-2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JG87LXi-2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit JG87LXi-2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to JG87LXi-2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post

And lastly, a body colour panel with rounded rectangular indents for the lenses that are flat on top and bottom, but with the circular sides:

Hopefully people like some of these lol, or else its back to the drawing boards again. Which I won't hesitate to do... its kinda fun.

HOLY HELL I LOVE THIS ONE TOO!!!!!

BTW AUS, what year T/A?

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

i'm liking this

i updated mine to include the reverse lights like that

man with all these designs - if you don't make something like this - i probably will for myself

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 09-08-2004).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

That one wouldnt work. The lights are bigger than the panel. They have to be feasible.

Are you reffering to my supra lights design?

If so, you don't necessarily have to use the lenses from the supra. You could just use similar red/amber/white round lenses that are smaller in size. Plus, the exact lenses from the supra are probably way over priced and it would just drive the price up of the product.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock