Fiero Lambo door conversion by caseyret
Started on: 03-14-2005 09:31 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: GODFATHER on 03-17-2005 07:57 AM
caseyret

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for caseyretSend a Private Message to caseyretDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have experience doing this conversion. Any vendors out there with kits that someone might suggest? Does ot allow enough clearance to exit from the car comfortably? Does this conversion look nice for a show car as far as fit and finish is concerned? Anythoughts, ideas, opinions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Lost in Ohio...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
Not to be that guy, but try doing a search. There have been lots of threads on this one.
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
There have been a lot of threads on it, but if the second guy hadnt started a thread about the same subject, there would only ever be one thread !!

I was really into this, but I didnt find a whole lot of encouraging prices, somehow it just kinda fell off my list of prioritys, that being said, im getting out of here before I start drolling over them again, I have too many things going on right now.... musttt... fight ..... the temptation...mmmm lambo

1987bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1987bluegtSend a Private Message to 1987bluegtDirect Link to This Post
verticaldoors.com can give you the universal kit (will get rid of most of the fabing ) this is the route i will go if i do get lambos
FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
I just did some doors om mine and I used thr VDC kit. It worked great. All you need with their kit is to make 1/2 in. metal spacers, that will push the hinge out a bit. other than that its pretty simple. The set I got was the universal and what I did was doa alittle bit of work to them to use the factory bolt holes. Its not hard at all. Well you'll need some welding skills, but its not as hard as they make it seem . I would say we had both doors on in 2 days, thats including fab for the spacers.
Good luck with the project.

Alex

------------------
There's two types of cars in the world, Fieros and everything else.

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2005 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I'm a tired Rumor. Will blab tomorrow.

some info:

http://fiero5000.com/lambo.htm

Madcurl and a few others have sweet Lambo-doored examples...

------------------

caseyret

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for caseyretSend a Private Message to caseyretDirect Link to This Post
Rumor,

Any chance on providing what hinges you used? Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

I'm a tired Rumor. Will blab tomorrow.

some info:

http://fiero5000.com/lambo.htm

Madcurl and a few others have sweet Lambo-doored examples...

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post

Me and a friend did this on sunday. A little pic to drool over. I know it is not a Fiero but you get the ideal. It is a vertical door kit. Direct bolt in. 3 1/2 hours to complete the project. Would I do it on a daly driver? prob not. There is only 1 piviot point for the door to move. The door is kinda flembsy at the rear. Harder to get into than stock. The look is bad A@#. It makes up for the fact that it is kinda flembsy. I contacted the place we got this kit from and asked about a fiero. They do not have a bolt in kit for us but he said he will sell us a kit for the same money $475 shipped. Then we can just weld them in. I am thinking about seeing what it will take to take their hinge modify it to bolt in and seeing if there is interest in it on the forum. If I can design them and make a jig, weld the brackets on so they bolt in and then resell them, I will try. If I do come up with a bolt in kit, it will be the middle of the summer. If I can make $100 per set, so $575 plus my shipping, that will cover time and the materials to do this. If any one is interested p.m. me so I can determine if it is a good ideal. This is not set in stone yet so I am just "feeling" to see the interest.

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
86SE VERT (building soon)

caseyret

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for caseyretSend a Private Message to caseyretDirect Link to This Post
Anybody use Decah brand hinges? The following site states they are a direct bolt on kit and completely reversible. Opinions appreciated.

http://www.auto-parts-group.com/auto-parts-car-parts-auto-parts-catalog/product_info.php/name/Decah%20Direct%20Bolt-on%20Vertical%20Door%20Conversion%20Kit%20%2884-88%20Fiero%29/pr oducts_id/247

Thanks Madcurl for all your legwork on the archived threads. Much appreciated. Can't seem to find any detailed pics of the hinges installed and a close up view of them while doors opened. Curious on the finished look.

Again, thanks guys for the feedback.

[This message has been edited by caseyret (edited 03-15-2005).]

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
I have dech universal hinges I brought for $850. I just installed the hinge on drivers side had to do some modifications to the hinge. The width of the fiero door hinges are narrower then the universal hinges I have so I had to narrow the hinge to match the fieros. When opening the door normally you can get into the car with out much effort, then when the door goes up its even easier.The decah hinges are not flimsy.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

I have dech universal hinges I brought for $850. I just installed the hinge on drivers side had to do some modifications to the hinge. The width of the fiero door hinges are narrower then the universal hinges I have so I had to narrow the hinge to match the fieros. When opening the door normally you can get into the car with out much effort, then when the door goes up its even easier.The decah hinges are not flimsy.

Did you just take a grinder and take some off the hinge to make it more narrow? Any close up pics on the hinges would be helpful. Thank you.

YELLOWFIERO88 -- You've been pmd'

------------------
Custom Fiero 2M4 - 3800 Swap Coming Soon?....

PFF
System Bot
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
I cut and rewelded the part that bolts to the body.I'll post pictures as soon as I can figure out pip.My computor screen goes haywire when I try to download it. I have pictures to post as soon as I can figure out how.
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
You can email them to me Godfather and I can post them
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
Yellowfiero88 email sent. Let me know if it worked and if it helps you.

Joe

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
I am going to have to do that.

------------------

88gt build up! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047402.html

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pictures I hope.[img]
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post

GODFATHER

1020 posts
Member since Jun 2003
And another hopefully.
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post

GODFATHER

1020 posts
Member since Jun 2003
One more. Sorry about the multi posts but still playing with pip.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Mine are Decah as well... The guy welded them in and bolted the top. The bottom has a 1/2 inch spacer welded in.

------------------

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
FieroRumor - How did you extend your wire looms? I don't want mine to look butched up or halfed a$$.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock