deck lid photos by dagriff
Started on: 08-28-2004 07:05 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: jscott1 on 11-08-2004 07:04 PM
dagriff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dagriffSend a Private Message to dagriffDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have photos of an 84 with side vents added? (or a later "humped" car with an 84 vented lid).

I have aquired an 84 lid, and wondered what it would look like on my 85. It would also help get the heat away from the4.9., but I dont want to have to put it on to see if it looks odd!
Griff

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
It has been done.. There are some pics floating around but I can't find any at the moment. Personally, I don't like it. Having the slots on the hood running front to back and the vents on the grilles running side to side doesn't look good to me. If I run across a picture I'll post it for you.

------------------

Fiero-Performance.com

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

It has been done.. There are some pics floating.

PM MinnGreen..

------------------

*~*CUSTOM BUILT!!*~*

*~*W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!*~* *~*UNDER SURGERY!!*~*
*~*Ultimate Mod Coming Soon!!*~*

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Here you go.. Now you can make your own decision.. I don't care for it... Someone in the thread where this picture was posted said it reminded them of a BBQ grill. But if cooling is your goal and you don't want to deal with glassing a vent in, this would be an easy way to do it.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 08-28-2004).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2004 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Someone needs to take a picture of that grill with a couple of steaks and brats on it.

JazzMan

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
And the heat from that 4.9 could probably cook it too! I'll take mine medium rare please.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Uh-oh! Bad omen.... Check out this thread... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/045109.html

And here I was looking all over for pictures of 84 decklid and later grills combined. All we had to do was wait. I don't think it worked out too well for this car though!

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I was just going to post that here Songman.... looks like you beat me to it. Thanks.

------------------
Don Pottorff
www.vmf323.com
Red 88 2M4
Silver 86 2M4
Red 84 SE Parts Car
Red 85 GT 1:18 Scale

dagriff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dagriffSend a Private Message to dagriffDirect Link to This Post
Mmmmmm..... I especialy like it with the Red Green convertable kit. It just needs tidying up with some duct tape.

Seriously, it does look like a BBQ. Maybe it might look a bit better in body colour.
Griff.

buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
I don’t know how your throttle cable hooks up on to your TB on your 4.9.
But on Ling it is on the side of the carb closest to the firewall.
When Ling looked like this…

snow and ice would build up on top.
Once the car was started it would melt.
The water would wick in to the throttle cable.
Then would refreeze at highway speeds in the winter and lock the throttle open.
I would shut the engine off and coast to a stop.
The heat from the engine would thaw the cable and I could start driving again
I’d get about 1/4 of a mile and it would happen again.
Having the throttle cable frozen on snowy / icey roads in rush hour traffic is pretty scary.

Something to think about.

dagriff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dagriffSend a Private Message to dagriffDirect Link to This Post
Now this is an odd choice..it must be real hot under there!

PFF
System Bot
Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post
^^^^^^^ I used to do that on my notchie in the winter.^^^^^^^^
84Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84Fiero2M4Send a Private Message to 84Fiero2M4Direct Link to This Post
Hey that last one looks good but vented would be very limited.

------------------
1984 Pontiac Fiero 2M4 - 88 Formula Front End, Roof Wing, JVC Stereo, Red Neons, Sony P5 8" Center Console Sub

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
My 84 had no decklid vents... I never had it overheat on me.

I liked the look allot.

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
This is my version of what to do with the decklid. The paint is the same as what is in my signature but in different light.

------------------
1987 Fiero SE

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 09-24-2004).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Same here.. That is what I have on my white 85GT. The engine grills are also painted white... Looks great! No pictures of it though.

We did the same thing on Rie's car when we painted it last month. Can't see it too well in this picture though.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-24-2004).]

MilleniumFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MilleniumFieroSend a Private Message to MilleniumFieroDirect Link to This Post

------------------

85 SE

[This message has been edited by MilleniumFiero (edited 09-24-2004).]

84Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84Fiero2M4Send a Private Message to 84Fiero2M4Direct Link to This Post
what kind of scoop is that millenium?it looks bolt on.

------------------
*Sponsered by Sport Compact Pro*
1984 White Pontiac Fiero 2M4 - 88 Front End, JVC Stereo, Pioneer Speakers, Red Neons, Spec Clutch
1986 Black Pontiac Fiero GT - Brand New Brakes

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
what if you painted it the same color as the car?
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
I use to have the grilled vents on my old "84 and it helped a lot in cooling the Quad H.O.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2004 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

I don't care for it much either. If the vents were all going in the same direction I might like it better.

BTW, why are you having cooling issues on the 4.9? Mine runs cool even in Texas.

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock