Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Just another 3800 SC on the road ? Maybe, Maybe not. (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Just another 3800 SC on the road ? Maybe, Maybe not. by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 06-19-2003 01:10 AM
Replies: 160
Last post by: ToddCaster on 10-05-2005 05:27 PM
Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2003 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCDirect Link to This Post
Page 3, Only 6 more to go to catch up with Skitime!

So, when are you going to get that thing back on the road? I mean how long has it been, almost 2 months? Or closer to 56 days or about 1350 hours ago.

You never did tell me if you got my package with the powder coating stuff.

[This message has been edited by Fiero38SC (edited 09-11-2003).]

IP: Logged
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2003 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero38SC:

Page 3, Only 6 more to go to catch up with Skitime!

So, when are you going to get that thing back on the road? I mean how long has it been, almost 2 months? Or closer to 56 days or about 1350 hours ago.

You never did tell me if you got my package with the powder coating stuff.

[This message has been edited by Fiero38SC (edited 09-11-2003).]

I'm working on it..............but it's looking like Cryogenic Freezing will be one of the steps back together.

AND YES I DID TELL YOU I got your package......... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/032358.html

Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2003 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCDirect Link to This Post
Sorry. Totally missed that one.
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2003 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Hey Shawn. . .

Aren't those Rotors a little small??? For some reason, I just have this feeling that someone could go bigger. . .

Eric

------------------
88 Coupe, Duke I4, 5 Speed

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2003 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

Hey Shawn. . .

Aren't those Rotors a little small??? For some reason, I just have this feeling that someone could go bigger. . .

Eric

Like most here on the forum will say "believe it when I see it".............I've already DONE it ..........so just BRING IT
sprite_68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2003 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sprite_68Send a Private Message to sprite_68Direct Link to This Post
That is one nice car, I am looking to be on of the people to have a 3800 SC in my car to, so it will also look nice and go like a bat out of hell (or what I hear with a 3800 SC)
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2003 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sprite_68:

That is one nice car, I am looking to be on of the people to have a 3800 SC in my car to, so it will also look nice and go like a bat out of hell (or what I hear with a 3800 SC)

Thanks !!! I'm sure your's will go like a "bat out of hell" too...........maybe not a 10 second bat but a quick none the less

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2003 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Like most here on the forum will say "believe it when I see it".............I've already DONE it ..........so just BRING IT

That sounds like some sort of challenge, maybe even with eight piston cal. . .o nooo, I've said too much. Now just to find a master cylinder that moves a whole bunch of fluid. hmmm

Eric

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep this one going and ask Shaun a question or two.

1. Let me know when I can bring my GT up for the 3800. Also, it seems were are going to need a motor mount. Can you fab this? (I can leave it there for a while if needed). BTW, it is a good running 2.8 with some bolt on's so if anyone there is interested or you want it LMK.

2. Have you done anything else to this one currently?

Thanks! Look foward to seeing you and your shop.....and my Fiero with a 3800.

------------------
'87GT Fully modded, 3" Drop on 17's 3800SC on the way....or a turbo
'92 LeBaron soft top, The Players car. :)

fieros only

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
I need to finish a 3.4 conversion, then I can put yours in. Yeh I can fab a mount or two, but I have no idea what to do with the A/C. Tony took the compressor & bracket.

Progress is finally being made on mine since the blow at the 20th, this time EVERYTHING is being done to make it bulletproof. Also other refinements to add to the power it should be ready for the W.O.W. in March.

------------------

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SLAMMED87GT:

BTW, it is a good running 2.8 with some bolt on's so if anyone there is interested or you want it LMK.

I might be interested. I don't know if I want to spend the time rebuilding a 4 banger for 4-500 when i could have a better motor for that. How much you want for it???

Eric

PFF
System Bot
SLAMMED87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

I might be interested. I don't know if I want to spend the time rebuilding a 4 banger for 4-500 when i could have a better motor for that. How much you want for it???

Eric

I'm not sure if we will be using any parts of it for the 3800- I bet we might end up using the AC if it fits, but will need a bracket. Also, it has a Cold Air Intake and MSD coil and pack. If we don't take anything off it than I say $300 is fair being it is a great running engine, has a starter and alternator less than a year old. Send me an email and we can work out details. Also, what about the dogbone? Plus you'll get the Darrel Morse Dogbone and some other stuff as it won't work with the new engine.

Thanks! And Shaun, let me know when to bring the GT up and we'll proceed from there! Good thing is I have the good wheels off and will be removing the front spoiler before bringing it up to ease the install for ya!

------------------
'87GT Fully modded, 3" Drop on 17's 3800SC on the way....or a turbo
'92 LeBaron soft top, The Players car. :)

fieros only

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SLAMMED87GT:

Thanks! And Shaun, let me know when to bring the GT up and we'll proceed from there! Good thing is I have the good wheels off and will be removing the front spoiler before bringing it up to ease the install for ya!

O.K. ...............and we wont be ablde to use the Fiero A/C. It will need a bracket & compressor from another 3800.

P.S. If Eric does't take the driveline I have someone here who's interested..............

Slater_334

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Direct Link to This Post
what kind of power are you getting out of that thing?
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2003 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slater_334:

what kind of power are you getting out of that thing?

We will soon find out but estimations from the builder are around 475hp to 525hp off the bottle

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2003 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
so where exactly is your engine at right now? And why did it blow this time (you know, at the 20th..) i never did hear?? I like your car, do you think that i can have it when your done??
hotoz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2003 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hotozSend a Private Message to hotozDirect Link to This Post
the car looks beautiful,well done..btw what gearbox is in it..looks like you just about change radio stations when you choose a gear.
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2003 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hotoz:

the car looks beautiful,well done..btw what gearbox is in it..looks like you just about change radio stations when you choose a gear.

He has the the 4t65e, with a Quaif [sp] diff. and soon will have fully cryo treated internal parts

Eric

[This message has been edited by Racingman24 (edited 12-10-2003).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2003 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

so where exactly is your engine at right now? And why did it blow this time (you know, at the 20th..) i never did hear?? I like your car, do you think that i can have it when your done??

He He yeah..........I'll just give it away when I'm done putting 20k & 2 years into it

Anyhow the engine is at the machine shop. The conclusion is that it blew due to lack of lubrication, either from the overheating & breakdown on the oil or beacause it cant hold enough oil. They only take 4.5 quarts, I'm now researching a "dry sump" system. We are going to heat treat the crank and use better rods. Then cryo-freeze everything. The trans parts have been frozen and is being built, "bulletproof" that is. My transmission builder has already spent $1200 at cost on the performance parts.

edited cause I still cant speel

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 12-10-2003).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Sorry........just wanted to bump this to 100 responces
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
NICE CAR!

-FieroRumor

------------------

lowfierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 247
User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2003 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post
Keep at top.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lowfierogt:

Keep at top.

Hey I saw you blew your high miler, what happened ???

I have this other supercharged motor here taken apart from Rob Bartlett, it just needs one cylinder resleeved.

lowfierogt

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2003 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post

Hey I saw you blew your high miler, what happened ???

I have this other supercharged motor here taken apart from Rob Bartlett, it just needs one cylinder resleeved.

I think it has something to do with the custom exhaust we made... I will send you a pic of what we did. You can post it for me?

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

I think it has something to do with the custom exhaust we made... I will send you a pic of what we did. You can post it for me?

Well if I can't, someone can. I'm having issues with installing PIP on the new computer.

lowfierogt

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2003 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post
Here u go I got my PIP going.

------------------
86" TARGET=_blank rel="nofollow">http://www.fiero.mn.org

86 GT, 18" wheels, GA CD brakes, ST brace, Leather, 3800 Supercharged,DVD
88 Formula 5 speed T-Top stock,
88 GT,Leather, T-Top,Getting 3800 SC 5 speed.

SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could do this kinda work to my car

props to a mad fiero.. one of my favs'!

James Z

------------------

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Why is it that I've neer seen this thread before! That is one incredible fiero. You've put a lot into it and it definitely shows... someone is a perfectionist lol. Keep posting up pictures and specs, I love it.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Why is it that I've neer seen this thread before! That is one incredible fiero. You've put a lot into it and it definitely shows... someone is a perfectionist lol. Keep posting up pictures and specs, I love it.

Thanks DoubleC4..........I have a couple of these that I send a lot of time on. 3 of them will be at the Dells this year. I'm also planning on having the supercharged finished by March World of Wheels.
Yours looks like it's a high detail car too.

Tony I don't see how the exhaust would make any dramatic affect on the engine enough to make it blow. That same set-up was used on the N/A motor and worked fine. What did the motor actually do to fail ???

lowfierogt

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-23-2003 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post

Thanks DoubleC4..........I have a couple of these that I send a lot of time on. 3 of them will be at the Dells this year. I'm also planning on having the supercharged finished by March World of Wheels.

Tony I don't see how the exhaust would make any dramatic affect on the engine enough to make it blow. That same set-up was used on the N/A motor and worked fine. What did the motor actually do to fail ???

All I really know is the manifold we blocked off got red hot then the one rod let go.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCDirect Link to This Post

All I really know is the manifold we blocked off got red hot then the one rod let go.

All I can say is "Holy Back Pressure Batman!". The outlet from that manifold you blocked off is normally 3".

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Not in your league though lol, but I'm working on it. Thanks

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Well.........theoretically the design of that set-up is virtually identical to my 90 Grand Prix 3.1 Intercooled Turbo. The flow isn't pinched off in any manor, it's just redirected to a collecter pipe that goes back around the the other pipe. It's set-up the SAME as this 3.1 Turbo.

If the ONE manifold glowed I would look to a stuck open injector, burnt or stuck exhaust valve, bad plug or wire, misfiring coil pack, or any other probable cause to unload or dump raw fuel into the exhaust.

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Although the MN boys probably don't remember me, I have seen PURPLE REIGN's Fiero in person at a mall meet last summer. It is one of the most impressive, highly modified cars that I have seen anywhere. I left there thinking my mostly stock Fiero was not all that great anymore. It was a little sad for me knowing the current state of restoration that my car is in, but I was in such awe of the cars there. Tina's car is another example of how awesome you can make one of these cars. I don't remember who's car it was, but there was a 4.9L N* that was also over the top. I believe that any of these would beat 99% of the newer cars made today.

------------------

87 SE, Tech IV, Auto.
Yes, the picture in my signature does look photoshopped.

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
how about a clooged up muffler to cause the glowing manifold!

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor, 5sp.
custom hood,trunk,side scoops,IRM front spoiler, dk.Shadow Grey

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2004 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

Although the MN boys probably don't remember me, I have seen PURPLE REIGN's Fiero in person at a mall meet last summer. It is one of the most impressive, highly modified cars that I have seen anywhere. I left there thinking my mostly stock Fiero was not all that great anymore. It was a little sad for me knowing the current state of restoration that my car is in, but I was in such awe of the cars there. Tina's car is another example of how awesome you can make one of these cars. I don't remember who's car it was, but there was a 4.9L N* that was also over the top. I believe that any of these would beat 99% of the newer cars made today.

THANK YOU very much, a + for ya just because it's really nice to hear great comments after such hard work, and appreciate the cincerity of what you have to say. You will see it again only better with more mod's. Believe it or not. Earlier in the thread there were pics of it COMPLETLY torn apart...................well it's in that state again. After a horrible body guy did it the first time its getting done the right way ( with a few extra mods ) and 2 engine's and 2 trannie's later, I'm selling stuff I never thought I'd sell to keep this project alive.

KEEP YOUR EYES OUT "RACE" I'LL BE THERE AGAIN, & WITH ONE OTHER CAR starting with the W.O.W. on march 13th

Hey Revin..............wouldnt BOTH manifolds glow then

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 01-21-2004).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2004 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
DOH !!!

I'm out ! back to the sweet car buildup !!

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2004 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Shawn, this spring you want to bottle feed my 2.8?
Can't be totally stock can it?? I want to be able to keep up with you a little on the ride down to wheat stock!!!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2004 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:

Shawn, this spring you want to bottle feed my 2.8?
Can't be totally stock can it?? I want to be able to keep up with you a little on the ride down to wheat stock!!!

Yeah I can bottle feed your 2.8........................but even if you wanted to double your HP you still wouldnt even be able to smell my exhaust

I'll probably get flamed for this but calculating the #'s and comparing other "similar" Fiero's & weight etc, it should run a 10.5 with no N.O.S.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock