Started on: 10-26-2004 03:08 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: yellowstone on 10-26-2004 05:49 PM
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
Ok for example, you know how the Mustang Cobra has that neat little front & fender chrome Cobra emblems

Well I was wondering how hard would it be to make a chrome "pegasus" emblem, for example, like the door tabs, but with no crest, just the actual pegasus. I'm going to get ahold of some clay hopefully and will try doing some actual size emblems to see how they would look. What are those Cobra emblems made out of? Metal?? Adn how hard would it be to make one, thx.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
There are a few out there, one was very nice, "3Dified...", made out of metal... Sorry, I don't have a link to it right now...
Fiero Finale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
Yeah that's what i'm wondering. A "3Dified" emblem like the Cobra one shown above. I think it would be so cool to have at least on the fenders.
The Aura

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
The "ghetto" alternative to this is just to cut out the pegasus from the rest of the GT stick on part of the emblem... some black remains but it sets off the chrome. sand the edges smooth and nobody will be the wiser after you stick it back on... maybe try this look b4 you invest big bucks in an actual metal one. I'd take pictures but my car is already stored for the winter... best of luck!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
This is the right thread:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/044326.html

I have tried to contact MP5Na3 again but no luck - hope he reappears because I'd like a set!

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com/fiero.html
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, PU dog bone, bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, OZELOT exhaust, Mercedes SLK yellow, Mr. Mikes seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 player and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

Fiero Finale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
Dude those are awesome! That's exactly what i'm talking about, would be cooler if they were "out more" and not so flat but they're still great!
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
I have been making some emblems.

This is the emblem in various versions that I made for Kameo Kid:

This is a final proposal that I am making for one of the forum members this week:

This subject comes up now and again. Making emblems is not that big of a deal for me, it is the cost to produce them that is. The emblems that I make run in the area of $150 due to the "one off" type of production. I do not have the capital run quantities and really do not see the market to sell enough of the them to warrant larger production.

Once again, the cost and time involved to make a 3D emblem is going to be cost prohibitive by the CNC out of aluminum method that I use. There are also limitations of detail with the mill tooling. About the only feasable route that I can think of is to have a mold made and have them injection molded out of plastic. That is a whole different world for me and have no idea on how to pursue that option yet.

If there is anyone interested in an emblem similiar to the pictures, please contact me via e-mail.

------------------
Fred Bartemeyer
Chairman Heartland Fieros
http://www.heartlandfieros.com
86 GT 4spd 26k miles
87 GT 5spd. Blue 37k miles
88 Silver T-Top Formula 275,000 miles
87 GT 5 spd Annette's Sunshine Driver
88 GT 5 spd Annette's Daily Driver

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

May I ask what program you used to create this?

Nate

------------------

My Web page | The Turbo Super Duty Build.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Fred,

That looks good. Can you send me info on sizes fo these emblems? I think I'd like a pair. I already know your quality is impeccable from the keychain (still love it!). Maybe you can then just store them with the rotors :-)

Originally posted by RAREW66:

I have been making some emblems.

This is the emblem in various versions that I made for Kameo Kid:

This is a final proposal that I am making for one of the forum members this week:

This subject comes up now and again. Making emblems is not that big of a deal for me, it is the cost to produce them that is. The emblems that I make run in the area of $150 due to the "one off" type of production. I do not have the capital run quantities and really do not see the market to sell enough of the them to warrant larger production.

Once again, the cost and time involved to make a 3D emblem is going to be cost prohibitive by the CNC out of aluminum method that I use. There are also limitations of detail with the mill tooling. About the only feasable route that I can think of is to have a mold made and have them injection molded out of plastic. That is a whole different world for me and have no idea on how to pursue that option yet.

If there is anyone interested in an emblem similiar to the pictures, please contact me via e-mail.

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com/fiero.html
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, PU dog bone, bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, OZELOT exhaust, Mercedes SLK yellow, Mr. Mikes seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 player and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock