Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Chop Top T-Top - (and my other ® cars.) (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Chop Top T-Top - (and my other ® cars.) by Will-Martin
Started on: 07-09-2004 02:35 AM
Replies: 140
Last post by: jscott1 on 11-02-2005 07:40 PM
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
All of you HAVE been very patient with my progress, and for your interest in the project I should at least give you a taste of what I am aiming for. For all of my faithfull viewers, a glimse of Blackheart - enjoy --

I am sure someone will wind up finishing a car just like this rendering before I get mine done, so this is my timestamp!

--Will

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 10-10-2004).]

IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Looks totally awesome...the trailer that is. The tow vehicle is pretty nice too.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Looks totally awesome...the trailer that is. The tow vehicle is pretty nice too.

Thanks man, Now I just have to decide what color...

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Any new news???
85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2004 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
BUMP

Any news??

------------------
85 2m4 Sport Coupe
88 Coupe with T-Tops

Western New York Fiero
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/wnyfiero/

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2004 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys,

Nothing new to report. I am having to work a lot these days and that is holding me up. I will try to make time to work on it this week.

Thanks!

--Will

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2004 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
well..... anything..??
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 504
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for more.

Bump!

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2004 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Got to work on it a little bit, but not much. We have 2 field jobs going right now and I am up to my neck in paper work. I hope to turn some wrenches this weekend. I will post some pics then for you guys.

--Will

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Got to work on it a little bit, but not much. We have 2 field jobs going right now and I am up to my neck in paper work. I hope to turn some wrenches this weekend. I will post some pics then for you guys.

--Will

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2004 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Trust me, you do not want to know what I am up to now!

--Will

PFF
System Bot
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Anything new with this?
malacite

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for malaciteSend a Private Message to malaciteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks man, Now I just have to decide what color...

never thought i'd say this but that purple is hot. do the purple. and the trailer needs a spoiler too.

------------------

car destroyed by charley, then again by francis
seeking automatic aero-notchie for 3.4 carb swap.

[This message has been edited by malacite (edited 12-15-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

--Will

Now I want to know...lol
Mines been kinda in 'turtle' motion right now...lol I am doing about 4 things at once so nothing is getting DONE...know what I mean...??
Plus I am fixing to start making the "EuroSmooth" rocker panels...

SmoothGT!

------------------

------------------

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post
trailer needs spoiler.. car is gonna be great, keep up the good work.

------------------
2X88 GT's, Formula, 85GT TPI, 00 Navigator(totally pimped, 9 tv's, 22's, ghostflames, etc......) Rolls Royce Silver Spirit, 69 Camaro 375hp/350 4sp, 00 Mustang GT Conv.(only 19k), 02 VW Turbo S(240hp 1.8l) Maserati Quattroporte(project).

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

--Will

Will, I wish you were up to chopping T-tops for paying customers

And Steve, (Smooth) I wish you were up to shipping Eurosmooth side skirts for paying customers.

Will, Have you picked out a windshield yet??

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 12-18-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Be Patient... see sig for newest project for Alex...

------------------
"EuroSmooth"
Side Skirts

~GTStyle(Feb. 15th hopefully)
~Coupe Style (March 15th hopefully)
Sidescoops
~A.K.Plasma (March 1st hopefully)

stuartlowery

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
User Banned

Report this Post12-19-2004 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stuartloweryClick Here to visit stuartlowery's HomePageSend a Private Message to stuartloweryDirect Link to This Post
If you only knew what it was taking to do it you'd be very afraid to ask for a price for him to do it.

------------------
Visit Texas Fieros . Com

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2004 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Will, I wish you were up to chopping T-tops for paying customers

And Steve, (Smooth) I wish you were up to shipping Eurosmooth side skirts for paying customers.

Last time you did that winky stuff you ended up at Archies...
Ohhh No....

------------------
"EuroSmooth Fiberglass Products"

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 01-09-2005).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2005 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Hello..??
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2005 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Will, throw us a bone will you? How about new pics?

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 01-09-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2005 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Will, throw us a bone will you? How about new pics?

No new pics yet, I have not worked much on the T-Top. My 88 GT is another story.....

I will have more beginning in February!

--Will

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2005 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Where are you at in the DFW area, wouldnt mind coming over and looking at what projects you have going on. Let me know.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2005 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

No new pics yet, I have not worked much on the T-Top.

I will have more beginning in February!

--Will

I'm really interested to know what windshield will fit... Any news there?

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2005 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
Where are you at in the DFW area, wouldnt mind coming over and looking at what projects you have going on. Let me know.

I live south of Fort Worth. My "shop" was done away with because the insurance policy on by parent's house (where I keep my cars) did not allow any type of auto maint. or repair on the grounds. So All of my stuff is in a dirt floor carport covered only on 2 sides. Whenever I need to work on any of them I have to "ninja" them into our shop then "ninja" them back out to the shed as I call it. Not too much to see, that is for sure.

I'm really interested to know what windshield will fit... Any news there?

From just the initial measurements, the glass guy here in town says he can get an import windshield and trim it down to fit. Not sure which one he will be using, but when I find out, I will let everyone know.

Thanks,

--Will

Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Just a little BUMP!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Monthly bump

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Any progress lately?

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2005 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Bi-weekly bump
85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2005 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Bump, any progress?
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Edit
Well for all those who are waiting for an update on the Chop-Top T-Top, sorry for the delays. I am still working on it when I get time - I can not state how many things go into something like a choptop (many things that never even cross your mind when you start) and the stress of getting it done singlehanded really starts to wear on you. Thanks to everyone for thier continued support by bumping my thread. I was VERY sad to miss JScott1's choptop at the AAFO Roundup this year and when my Formula was not in running order to make it to the show that weekend, I lost a lot of drive and even considered getting out of Fieros all together. I have a friend who has been trying to get me into one of the new Mustangs and he was pusing my buttons hot and heavy about that time. I was just about to throw in the towel because I had 5 Fieros, and not one of them ran.

Fortunately I sat down one night and was going through some pictures of Archie's Stinger. I remembered doing some concepts of all the cars I wanted to build later on, and one of them is going to be a little something I like to call "Verde." Originally it was going to be a convertable coupe, painted green and tricked out. I pulled up the concept and really did not like it as a convertable after all because the performace aspect for the car really called for a stable chassis and running low ETs in a convertable will get you sent home at the strip. So I revised the plan starting with Archie's LT-1 Stinger and my Formula as the base for my concept. I added some custom touches to the Coupe/Notchback bodywork as well as a color scheme to fit the car to my tastes. I am currently working on the front lip spoiler design out of Carbon Fiber (the coupe front just needs something) and I have amassed a huge amount of parts to pour into my "Verde" project car. After my current experience chopping the T-Top, I have decided to leave the chopping to the pros. Hopefully when Archie gets settled into his new building, my Formula will be heading to him for the procedure (I ran it by him a few days ago.)

--Will

------------------

For the Notchie/Coupe lovers I present "VE®DE" - hope you like it.

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 04-28-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Stay MOTIVATED!!

Stay TUNED!!

SmoothGT!

------------------

Choptytopped WideBody GT 1 of 1
4.9L-V8-Auto---almost finished

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
I got this e-mail from someone here on the forum who is too scared to even sign it.

you know I have been watching your t-top chop thread on pennocks and i have
enjoyed it until you posted your latest picture. your t-top was original
and creative because no one had done it yet but now you are going back to
your routine of taking someone elses work and making it your own. someone
just posted about a coupe chop and there you go with your picture like it
was your idea all the while. you need to grow up and quit copying everyone
elses work and telling everyone it is your own. i know you were not the
first one with the trailer or the grand prix lights and now taking someone
elses hard work on the coupe and making a picture of it is just like all the
other things you do.

Anonymous Fiero

This is the newest in a series of e-mails I have been getting from this person and it was though a hotmail account so there is no way to really find out who it is. I don't think it was who the e-mail would indicate, but I am checking into it.

This is for Mr. "Anonymous Fiero" If ANYONE knows who this guy is, I would like to know his true identity because pretty much anytime I post a picture that I create, he chimes in saying it is just a copy of someone else's work. Well what in the Fiero world isn't? The Fiero is over 20 years old and a LOT of modifications have been done to them over the years. I am not that innovative, but I like to post my ideas to keep the Fiero excitement going, just like Ausfiero, Reality, and others do.

This a$$hole has been taking little shots at me via e-mail for a long time now and when I answer him back or try to find out who he is, he never replies. I don't think I have ever met him face to face but obviously I pissed him off somehow and now he thinks all I do is steal everyone's ideas and post them. Why I let you bother me so bad is beyond me, but obviously not knowing who you are and you making these little snide comments "Anonymously" gets under my skin like no other. That probably makes you happy, but I always post and e-mail using my real name - Not some Chicken $hit little alias.

First off, I did not copy Joshua Riedl's idea for a choptop coupe.

I started with this picture of Archie's Stinger:

And wound up with this:

Josh has probably been working on his choptop for a while now, but I had 0 knowledge of his choptop before I did this concept. I did send my concept picture to Archie and some friends last week before the new pictures of Josh's car were available, so I don't know where you get off saying I copied him. There are many things on my concept different than Josh's car. In fact I even went here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/051348.html yesterday and told him how awesome his chop looks. Up until yesterday I did not even know he was even chopping a coupe. I only posted my picture to serve as a timestamp for my concept, denoting what I was planning to do to my car, not to steal anyone else's idea. If you or anyone here has the money, almost anything I show in my concept is available for purchase, it is not the parts that are unique, it is the way they are put together to form a complete car that makes the car itself unique from owner to owner. Besides mine is green, Josh's car is red even. The ONLY thing I am claiming to be original is the Adjustable Carbon Fiber front lip spoiler that I am designing myself, and even that has been done before - I know an aero coupe on Pennock's once had something similar.

Second, I know exactly what you are talking about when you say "the trailer."

This picture has been on Pennock's for A LONG TIME and I think it was the first totally finished Fiero body trailer that I know of!

I never said anything about being the first to do a trailer and in fact I STILL have not completed my actual trailer. I never was "condescending" either here like you say I was: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/057971-3.html

when talking about this sketch:

and my concept:

HE DID TRACE MY CONCEPT TO GET THE SKETCH, but I actually congratulated him on making it a reality! How is that condescending? Besides, I even think Aus was playing around with and aero trailer design not too long ago that was a tandem axle or something - that is where I got the idea for a single axle version.

NEXT, the idea for the Grand Prix lights in the front was not mine and I never said it was!
I did post a thread on it here in January of 2004: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20040710-1-037396.html

I got that idea from a picture here on Pennock's from a long time ago, I think on a picture with them on Fierolisa's car but I can't find it?

A few months later Bob with B & B Spyder showed up at Daytona with a convertable, smoothed, side scoop, hood cowl, grand prix light Fiero at daytona here much like my concept:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20040710-1-039657.html

By his own admission, he got the Fiero done in the two weeks before the 2004 Daytona show and had the idea for it only a few weeks prior to the show. If I did the concept in January and he showed up with the car in March, having built it in 2 weeks, is it not unreasonable to assume I at least had an influence on the design of the car? That is the only thing I ever said, and I congratulated Bob on making it a reality AND EVEN TRIED TO GET HIM TO MAKE ONE FOR ME!!!!! (Still waiting to hear back from you Bob!) And YES I know I started with Skitime's car, HE KNOWS ABOUT THE PICTURE!

My concept:

His Car:

At any rate, I think you are a peice $hit and I think you are probably a lot tougher behind your keyboard than you are in real life.

Like I said if anyone has ever gotten an e-mail by someone signing "Anonymous Fiero" I would really like to know who it is.

And I really can't believe I just spent an hour of my life looking up all this $hit just to prove you wrong (which you are.)

[/rant]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Throw us a bone will you? A camera phone pic, words or description, anything!
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Throw us a bone will you? A camera phone pic, words or description, anything!

Sure man, I just finished cutting and rewelding the A-Pillars to even them out a little. They were originally about a 1/4 different in cross measurements for some reason. Don't know if the chassis shifted, or I miscalculated, or what. Whatever it was is gone now. I am on my way to the store to try and get some primer for the welds now.

I will try to update everyone tomorrow with some pictures. Should start putting the body back on now, and get the glass ordered.

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i know how you feel man, i get dumb ass comments all the time and although i shouldn't let them get me down they always do. that on top of all the real setbacks is is probably why most don't get finished. i really don't see the big deal with making similar cars either. i don't see every red camaro owner duking it out in the street. personally i saw archies stinger a couple years ago and new i wanted one. after buying a house paying him wasn't an option so i went at it on my own. keep up the good work.
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Don't worry about the email-wanna be guy... I just realised that Texas is becoming the Choptop Capital of the USA!!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

I just realised that Texas is becoming the Choptop Capital of the USA!!

Everything is bigger in Texas....except the Fiero roofline.

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2005 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
You know, I was pretty shocked to find out that someone applied what I had PS'd many times onto various Fieros had actually become a reality. It didn't bother me that someone did what I PS'd at all. If I cared about it I would have kept it a secret.
Heres the pic of Lisas GT, I Photoshoped 1/25/02

My pace car, PS'd 4/29/02

One of our fellow PFFr's car also PS'd 4/29/02

Origionally I came up with this idea when I was searching Fiero sites. I came across one and it had a front corner shot of a Grand Prix, and I thaught it was one of a fiero that had Grand Prix headlights, then when I realized it wasn't a Fiero, an idea was born.

Its funny though, there arent many origional Ideas, most are just inspired.
some more while I was bored some years ago:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030204-1-022551.html

[This message has been edited by Fierobsessed (edited 04-29-2005).]

1987bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2005 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1987bluegtSend a Private Message to 1987bluegtDirect Link to This Post
i think you should start spaming that guys account with junk mail

BTW BEAUTIFUL car now you should chop mine and convert it to t-tops

------------------
now every one remember hondas are cool.....

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock