Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  The donor car, the engine, my new swap pics (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
The donor car, the engine, my new swap pics by Her86GT
Started on: 12-07-2004 05:24 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: 86 FIERO GT on 12-15-2004 11:36 PM
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

PBJ
look for a computer from a late 92 allante as they where the first northstar implanted by caddy . the computer is OBD! and can have the chip reprogramed to
work in the fiero with your engine and you can keep all the original sensors and ignition setup .

just curious, as I'm not familiar with these.
But wouldn't the 93-95 ECM's be OBD 1 too? There are people with running N*s, on factory ECMs with a five speed. They have a chip from wcapman to eliminate the auto trans programing.

Something you may consider is EDist by FAST. It may be compatible with the Northstar sensors. I know is compatable with the Northstar Ign. Module. It can also be used with LS1 coils. I picked one up on ebay. I haven't read into it too much, but the gist of it is. It takes the EST signal and cam position signal. It uses the cam sensor to fire the given cylinder, and the factory ECM controls the timing. All the EDist does is tell the coils when to fire. Its been used with the 749 ECM. check out www.thirdgen.org if your interested. A few guys there are running it.

IP: Logged
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PBJ:

I could wrap it all up and put a bow on it too if you would like.

Pete

Awww, don't TEMPT me! So, if I drive mine up there you could just slap it in there, right?

------------------
Take a deep breath... smell that? It's a cleaner, fresher PFF!
***Custom 85 under construction, 87 Coupe in the driveway. The fun never ends!***

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

Awww, don't TEMPT me! So, if I drive mine up there you could just slap it in there, right?

You show up Friday night and drive home Sunday with your turbo V8.

Pete

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
92 93 only obd2 came in in the 94 caddy with N* engines
86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
PBJ, I am the member Mr Pat is talking about, have you tried to mate the two together yet? If you look at the 80E, you will notice the tailhousing is kind of offset from the motor. This gets it away and clears the headers. The 60E does not have that luxury and if you look where the tail housing and bell housing meet, there is about 1 1/2-2" that will be in the way and hit the corner of the block. Just want to give you a heads up on that. If you actually can make it work I will be very interested as I dont think my 5spd's will hold up to my N* and 150shot in the race car.

BTW, I have a Vin 9 300hp stock N* for sale, completely rebuilt

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock